IGNORED

Harry Hill's TV Burp

Vimster

It's back this Saturday (10th Oct) following a new series of You've Been Framed.

COMEDY: Harry Hill's TV Burp

On: ITV1 Yorkshire (103)

Date: Saturday 10th October 2009

Time: 19:30 to 20:00 (30 minutes long)

The multi-award-winning Harry Hill returns with a new series of top-notch telly send-ups, aiming his comedy sights at reality shows, all the big soaps, and the usual culprits.

(Editor's Choice, New, Stereo, Widescreen, Subtitles)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Marked By: 'New Comedies and Sitcoms' marker

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Excerpt taken from DigiGuide - the world's best TV guide available from http://www.getdigiguide.com/?p=1&r=8627

Copyright © GipsyMedia Limited.

Anyone see this tonight? Was really disappointing, I can't put my finger on it but it really seems to have lost it's touch. I think it's become popular and the reason it became popular has been misunderstood. It's like ITV/latest TVBurp writing staff think it's down to Harry being all silly and over the top for no reason, trying to find anything that they can turn into a 'funny studio sketch'.

I don't know, maybe it's just a dud and we'll get some gems later. Hope so because this was the only slightly decent ITV show going...

Anyone see this tonight? Was really disappointing, I can't put my finger on it but it really seems to have lost it's touch. I think it's become popular and the reason it became popular has been misunderstood. It's like ITV/latest TVBurp writing staff think it's down to Harry being all silly and over the top for no reason, trying to find anything that they can turn into a 'funny studio sketch'.

I don't know, maybe it's just a dud and we'll get some gems later. Hope so because this was the only slightly decent ITV show going...

I thought it was okay overall, but the dancing Gandhi was literally one of the worst things I've seen on TV in the last few years.

Possibly a slow start. But then part of the hilarity is the in jokes as the weeks progress.

In any event, the casualty clip ("great news! we've downgraded your condition status...") was belly-achingly hilarious.

"I want a knight in shining armour, not an idiot in tin foil..."

Very good, wonder if the kakapo has the possibility of being this season's recurring joke?

I thought it was okay overall, but the dancing Gandhi was literally one of the worst things I've seen on TV in the last few years.

You obviously didn't watch Jin Davidson's Commercial Breakdown then...

I thought tonight's was hilarious, very much back to form.

Highlights include Autumnwatch, Holby City clips ("I just wanted to tell him I ran away and left fim to die...") and the vicar fight. Maybe it's been said before on here but I was a big fan of his C4 show back in the late 90s (/early 2000's?) and despite it's surreal nature at times, I think its great that he still has a slight hint of the surrealism in TV Burp; a family primetime show.

Strange reactions to this, I thought this latest one was much better than the first one. I think the audience is divided into two. Those who are into the light hearted jibes where he laughs 'with' his targets and then those who like his clever on the ball remarks about how lame tv is where he is laughing 'at' the targets.