Name some Heavy Metal / Screamo(sp) type songs

Kamatari

Excellent call, sir.

seconded. city is in-bloody-sane.

Chaos AD! Yes. Arise was also a masterpiece.

And every other Roadrunner band back in the day. Machine Head - Burn My Eyes, Fear Factory -Demanufacture, etc.

machine head... what happened there eh? such a good first album... they turned to shit straight after it. pity.

demanufacture is essential listening, also try fear is the mindkiller if your feeling particularly psycotic. & for a come down* try remanufacture

* may not be the best chill out album in the world. best remix album though, by a long way.

guys, screamo is an actual sub genre of emo. You're all naming some good heavymetal albums but none of themare of that genre. Ministry is 'industrial' and Opeth are Doom/death (although Opeth are actually a bit of everything to be honest)

Screamo is much more spastic and trebley than traditional heavy metal, with crazy time changes and stuff. its quite different from the 'riff' stuff listed here.

The saddest day by converge is probably the best example of screamo if you wanna check it out.

guys, screamo is an actual sub genre of emo. You're all naming some good heavymetal albums but none of themare of that genre. Ministry is 'industrial' and Opeth are Doom/death (although Opeth are actually a bit of everything to be honest)

Screamo is much more spastic and trebley than traditional heavy metal, with crazy time changes and stuff. its quite different from the 'riff' stuff listed here.

The saddest day by converge is probably the best example of screamo if you wanna check it out.

But the thread is about Heavy Metal and Screamo. :wacko:

the Panda has a point, so i stand by my Avenged Sevenfold track :P

this has chord changes too so is it screamo, Kerraig name some bands in that genre bud, coz i don't know what the hell is what nowadays :wacko:

just checked out convege...yukky! i could not listen to that crap, i like something a bit lighter and with vocals not shouting, guess screamo ain't my bag...my ears are happy about that :(

Screamo is a new on on me and as you point out he does mention Heavy Metal, I thought I would include Ministry as they're an excellent band (IMO) and worth of a mention.

i loved Ministry the moment i heard Jesus built my hotrod, although that geezer from butthole surfers sang on that belter.

I can't go to a rock/metal night without having to listen to emo and screamo music :wacko:

i hate this emo culture, its fucking ruining my nights out

the last time i went out, the dance floor was full of emo kids jumping around to bullet for my valentine, then a good old solid metallica song comes up and the floor is a 3rd full :P

I've not been to a Rock Club in ages, going tomorrow night and I hope to got it's not like that.

The last time I went (perhaps two years ago), we were able to request Pantara, Ministry etc so I hope not much has changed.

we go to a rock night, my friends know the DJ even, they request songs, the DJ says "no probs" (with a smile on her face), "more likely it'll be on later though". so you go away thinking yes, in a bit we'll hear something good. 2am comes around and shes played no requests, and an entire set of emo :lol:

I've not been to a Rock Club in ages, going tomorrow night and I hope to got it's not like that.

The last time I went (perhaps two years ago), we were able to request Pantara, Ministry etc so I hope not much has changed.

As much as I like the classics i've been to far too many rock nights which play no new music, there's only so many times I can dance to 'killing in the name of'. It' like indie that still play the smiths every night.

Rock clubs ain't what they used to be. Corporation ion Sheffield is particularly wank nowadays, just because teh fucking dj's are so inconsistant. They have to pander to whats popular at teh minute, although last year we had an awesome night because one of teh regalr dj's that was there when I was 20-ish had teh decks all night. A constant barrage of Megadeth, Metallica, Maiden, Anthrax, Ozzy, Faith No More and all the good stuff besides ensued and much jumping like a loon was abound. Great stuff.

A constant barrage of Megadeth, Metallica, Maiden, Anthrax, Ozzy, Faith No More and all the good stuff besides ensued and much jumping like a loon was abound. Great stuff.

That's just stupid as well though, isn't it? I would've thought that there'd be plenty of people there who would've been unfamiliar with all of that stuff, no?

Well, in all technicality it was the "cock rock" room. There were many of the old guard there. The Corporation is (well was) used to split into 3; Cock Rock rroom, new/alternative room, misc (I'm not entirely sure what it was in there). Somewhere along the lines they changed all that and Cock Rock became "a bit of classic rock but more contemporary punk and emo shit" and new/alternative became the (much better) New heavy stuff room (mastodon etc etc). I suppose the point is it just ain't what it used to be. Or what I want it to be at least :)

I used to be out all the time, then it started to bore me and I didn't go for a long while - On my return a number of years later I felt ever so old compared to what seemed like kids everywhere who seemed to give you an evil eye, not so good music (for me and mates at least) with people just sitting around.

I think I will just get twatted tomorrow at a pound a can;

http://www.bogiez.com/

I'd just like to formally apologise for not reading the thread title properly. I thought he was after just screamo stuff.

And Emo is great. Emocore especially is awesome, and as valid a contribution to the metal genre as thrash, death or glam. I hate the way its so cool to slag off the hot new thing. the only genre metal really would have been better off without is Nu-Metal. that added about a dozen great songs to the metal pantheon. Woop de fucking do.

Emo bands are on the whole usually amazing musicians. Whether you like the sound they make or not.

A great screamo record is God forbid - reject the sickness (a great little anti nu-metal album title). Just listen to the guitar work on that album, its absolutely fucking incredible.

we went out to a "rock" night last night, 3 rooms, one metal, one indy, one 80s B)

so we go into the metal room, and to our surprise there was actual metal playing. They even played "seek and destroy", fantastic, but five minutes later the emo took over for the entirety of the night, so we went to the 80s room and danced the night away ;)

I think the reason some people hate this emo movement, is that its taken over rock clubs. it dominates every once cool rock/metal night I go to in the area

the last time i went out, the dance floor was full of emo kids jumping around to bullet for my valentine, then a good old solid metallica song comes up and the floor is a 3rd full ;)

That's because (IMHO, and here comes the flaming) Bullet > Metallica. I know metallica wrote the book on metal, but none of their stuff grabs me at all, I'm far more into new stuff like metalcore, death metal, new thrash, etc. Same with Maiden, and other old school type bands. It just doesn't grab me at all.

If anyone would like to recommend some of metallica's best to change my mind, please do, but don't flame me for my tastes. I recognise that people see it as good, but it's just not my thing.

P.S. I'm not emo.

More screamo: As I Lay Dying, Avenged Sevenfold, Trivium, the Gallows, Endwell. Heavier stuff: In flames, Arch Enemy, Lamb of God.

That's because (IMHO, and here comes the flaming) Bullet > Metallica. I know metallica wrote the book on metal, but none of their stuff grabs me at all, I'm far more into new stuff like metalcore, death metal, new thrash, etc. Same with Maiden, and other old school type bands. It just doesn't grab me at all.

If anyone would like to recommend some of metallica's best to change my mind, please do, but don't flame me for my tastes. I recognise that people see it as good, but it's just not my thing.

P.S. I'm not emo.

no i wouldn't flame you, but i just feel that the emo "phase" atm is taking over. I'm not the biggest metallica fan (their last good album came out in 1991 imo ;) ), but rock/metal has soo many genres, and just playing emo all night is'nt fair

emo to me feels like pop music, its being forced on us. you can't get away from hearing pop music, adverts for the latest pop act and on the radio etc. and its the same with emo music now every time me and friends go out to rock nights. They've been taken over. thats why i hate emo so much, its dominating the rock/metal world, its like the nu metal stuff that went OTT a few years ago with limp biz and linkin park

I think the reason some people hate this emo movement, is that its taken over rock clubs. it dominates every once cool rock/metal night I go to in the area

Just like when Metallica/Pantera/Slayer first came out and all the people who went to clubs then slagged it off cos they wanted to hear Motley Crue, Vixen, Twisted Sister, Judas Priest, Armored Saint and Iron Maiden you mean?

Seriously dude, its all cyclical.

P.S. I'm not emo.

More screamo: As I Lay Dying, Avenged Sevenfold, Trivium, the Gallows, Endwell. Heavier stuff: In flames, Arch Enemy, Lamb of God.

Bot gonna flame you dude. Bullet really cannot hold a flame creatively to Metallica, but I can see why that would be hard to spot unless you knew your history. basically, Metallica brought the beauty and the majesty to metal. it simply did not exist before them. it was either hairy and effeminate or it was brutal and pummelling.

Listen to:

One, Fade to Black, Sanitarium, Battery, Master of Puppets, Damage inc, Blackened. They were so far ahead of everyone else (except Maiden) that it really is stunning. the technicality, musicality and mastery of what makes great metal truly great was pretty much defined by Metallice.

Argh, my bloody head and neck hurts so bad this morning.

Darran from Funeral for a Friend came to the club with us who I've not seen for a long while (though we didn't see him much once we got there as two girls seemed to be straight on him), £1 a can so three of us bought close to 40 cans which was ace (probably explains why my head is hurting so much).

Songs from the 80s by Sepultura, Metallica etc being thrown out every 20 minutes or so which made the night most enjoyable :(

Some old midget bouncer woman tried to kick us out for pouring booze over each other, three words of something like "I do apologise" and then turning away seemed to sort that out though.

So it's still possible to have a good night out and not be bombarded by crappy music, or should I say music that's not to my taste.

Screamo??? jesus metal's getting far to fragmented these days, it's getting to the stage that every 5 bands have their own genre.

Yep.

I pledge to lamp the next person that uses some toss word like Screamo in front of me in public.

Christ....