rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
mindgames

Hiite Utaeru DS Guitar M-06

Seems like nobody has seen this yet, I'm sure some of you will be interested. It's a Guitar simulator for the DS. Accoustic sounds and only plays chords though.

http://www.dsguitar.jp

Basically assign your chosen chords to the dpad, then press a direction whilst strumming on the screen. Pressing a shoulder button changes to another set of chords on the dpad. It has 'sing/play-along' modes, some sort of guitar tuner, an ear testing chord recognition mode and some other stuff. Sadly no Guitar Hero style gameplay from the looks of it, seems this is more 'app' than 'game'.

Someone playing Guns N' Roses' Don't Cry on Youtube

Someone playing through a virtual PC amp with distortion

play-asia page

Looks like quite a laugh, I've got a copy on order. Anyone tried it?

I think this looks interesting, some friends and I are think of starting some weird-ass electronic band using gaming perihperals to perform. Seeing how this program works doesn't so much make me want to buy it, but gives me some ideas for some software... :)

Jeez, so negative. I reckon this wil be pretty handy for working out tunes on the bus or at work when a real guitar isn't quite so practical.

Yeah, I've got this and it's a pleasant little diversion. Like you say, it's ideal for figuring out the chords to your favourite songs on the move. It's an interesting novelty which is limited in scope and appeal, but it works well and does what's expected of it. It's better than half the shovelware that comes out here on DS, that's for sure.

Got this yesterday. Pretty chuffed with it so far, played a pretty decent version of Wonderwall on it last night :P. Great fun through an amp as well, I was messing around with it on Amplitube 2, sounded awesome!

The game also supports reverb and power chords as I discovered when messing in the options. Also has 10 slots for saving your own sets of chords, 16 per set which can be played at any one time.

Highly recommended to guitarists and also wannabe guitarists who are too lazy to learn :P.

Got hold of this recently, are there any song sheets out there that are made specfically for the title?

What do you mean? For playing songs? Any guitar book, for the songs you want, will have the chords you need to play.

What do you mean? For playing songs? Any guitar book, for the songs you want, will have the chords you need to play.

Sound, ta. Thought maybe there would have been a few DS specific ones out and about.....complete novice, but this was given to me as a freebie so wanted to give it a go......

Must say, it is rather relaxing just strumming away randomly :blink: