PS3 £120 more expensive in the UK...

alex

We are richer in this country, it's only fair!

Not really, unless its changed recently Japan is the 2nd richest country in the world. Its also the most expensive country in the world in most charts (though not the most recent one). Britain sucks, I'm afraid.

-Jools

Game consoles don't "do" games at certain frame rates, and completely disregard other matters such as amount of geometry. That's a far too simplistic way of looking at things. Maybe i'm guilty of playground chatter, i really didn't intend it to be the case. To re-iterate my point, i believe the Dreamcast would have gone on to a higher plane of technically advanced games if it wasn't for Sega's failure. Conversely, the PS2 would never have achieved such monumentally advanced graphics as God of War or SOTC if there was no money in the market.

Not really, unless its changed recently Japan is the 2nd richest country in the world. Its also the most expensive country in the world in most charts (though not the most recent one). Britain sucks, I'm afraid.

-Jools

Japan's economy has been pretty boned for nearly a decade with slow growth, interest rates at 0% for long periods, and high unemployment. Britain by contrast is pretty sweet.

A harsh reality that we gamers have to deal with in situations like this.... :P

No no, I was being sarcastic :-P

The pound has been a model of stability compared to the dollar in the last few years.

They simply care more about Americans buying PS3s than they do Europeans, it's straightforward.

And they care about Japanese people buying the PS3 even more than they do the Americans.

EDIT: sarcasm clash!

No no, I was being sarcastic :-P

The pound has been a model of stability compared to the dollar in the last few years.

They simply care more about Americans buying PS3s than they do Europeans, it's straightforward.

:P Don't take me too seriously this early in the morning...it's all good

Europe is the back end of the market...and it always has been.... :D

If, for example, we take the worst Pound-Dollar exchange rate in the last 22 years; and completely ignore that in all but two* years in the last century the Pound has been worth over $1.50...

* I'm slightly out here, there's been the occasional dip underneath, but the point remains valid.

Basically the title of this thread still applies.

I don't want to see the PS3 fail, as I think it'll be bad for the industry as a whole. But it'll be nice to see Sony get a kick up the butt. I hope it sells poorly at launch, and that consumers for once vote with their wallets rather than with their fingers on a forum.