Universal politics and territorial conflicts

Do you guys keep up with the Eve-O folder of "Corporation, Alliance and Organization Discussions"? It's a total soap opera of smacktalk that halves posters' IQs, so I'm guessing you avoid it like the plague. Perhaps no one here is interested in Eve politics, but I love reading this type of shit and I think it's one of the aspects that make Eve an unique MMO.

I'd be delighted if anyone wants to discuss in-game current affiars with a newbie like myself. I think talking about it on Rllmuk will mean less bias and propaganda than anywhere else online. This is just my little experimental thread and we might as well make use of this Eve folder.

So as far as I've gathered:

ISS (and LV??) is going down, due to being gangbanged by pretty much everyone... RedSwarm/RAGOON, D2, IAC and even my little alliance got into the act because we're Goon friendly :-/ Looked like IAC were the ones in trouble around December, until their new neighbours Against All Authorities lent a big hand.

Maelstrom Alliance overtaken by Tau Ceti, Smash, Roadkill in the South East. Ka-Tet is a newish alliance that have settled into the new Eastern Kali drone regions.

RISE have moved out of Outer Ring to ex-ASCN Feythabolis space to be BoB residents. BoB possibly moving to Fountain next to kick out coalition resistance (Celestial Apocalypse, Euphoria Released and mostly recently H0rde) because rumour has it Xelas & FIX aren't doing so well? Hard to tell which side is winning through the propaganda.

Related to my alliance: our mortal enemies Anarchy Empire [RIOT] (much <3) have been war declared by Privateers. We'll probably see RIOT in Lower Syndicate less whilst they kick ass in Empire.

Curse Alliance has just reformed! Ars Caelestis joined.

The North is all NAPed, although Outbreak [TOXIN] are doing a very effective job of disrupting the peace despite Morsus Mihi triple-bubble camps. Burn Eden spanked Freelancers Alliances recently. Triumvirate alliance war declared D2, but don't know much about that.

It's going to be a shame seeing ISS go, the cluster was a better place for them. It almost seems like a step backwards, losing all those neutral 0.0 outposts. They had an emergency shareholders meeting the other day where they basically said everything was going to be fine, they were going to sell off fleet assets (namely a mothership) to cover the dividends. I think they'll survive, but they're going to be massively reduced in size and economic strength. I would have liked to have seen BoB come to their aid, but I guess it's unrealistic with all the enemies they have waiting in the wings.

Privateers aren't really a major force, they're so disorganised and rag-tag (by design I guess). They dec loads of people and usually end up losing.

I've been ganked multiple times by Outbreak and Triumvirate in Pure Blind, they're a real menace. Our corp is mostly based in PB at the moment, I suspect it might be getting rather hot round there soon though - war is looming on the horizon between D2 and BoB.

I hope ISS pulls through somehow in one form or another... shame that the industrial and financial organisations just can't go against miltiary might in Eve.

Ooh Plums, I didn't know you're in PB. Is your corp napped with the major alliances?

I heard BoB napped with LV as soon as they took down ASCN because they know trouble is coming their way. BoB+pets Vs Everyone Else would be utterly epic :( I'm not sure why, but I'd rather fight on the BoB side than for the opposing coalition that my alliance is with. If they do fight, will it be in the North or South, i.e. who will be taking the battle to whom? If D2 goes down South, will the other Northern alliances go down with them...

Ooh Plums, I didn't know you're in PB. Is your corp napped with the major alliances?

Our main allies are MOA, but we also have naps with several others including IRON. Still no nap with D2, which is proving problematic, but I'm sure we'll get it eventually. I'm hoping things don't get too hostile up there until our standings have been sorted out or we're just going to be targets for everyone.

Mercenary Coalition war decced IRON, MM, RAZOR and D2 two days ago. FIX war decced IRON earlier this month. BoB speculation at a fever pitch :D

-V- alliance has ended, some players have gone over to the enemy (CA+IAC+RAAAAGOON+TCF+SoD+D2?), most corps have gone over to Cult of War to continue fighting in Curse.

My alliance's Syndicate news: With our main PvP corp gone, we're in danger of being invaded by Maelstrom ]v[, who have been kicked out of Curse by our TCF "friends". Maelstrom brought a fifty man gang into JQV to anchor a POS yesterday, yet by pure coincidence, another big gang from YouWhat were visiting at the same time. They decimated each other and left us trembling OSS carebears alone... for now.

• 2 weeks later...

BoB paranoia is steadily climbing in 5ZXX-K. We've seen some huge BoB fleets patrolling the EC-P8R area, culminating in a BoB titan sighted in EC-P8R at the weekend.

We've firmly made our bed on the side of the Northern coalition (D2 et al), but I think if it really kicks off we'll just leg it back to empire. At the moment we're keeping the 5Z area clear of Agony Unleashed forces (supposedly aligned with BoB) and other BoBite corps who stick their heads in. We're now officially part of the "big blue", being napped with MOA, D2, IRON, Triumvirate, and many others.

Incidentally, we've had a couple of cracking mission ganks in the last few days (against the same guy, T2 fitted ravens in both cases). Seemingly finding people at mission locations isn't quite as hard as it's made out to be.

lol big blue, fly a gang of 5 t1 frigates into a bb system with 90 people and see how they panic in local and dock.

WE WEREN'T PREPARED!!!!

Wasn't there an alliance actually called "big blue" who was famed for this type of stuff? When I said big blue I just meant a lot of alliances with naps to each other.

*creepy kid's voice* come... play wiith uuusssss

Just don't get sucked in with the weird roleplayers :o

BoB paranoia is steadily climbing in 5ZXX-K. We've seen some huge BoB fleets patrolling the EC-P8R area, culminating in a BoB titan sighted in EC-P8R at the weekend.

We've firmly made our bed on the side of the Northern coalition (D2 et al), but I think if it really kicks off we'll just leg it back to empire. At the moment we're keeping the 5Z area clear of Agony Unleashed forces (supposedly aligned with BoB) and other BoBite corps who stick their heads in. We're now officially part of the "big blue", being napped with MOA, D2, IRON, Triumvirate, and many others.

Oh yeah, I saw pictures of the sexy Nynx in Could Ring. What did they do with it there? Any idea where/if they were moving it? There's also been allegations of GMs who are in BoB that have tampered with the BPO lottery, but I'll believe it when I see official results of CCP investigation.

Woah woah, STOP PRESS! Sir Molle announcement: http://myeve.eve-online.com/ingameboard.as...threadID=473050

More to come :o

So, most of the big alliances have joined one of the sides. The largest war in eve history is currently taking place.

Flashpoint Detorid.

BoB:

BoB

EXE

FIX

ISS

LV

MC

RISE

Xelas

The.. er... other side (there's a name people are calling them, but I don't really want to say it):

-A-

CA

CLS

D2

Goonswarm

IAC

IRON

KOS

MM

RA

Razor

Pandemic Legion

Prime Orbital Systems

SMASH Alliance

TCF

TNT

Triumvirate

EDIT: updated and alphabetised.

• 4 weeks later...

If you've been following the news i'm sure you'd have heard of the rogue Minmatar General Karishal Muritor who was leading an offensive against Amarr. The Minmatar high command disagreed with his waging an agressive war against Amarr believing it would jeopardize the fragile peace: They had him executed in a fleet battle.

The Ushra'Khan capsuleer alliance named an outpost in the System of QR-K85 'Karishal's Defiance' and had his corpse interred there.

In a move counterpointing the politics CVA and Allies (including PIE - my corp) followed up a successful defence of a friendly NOS system (QBL) with a frontal attack on QR-K85. With the Minmatar capsuleer community fractured by the Muritor controversy (Electus Matari and Namatzar K'in siding with President Midular and the Matari government and U'K opposing it's actions in executing Muritor)

Battle Report

As of now i am docked in the latest CVA sovereign system QR-K85, at the station 'Karishal's Folly'. It was a jolly good fight and i'm proud to be part of such a superb group of people.

• 2 months later...

Aye, i lost a few ships in that conflict and more recently my first 'poc to the lag in the battle defence of x-r3nm, i'm not too active now as i'm trying to get my portfolio up and running to get work.