New Castlevania!

Preacher

http://www.1up.com/do/previewPage?cId=3156904

It's like this, for people who can't be bothered to click the link. Castlevania: The Dracula X chronicles comprises the following:-

-Rondo of Blood

-Rondo of Blood in new, 3Dness

-Symphony of the Night, with new dub.

And, even better news for Castlevania bum boys, Ayami Kojima's back on board! HOOOOOOOOOOOYAH!

Discuss. I think I'll at least borrow a PSP to play it.

But you can play IV.

You can nearly play all of them (the Well the NES, Snes, and MD versions at least).

Its a PSP.

But good on Konami for dedicating another classic game to the wonderous handheld and giving the game a makeover.

This week has seen the Jap release of the Salamder, Twin Bee and Parodius collections -

Metal Slug A. is now out too.

What a wonderous 5 weeks this has been. A real turn of events for the PSP.

How terribly interesting. I don't, you see.

The point being that your previous post stated that IV was The Pinnacle of The Series. Since Joj didn't like IV, and was asking if later titles were better, he could conceivably have read your post and thought, "Bugger that then, Castlevania isn't for me." Thus he would be depriving himself of the awesomeness of the later games which, in fact, a rather large slice of people prefer for all their differences to the more arcadey version. I like both, you see :D

On that note, can't wait for this :unsure:

Well, I think it's fair to say that that video looks quite good. I knew such a style would work! The question is - would we want all of our new Castlevanias looking that way? As much as I've wanted it, I think I would miss the old 2D style if they were to all go the 2.5D route.

Anyway, I expect this will be the newest firmware only, so it will most likely force some interesting PSP dilemmas.

I thought the newest firmware was already hacked/emulated too?

You could be right there. I haven't really checked since I'm happy with my custom 3.03.

Regardless, I anticipate a new firmware before long. And I suspect the way to deal with any games that enforce it is to be patient and wait for DarkAlex and co. to work their magic.

.::: Nice. Although I have some reservations at including SotN on the PSP. Which was a PS1 game to start with. Which means...

Well I guess it's good news for those who don't own the original PS1 disc. :D

A bit worried by the new dub. Going by The Twin Snakes it'll sound horribly wrong at every turn because of it. Besides can we ever imagine "But enough talk. Have at you!" to be delivered differently? I'm also pretty sure they'll select Vaan's voice-actor to do Alucard as well. :unsure:

Anyway, I expect this will be the newest firmware only, so it will most likely force some interesting PSP dilemmas.

3.10 was hacked the day it was released.

My son is going to love this news because I sold my Saturn recently which meant he hasn't been able to play Rondo anymore.

'New' :unsure:

Just done replaying SotN on the psp's psx emulator, tons of fun. I'm not really a fan of IV though, I liked it back when it came out but it's aged horribly compared to the recent ones, the movement is incredibly clunky, even the ropeswinging feels stiff and unsatisfying today. I bet the Mode 7 spinny corridor of death still looks awsome though, I just can't face trudging through the game to see it.

My son is going to love this news because I sold my Saturn recently which meant he hasn't been able to play Rondo anymore.

worst parent ever

I love Castlevania and will no doubt buy this incarnation, but damn its one hell of an ugly game. The visual are completely devoid of any style or charm and the animations are as rigid as could be.

I was just about to say the very same thing, can we now have a few of the new additions in there aswell if we are going to remake, you know, such as the shoulder button dashes. And can we also take the metal plate out of the main chars spine while we are at it, I don't want to walk about like a fashion designer!

There's a lot of Castlevania around lately. As someone who's never played any of them, where do I start? I was thinking Portrait of Ruin first, but then would the older games feel like a step back? Maybe I could try Symphony of the Night when it hits Live Arcade and move onto the GBA games from there, unless this PSP version comes out first... :)