So got myself a 360

cantonarv

Well the fan is noisy !

Live worked nicely first time via my router.

Games I got Gears is definately an 8/10 - something missing in it so far, but I am a bit naff at it.

Oblivion is amazing, cant believe this game, although the load times can be a bit irritating. Played about 3hours of this and an hour of gears.

So far not too bad but nowhere as good as I expected.

Also what do people prefer to play games in 720p or 1080i (my tv is 1080i) ?

Well the fan is noisy !

Live worked nicely first time via my router.

Games I got Gears is definately an 8/10 - something missing in it so far, but I am a bit naff at it.

Oblivion is amazing, cant believe this game, although the load times can be a bit irritating. Played about 3hours of this and an hour of gears.

So far not too bad but nowhere as good as I expected.

Also what do people prefer to play games in 720p or 1080i (my tv is 1080i) ?

you just wait for about 6 months before it decideds to fuck up on you like mine did, fine one minute showing no sign of any problems, next minute it crashes and wouldn't even start up, now it just crashes all the time.

Coincidentally, I bought a 360 today as well. Only using it on a normal SDTV though. The games still look good though.

However, all of the five (brand new) games I bought would crash out after a bit of time saying that the disk was unreadable. So I have to take it back tomorrow and get a new one. What fun.

Just download the demos and decide for yourself, they're all up there. Well, PDZ is poor though. I found that my 360 appreciation grew slowly, the more i used the fully integrated dashboard system, messaging, music player during games...the more i found their abscense affected my "previous gen" gaming.

As people probably know, I've had mine for less than a fortnight. I have loads of mates here in Japan, but I don't have any friends that are gamers, so Live is really handy for me. I've had a great time so far playing the likes of Lost Planet and DOA4 online, both with randoms and forumites. Chrome Hounds and RR6 have been a bit hit and miss though. RR6 is at least a good game, but I'm not so certain about Chrome Hounds - I couldn't seem to find an English speaking squad that operates in my timezone.

Perfect dark is really bad in single player but is fantastic in multi-player, even with the bots its a good laugh and I spend most of my time doing that (when no one is online to play with). Also try Tomb Raider Legend, I have never been a fan of the Tomb Raider games but this one I am really enjoying. Gears of Wars is great in short bursts but I get bored of the single player after a while (if anyone wants to go through on CO-OP with me PM me and we can arrange a time to meet, my gamertag is in the sig). DoA 4 I would not recommend as I am having huge amounts of difficulty extracting any enjoyment from the game as the difficulty levels are verging on the ridiculous, even in multiplayer I am not getting on very well due to huge amounts of lag and people just repeatedly pressing the counter button.

Just bought Dead Rising today and although its fun its not as good as what I was expecting, its certainly no resi evil.

It doesn't get better than component (arguable) - so long as you have a compatible display. Otherwise you want VGA for a monitor or RGB Scart for a normal telly.

Cheers so leave as is then.

Any other accessories to get tomorrow? I just got the charge while u play kit.

Been playing more gears...very samey :unsure: not that impressed.