IGNORED

Guitar Hero II

Tempy

But sure, if you're talking about Doom or something where the change in dfficulty does nowt more than up the damage baddes can take and reduce the damage you can take, then you're 100% right.

Well, that's a bad example because Doom had totally different layouts on the harder modes.

Ok with the whammy bar do you have to jiggle it, because if i just push it down like hold it down it does nothing, but when i push wiggle it it works. That is right?

You've got one of the dodgy batch. Mine was like that too so I took the back off and adjusted the mechanism behind it. Use the guide HERE. It's a piece of piss, takes five minutes. Works perfectly after that.

Was a GH virgin up until yesterday. Me and the missus must have put in at least 10 hours so far. It's ridiculously addictive. Still replaying the first batch of songs on Easy but I can feel myself improving gradually. May try some on Medium later.

GH noob here and loving it. It's like playing Oy Como Va on the bongos but even better. Cack handed spazzy finger difficulty all the way. Never played a guitar in my life but now I can get the crowd clapping along to me and murder a classic all in the one go. When I get it right I can feel the power of ROCK GODS injecting into my veins. As for the song selection. despite most tracks being unheard of to me they are still awesome to play. The Reverand Horton Heat and Stray Cats tunes are probably my favourites at the mo.

Oh and I got drunk and put my stickers on upside down, and unlocked the "A long way to go " fail a song on easy achievement.

Youve just convinced me I can ignore this game longer and I know most of the songs on there.

I'm not directing this at you Steve, as I can kind of see your point.

However there seems to be a growing culture of macho "play on the hardest setting, coz I'm sooo l33t" bullshit these days...

I play games to have fun, why torture & frustrate you self on the hardest setting?? I saw a lot of this with Gears of War too. this whole mindset just baffles me.

I'm having a blast on easy - so what; when my skills improve I'll move on to normal, then hard etc.

My game playing time is limited so I want to maximise my enjoyment in that time, not prove something.

Sorry but I needed to get that off my chest!

Extra achievement points, innit?

Also very surprised at the amount of people that seem to be playing GH for the first time on the 360. Its great its finding a wider audience, but come on guys, its been getting major plaudits on this forum for yonks! Every man and hos dog own a PS2, no excuse!

Is the re-jigged playlist a little fairer, then? It was a bit confusing on the PS2, having that Wolfmother track in the first set. And have songs had some of the button-presses changed?

I've played through on hard and not noticed any changes.

Every man and hos dog own a PS2, no excuse!

I don't...but GH and it's sequel have frequently tempted me into getting a cheap secondhand PS2 in recent months. Of course, now that it's 360-bound I don't have to...

Just nailed Free Bird, it was emotional.

The game needs some more recognisable tracks, some Muse, Radiohead, Metallica or White Stripes would fit right at home here.

Ball and Biscuit, Comfortably numb (pulse version), Knights of Cydonia, Master of puppets, Lucky, All made for this game, yea they'd have to dish out a fair bit for rights to it, but oh well they're prob making a fair bit from this.

I think ive got a dodgy guitar too, I can only whammy the star notes.

Not really, you still get DLC and online shenanigans, so people are still buying this who already have the PS2 incarnations. Im just surprised at that amount of people who are playing for the first time.

I've always been unsure about getting it. I'm not big on rhythm action games. But I was very tempted. However, I then realised I'd be getting a PS3 and that this almost certainly wouldn't work with it (and it turned out to be the case). And I wouldn't be keeping my PS2. So that ruled it out. I wasn't going to pay that much for something that wasn't going to be useful for very long.

Now I'm being tempted by the 360 version.

I've always been unsure about getting it. I'm not big on rhythm action games. But I was very tempted. However, I then realised I'd be getting a PS3 and that this almost certainly wouldn't work with it (and it turned out to be the case). And I wouldn't be keeping my PS2. So that ruled it out. I wasn't going to pay that much for something that wasn't going to be useful for very long.

Now I'm being tempted by the 360 version.

Its not only a rhythm action game, its a role playing game! For anyone who has ever harbored rockstar/guitarist fantasies its a must.

Just nailed Free Bird, it was emotional.

The game needs some more recognisable tracks, some Muse, Radiohead, Metallica or White Stripes would fit right at home here.

:lol:

There's nowt much more recognisable than Free Bird, doobie.

EDIT: I see what you mean. But it's mostly fine tracklist by many standards save for, um, Girlfriend. What a fanny song.

5 stared, Woman, cant 100% it though the Solo A section is a bit too tricky.

This probably isnt as much of a waste of time as I first thought, its really improving my co-ordination and I can feel the muscles developing in my hands. :lol: . So I guess itll help me when it comes to real guitar too.

I love Guitar Hero. I've actually bought 4 copies of it, the first, the second twice (I bought it as a Christmas gift for a couple of my friends. Needless to say they love me now) and now the 360 version. I almost didn't as I was being a stuck up little shit and saying that since I have been playing guitar for over 10 years that a game with a shit, fake guitar couldn't possibly be as good as the real thing. Well, I'd missed the point completly.

So, this 360 version: I bought it more for the fact that you can download the old tracks as I get on much better with the new system than the old. The proposed sound pack for Monday is something I will 100% be buying. Scoreboards was something else I bought it for because it will give me an incentive to nail some songs after getting 5 stars. It was mostly the case in the PS2 versions that I would 5 star a song and would then stop playing it (Unless I really liked it and would play it for fun). The only negative I would say is that I think the scoreboards are far too simple. I really wanted to see people's percentages on a song and such yet the numbers are vague for me, and I'd like the scoreboards actually incorporated into the career mode rather than a seperate menu. I want to see where I place right after I finish the song. Also, the reason I wanted percentages and such is that since Guitar Hero 2 I only play on Expert. That's not because I'm showing off, it's because I'm really used to playing all the notes in a song so I get really confused when the track requires a lot of strumming yet I'm not strumming much. For example, I actually get worse scored on some songs if I play on Medium or even Easy as I get carried away and strum when I'm not supposed to. The downside of this is that I've never completed Guitar Hero 2 :ph34r:. I've been stuck on Freebird since the day Guitar Hero 2 came out on the PS2. Same goes for Jordan. So, I'd like to see how far other people have gotten in comparison. I'd also like to see whether the high score actually achieved a 100% or not.

Anyway, I've gone off track. Should you buy this if you have GH2 on the PS2? If you play it a lot then yes, definitely. If you're not that bothered about playing the old songs again and none of your friends really play it then £70 for a game you already own is a bit steep.

I've been stuck on Freebird since the day Guitar Hero 2 came out on the PS2. Same goes for Jordan. So, I'd like to see how far other people have gotten in comparison. I'd also like to see whether the high score actually achieved a 100% or not.

jordaned.jpg

Der-ner-ner-ner-hey! That was pretty hard. I've managed to get 4 stars on it now! Awesome sweet. Other than that one, Six is the hardest thing there. Just stupid hard, really.

jordaned.jpg

Der-ner-ner-ner-hey! That was pretty hard. I've managed to get 4 stars on it now! Awesome sweet. Other than that one, Six is the hardest thing there. Just stupid hard, really.

A mix of :lol::ph34r: and :)

I can only get to 56% (or was it 55%... I think it's 56%). And I'm bloody stuck on Freebird at 84%. I bet you did Freebird didn't you? You bastard... ;)

I really shouldn't have started on Expert. There's no way I'm doing all the songs again on a different difficulty though.

A mix of :lol::ph34r: and :)

I can only get to 56% (or was it 55%... I think it's 56%). And I'm bloody stuck on Freebird at 84%. I bet you did Freebird didn't you? You bastard... ;)

I really shouldn't have started on Expert. There's no way I'm doing all the songs again on a different difficulty though.

Yeah. 5 stars on Freebird expert. :(

Barely dents the scorehero boards, though. Rank 1,200-odd!