Burnout Paradise

rubberducker

The checkpoints are essential for the island surely because of it's size? The game map is reduced dramatically so without letting people finish point to point races in seconds, I'm not sure how they could have got around it without making them checkpoint based.

I'd imagine the checkpoints are there to help you get around as it's an all new area to play around in.

The Cops & Robbers pack was a real let-down, both in value and in terms of what it was (seriously, what was cops & robbers about it?) but the island is Criterion back on track. Great value and a brilliantly designed area.

Yeah, I don't like the checkpoints in Burnout either and I find races more difficult because of them - I'm trying to follow the next checkpoint rather than watch the road. Midnight Club uses race checkpoints in a much better manner.

Finally been able to have a quick blast around Big Surf Island. I agree with some other forumites sentiments because I'm also not a fan of checkpoint races and I do tend to spend more time looking at the markers on the map than the road. The DLC has also stuttered on me a few times while I've been racing around something that has never happened to me in Paradise City (I'm running the PS3 DLC version of the Ultimate Box). It is still a lot of fun and the Inspiral Car Parks got the biggest laugh from me of all the place names in the new area.

Loving the names of the buildings and roads: Monkhouse Royal, Stilgoe Mall, The Hairy Cornflake, Grange Hill, etc. Loads of references to UK TV - Chegwin, Zammo, Magpie...

Most of the roads are actors, I think, too - Pitt, Glover, etc.

It takes no time at all to set the road rules, you'll probably do most of them after a couple of days driving around regardless.

After 35+ hours of driving round, I'd managed three. And one of those (Watt St.) I didn't actually get, it just awarded it to me anyway.

After 35+ hours of driving round, I'd managed three. And one of those (Watt St.) I didn't actually get, it just awarded it to me anyway.

If you purposefully try to get them (push up on the D-pad to cycle through to the Road Rules times; I had it set on that most of the time) you'd probably easily get them in about an hour or two at most as the majority are in the seconds. I think it says on the map which ones you haven't done.

If you purposefully try to get them (push up on the D-pad to cycle through to the Road Rules times; I had it set on that most of the time) you'd probably easily get them in about an hour or two at most as the majority are in the seconds. I think it says on the map which ones you haven't done.

I know. I've done 4. However, I did all bar one on Big Surf without trying.

To be fair - that was how I read it...

Anyhow, can someone explain to me how you do a flatspin in this? I think I missed the tutorial on it (probably because I turned the DJ and the hints off right at the start of the game). The manual is a bit slim on this kind of thing.

To be fair - that was how I read it...

Anyhow, can someone explain to me how you do a flatspin in this? I think I missed the tutorial on it (probably because I turned the DJ and the hints off right at the start of the game). The manual is a bit slim on this kind of thing.

Handbrake turn just as you're about to leave a jump or ramp, holding left or right until you land.

I got a 15x multiplier on a stunt run last night from *one trick* - hit a ramp which went through a billboard, getting me +2, but then clipped a tree which made me flat spin very fast for a further +13 :)

Handbrake turn just as you're about to leave a jump or ramp, holding left or right until you land.

I got a 15x multiplier on a stunt run last night from *one trick* - hit a ramp which went through a billboard, getting me +2, but then clipped a tree which made me flat spin very fast for a further +13 :)

Isn't that a barrel roll?