PS3 £120 more expensive in the UK...

alex

All the poeple moaning prob do paper rounds and dont actually have a nice high earning job.

Stop whinging, thats the price, if you dont like it/cant afford it then fuck off.

Im sick of people keep on and fucking on ...sony this sony that winge fucking winge.

Same poeple thats doing it as well and no doubt there are the fuckers that in a years time when the ps3 has a few AAA games they will be back on here licking its arse.

Makes me sick.

Not true. Some of us don't feel like spending the best part of £500 on a console with crap games. Like I said before, between a PS3 and a new guitar, I'm not choosing a PS3. I have no need for one right now, and it's overpriced.

All the poeple moaning prob do paper rounds and dont actually have a nice high earning job.

Stop whinging, thats the price, if you dont like it/cant afford it then fuck off.

Im sick of people keep on and fucking on ...sony this sony that winge fucking winge.

Same poeple thats doing it as well and no doubt there are the fuckers that in a years time when the ps3 has a few AAA games they will be back on here licking its arse.

Makes me sick.

If you're gong to be sick, fuck off into the toilet and shut the door will you?

By the way, when there is some AAA games (whatever they are) on the PS3 that aren't on any other system, come back and tell us ok? Until then, why don't you put your name down on that pre-order list so Sony can look forward to fleecing you.

It's expensive but it's nowhere near that. My mate who's an AV buff has speaker cabling that costs 3 times the price of a PS3. Speaker Cabling!!!! Lets face it to buy a top of the range upscaling DVD player would cost you 2-3 times the PS3 price.

Your mate is a moron.

Makes me sick.

Yeah, fucking dickheads, voicing their opinions. It makes me fucking sick. Where the fuck do they think they are, some kind of room or forum for discussing games or something? Like a place like that even exists? The fucking cunts. <_<

Yeah, fucking dickheads, voicing their opinions. It makes me fucking sick. Where the fuck do they think they are, some kind of room or forum for discussing games or something? Like a place like that even exists? The fucking cunts. <_<

I hear such a thing did exist but the US military hid it in Area 51 and put out rumours of a UFO to cover it up.

Makes me sick.

This reads like a Derek and Clive sketch, brilliant! <_<

Yesterday I e-mailed the BBC consumer section to whinge about the PS3 price although I've never had a whine to any of these consumer programs in the past. Anyway I had the standard automatic response and now I've had another one advising me that they are looking into the story and if they find it's true they will contact me.

Ulp.

Yesterday I e-mailed the BBC consumer section to whinge about the PS3 price although I've never had a whine to any of these consumer programs in the past. Anyway I had the standard automatic response and now I've had another one advising me that they are looking into the story and if they find it's true they will contact me.

Ulp.

Just to clarify, what are you expecting the outcome of their research to be?

I agree that it's expensive but to suggest that it's a rip off is madness. Sony make a loss on the machines. From what I've read, it's the only console that will do Crysis properly and a PC to do that would be incredibly expensive.

There's Motorstorm and VF5 as amazing launch titles. That's 2 more amazing launch titles than 360 had.

I agree that it's expensive but to suggest that it's a rip off is madness. Sony make a loss on the machines. From what I've read, it's the only console that will do Crysis properly and a PC to do that would be incredibly expensive.

There's Motorstorm and VF5 as amazing launch titles. That's 2 more amazing launch titles than 360 had.

PGR3 + Condemned.

Bye now.

From what I've read, it's the only console that will do Crysis properly

You read wrong then. :D

The 360 has a better chance of doing Crysis, but neither of them will be able to come close to the PC DX10 version (as expensive as it will be to play).

Quick question to all those moaning about PS3. You think its shit yeah? Its doomed to fail and has no games worth playing that you cant already play on your 360 and the pad doesn't even rumble. That seems to be the general opinion anyway.

So, my question is why the hell are you stressing about how much it costs? Surely even if it was £200 you wouldn't buy one as its such a big piece of crap. So why all the pissing and moaning about it costing £425? It's been common knowledge its going to cost about that for at least 12 months. I just don't get how people can get so worked up about it. Unless of course that they really wanted one but can't afford it...

Quick question to all those moaning about PS3. You think its shit yeah? Its doomed to fail and has no games worth playing that you cant already play on your 360 and the pad doesn't even rumble. That seems to be the general opinion anyway.

So, my question is why the hell are you stressing about how much it costs? Surely even if it was £200 you wouldn't buy one as its such a big piece of crap. So why all the pissing and moaning about it costing £425? It's been common knowledge its going to cost about that for at least 12 months. I just don't get how people can get so worked up about it. Unless of course that they really wanted one but can't afford it...

Of course I want one, eventually. The price is the only thing stopping me get one at the moment. I buy most consoles at launch so this is a big deal for me. Luckily, apart from Motorstorm, the launch line up does not impress me or can be played on another system so I'm not going to be missing much. I am desperate to play Heavenly Sword though so I hope the price drops quickly.

Just to clarify, what are you expecting the outcome of their research to be?

Nothing especially. I do expect them to run a piece where they'll whinge about the price differential, do I expect this to change anything? No.

You read wrong then. :D

The 360 has a better chance of doing Crysis, but neither of them will be able to come close to the PC DX10 version (as expensive as it will be to play).

Ugh, the thought of using the shitty sixaxis for this is enough for my skin to crawl off my body and down a heating vent.

Nothing especially. I do expect them to run a piece where they'll whinge about the price differential, do I expect this to change anything? No.

Why would they whinge?

It's not like Sony are in league with Nike having their machines built in a sweatshop in asia for £2. You're getting a serious piece of kit for your cash.

Or possibly a combination of all of the above.

Plus the whole you cant afford it so you moan routine is a bit weak don't you think? I could buy one right now from Ebay or similar and not bat an eyelid, but it has nothing to offer me at the moment that a 360 cant give me (aside from Blu-Ray).

£425 for what is basically a 360 with BD and less available software, is all the PS3 has to offer at the moment.

Thats fine. As far as I know though you haven't started a thread pissing and moaning about it. I've no problem with somebody not wanting to buy one. Just dont shout and moan about it from the rooftops. I dont want to buy a 360, but I'm not going to say its shit.

Why would they whinge?

It's not like Sony are in league with Nike having their machines built in a sweatshop in asia for £2. You're getting a serious piece of kit for your cash.

I e-mailed them on a whim as everyone was bemoaning the extra cash we have to pay for the PS3. I never really expected to hear back from the program so that was a bit of a shock. I'm not getting one at the minute anyway so as Jonny5 said I'm not really stressing about it. I was just at a loose end yesterday morning and a bit bored so I went to the BBC site and sent them an email.

Having said that since the 20 gig PS3 is available in Japan for a lot less than £200 I would like to know why Sony don't want to launch that one over here. At that price I could fit one into my budget.

Yes it is a good machine and I would like one. Do I care that Sony are losing money, no that's their problem however I do mind that I would have to pay out twice the price of consumers in another industrialised wealthy nation. All these arguments about the UK being wealthy so we can afford to pay more mean nothing when we're comparing our price to the Japanese price and the USA price.

£425 for what is basically a 360 with BD and less available software, is all the PS3 has to offer at the moment.

No, the PS3 has different games available. It has Motorstorm, VF5 (for now), DMC4, Lair in a month, GT HD etc etc. Suggesting that it has nothing to offer is a pretty strange thing to say.

Don't get me wrong, there's clearly more software on 360 but that's with just a years headstart. It's obvious it will catch up.

Having said that since the 20 gig PS3 is available in Japan for a lot less than £200 I would like to know why Sony don't want to launch that one over here. At that price I could fit one into my budget.

Because it would cost them a fortune.

Because it would cost them a fortune.

How are they doing it in Japan then?

I thought the idea of the Sony business model was to get a huge number of machines out there and make the money back on the software licensing and sales. So far it's not going well for them so maybe they should go for a lower price anyway.

How are they doing it in Japan then?

I thought the idea of the Sony business model was to get a huge number of machines out there and make the money back on the software licensing and sales. So far it's not going well for them so maybe they should go for a lower price anyway.

I'm sure it's costing them a fair old whack over in Japan, too.

But you're not figuring in Distribution costs (PS3s are made closer to point of sale, all those ships and planes don't come for free) and tax.

The sony business model still stands but that's in comparison to attachment rates (eg: how many games, pheriperals etc that get sold per machine) and if you sell it too cheap, you don't make any or enough profit on the attachment.

I'm sure percieved value comes into effect too, but that's opinion really.