Burnout Paradise

rubberducker

I can't be arsed by DLC yet as I've not long started to play this :( Not sure there's an overall point to it but it is nice to just drive around and smash thing up, get as much air as possible and literally pwn the streets on mostly your own terms like.

I can't be arsed by DLC yet as I've not long started to play this :( Not sure there's an overall point to it but it is nice to just drive around and smash thing up, get as much air as possible and literally pwn the streets on mostly your own terms like.

I'm equally cautious about DLC usually but after playing a few hours of the main game and see the list of stuff you get for 1000 MS Points I knew it would be worth the price and it's very much proven to be so.

Yay! I've got my Burnout licence and found all the parking lots, so now it's the OCD having to kick in for the 102 wins needed for the Elite licence plus all the remaining billboards, smashes and jumps. It's fun to explore, but that a 360 equivalent of that burnoutteamrocks website would have been very useful indeed.

Yeah I agree, Ive only a few more things to find now (ive 399 of the 400 gates) but just cant face going back to it now Ive gotten my Elite license. May do in the future, but for now Im through with the (brilliant) game, such is the amount of time its sucked out of me.

So, who wants to give me a tour of the city, show me some jumps and do a bit of racing? This is one of the only games I'd say I was actually half-decent at.

My PS3 id is in my sig.

Don't all jump at once!

I'll add you and I'll invite you if i see you online.....

I have both ;) Do people really play this online though? Other than just driving around I'm not sure it's that good; point to point racing is OK yet I'd rather play a circuit racer like FM2. I view Paradise as a collection of things that you can do which are entertaining in short bursts but not really substantial enough for an online community, as such. Not like, say, TDU. Maybe I'm just to old. I don't feel like being competitive for the sake of it is enough to warrant playing online these days; it's all a bit too serious sometimes!

I've tailed off playing now I've hit every road and got all but two smashes (and one sign, d'oh!). I need something with more meat to play now, heh.

I have both ;) Do people really play this online though? Other than just driving around I'm not sure it's that good; point to point racing is OK yet I'd rather play a circuit racer like FM2. I view Paradise as a collection of things that you can do which are entertaining in short bursts but not really substantial enough for an online community, as such. Not like, say, TDU. Maybe I'm just to old. I don't feel like being competitive for the sake of it is enough to warrant playing online these days; it's all a bit too serious sometimes!

I've tailed off playing now I've hit every road and got all but two smashes (and one sign, d'oh!). I need something with more meat to play now, heh.

Loads of people play it online, the main reason being the hundreds of challenges which are always good for a laugh, mainly because it's just driving about not doing all that much :ph34r: The racing is shit, I'm gutted I only played TDU after everyone apart from about three people had stopped playing it :(

I've only had this two day, but have somehow managed to put 8 hours into it all ready - lots of fun. A few things I don't get though - the road rules challenges where you are trying to go faster than *somebody* in your friends list to win it. Hows it work, does it just look at your friends list and look at who's go the best time and set that ? It just struck me that depending how good people were you knew, you might have to set the best time in the world on some roads for this to work. There isn't just some sort of set time that it decides you've got better than ?

I had a quick go freeburning online and had a slightly confusing race. How do the online challenges work, are they easy to setup/join.

I've just gone past 300 smashes, it's going to be like crackdown isn't it where you have two left and are running around all over the place looking at ones you've already got over and over again.

I have both :angry: Do people really play this online though? Other than just driving around I'm not sure it's that good; point to point racing is OK yet I'd rather play a circuit racer like FM2.

I put most of my time into online races, I found the challenges a bit pointless and hard to coordinate. But improving your times and routes on the ranked race routes was a blast, There are a lot of nice shortcuts that i have found from following better players than me during online races.

there's 2 different road rules to beat, one for online and one for offline. The online one is friends, offline is the game.

While I was going around setting records, "Nutcasey" had most of the records. I'd like to think that was the bloke from here :(