IGNORED

NGamer 6 - Feb 07 Scores

retroed

This dropped through the letterbox this morning, so here are the details.

Wii

Warioware: Smooth Moves - 83

Excite Truck - 77

Trauma Center Second Opinion - 84

Marvel Ultimate Alliance - 65

Dragon Ball Z Budokai Tenkaichi 2 - 81

Ice Age 2 The Meltdown - 70

Splinter Cell Double Agent - 71

Open Season - 60

Rapala Tournament Fishing - 50

The Grim Adventures of Billy & Mandy - 44

DS

Castlevania Portrait of Ruin - 78

Star Fox Command - 85

Jump Ultimate Stars - 82

Tokyo Friend Pack II - 78

Tank Beat - 51

Minna No Curling DS - 70

Superman Returns - 20

Charlotte's Web - 39

Star Trek: Tactical Assault - 62

Monster Bomber - 58

Puzzle Series 5: Slitherlink - 80

Zoids: Battle Colosseum - 65

Cartoon Network Racing - 24

Lionel Trains On Track - 54

Horsez - 55

GBA

Rayman Raving Rabbids - 44

PREVIEWS - Wii

Elebits, Heroes, Super Mario Galaxy, Animal Crossing, Big Brain academy, DK Bongo Blast, Bust-a-Move Bash, Mario Kart, Mario Party 9, Harry Potter, Battalion Wars, Devil Kings,Metroid Prime Corruption, Pokemon Battle Revolution, Super Paper Mario, Machi Kuru Domino, Hajime No Ippo, Heatseeker, Harvest Moon, Ennichi No Tatsujin, Final Furlong, Final Fantasy CC, Wing Island, The Sims Wii, Pro Evo Soccer, Medal of Honor Airborne, SSBB, The Godfather, Dance Factory, Forever Blue, SSS, Kororinpa, Bob Ross: The Joy of Painting, Tamagotchi Sparkling President, Time Crisis, Tiger Woods, Ready 2 Rumble 3, Samurai Warriors Wave, Mercury Type R, SD Gundam, Sonic & the Secret Rings, Thorn, Snoopy & The Red Baron, Sadness, The River King, Spider-Man 3, Wii Motor Sports, Resi: Umbrella Chronicles, Leaderboard Golf, Let's Go By Train, Cooking Mama, Kirby, Guitar Hero II, Dragon Quest Swords, Pac-Man Carnival, Darkness, One Piece Unlimted Adv, Mario Strikers Charged, Mortal Kombat, Naruto, Necho-Nesia, Prince of Persia, Donkey Kong.

PREVIEWS - DS

Zelda, Phantom Hourglass, Harvest Moon, Diddy Kong Racing, Lost in Blue 2, Brain Training 2, Hotel Dusk, Spectrobes, Chibi-Robo Park Patrol, It's a Wonderful World.

WORLD OF NINTENDO

Top 20 Nintendo happenings

Another 20 things to do with your Wii

Zelda: TO map & tips

Seeing is Believing: Wii games tips & titbits

Mailbox

NGamer Wii Sports League

Wii Challenges

Virtual Console Guide.

On the DVD

Zelda's Secrets - Final 5 Dungeons Solved

76 Mins of Zelda tips

Your Wii's hidden features

Video reviews of Wii games

Bleach, Elebits, Warioware, Random trailser, NGamer Photos, USB Toys

Jump Ultimate Stars - 82

This is getting quite a lot of western coverage, any chance of it getting translated?

PREVIEWS - Wii

Animal Crossing, Mario Kart, Final Fantasy CC, The Sims Wii, Time Crisis, Resi: Umbrella Chronicles

Details on these? I've not seen anything of any of them except CC and the sims, are there screenshots/info?

... where is the score? :D

Oops, edited. :)

Bob Ross: The Joy of Painting - ''Trouble is - latest news this month is that the developers have abandoned the whole idea...''

There's a few shots of The Sims Wii, with decent little write up. The rest of them are mainly speculation, Mario Kart, Time Crisis haven't been officialy announced yet.

Do the wii previews have depth, or is it just an extended catologue of all the known wii games in development right now. And if they are going to speculate on mario kart and donkey kong development, then they should of included kid icarus and marionette too.

It's the latter although some of them aren't even known to be in development. The vast majority of the games are simply made up on the basis that they must be in development because the Wii is suited to that type of game or that it's a Nintendo franchise. It's shockingly poor show and reminiscent of the "HALO 3 EXCLUSIVE DETAILS INSIDE!" type bollocks that the 360 mags were pulling for the first few months of their lives when they were just blindly speculating about what might be in Halo 3.

The whole magazine has been deterioriating over the past few months and it's absolutely at rock bottom now. The interesting writing and features are all gone and replaced by easy reviews, dull cheats and tips and the entire back-half reads like a copy and pasting of game news blog RSS feeds.

Next month looks to be equally as fab. They'll be revealing the games that "they" don't want you to know about which sounds like another month of blind speculation and bullshit.

Dreadful.

It's the latter although some of them aren't even known to be in development. The vast majority of the games are simply made up on the basis that they must be in development because the Wii is suited to that type of game or that it's a Nintendo franchise. It's shockingly poor show and reminiscent of the "HALO 3 EXCLUSIVE DETAILS INSIDE!" type bollocks that the 360 mags were pulling for the first few months of their lives when they were just blindly speculating about what might be in Halo 3.

This is how I felt about it, too. A better title for that feature would have been 'Games we'd like to see on Wii in 2007, even though they would need to already be in development for this to happen, which some of them aren't, so we'll have to wait until at least 2008 in some cases, assuming there are plans for them to be released in the first place, which there might not be'.

If Guitar Hero II does come out on Wii, as NGamer's 'preview' suggests, I hope it won't use the nunchuck and remote as a controller, like the NGamer 'preview' implies, because that's like having to use them for Dance Dance Revolution. The Wii offering new gaming experiences is one thing, but having playing experiences impaired by developers/publishers insisting on using that newfangled, battery-guzzling contraption for the sake of it when there are better alternatives is a shit thing.

Have to agree with Burai - this issue is dreaful. It's a huge wishlist, with stuff like MarioKart merely being what they would like the game to be like while showing screenshots from the arcade game. Shocking.

Also laughable is the "preview" of Guitar hero 2. All based on the Activision chairman saying it would be on all major formats, followed by "we're a major format". It's a joke and the kind of thing I would have thought may have appeared in the old Official Nintendo mag - but not in the "spiritual successor" to SuperPlay.

im finding the official nintendo magazine has more integrity than this rag, based on purchasing them at the wii launch. not that thats huge praise, the official one is still full of factual innaccuracies (the controller comes with points, gt racer was 'too late to include in the mag (ie: shite), etc)

horrible indeed.

I don't think it's quite as bad as has been made out, although I agree this issue hasn't quite reached the heady heights of the first couple. Most of the mags reviews (bar Red Steel) seem pretty fair and some of the features are quite good. I like the top 20 nintendo happenings, the intro screen thing and the bit about how to get more out of your wii.

The previews section was incredibly lame though.

There was also a small feature about the musicians involved in making the games, Koji Kondo and the like. I would have liked it if that was extended into a full blown feature as it could have been really interesting.

PREVIEWS - Wii

Animal Crossing, Mario Kart, Harvest Moon, The Sims Wii, Pro Evo Soccer, Time Crisis, Ready 2 Rumble 3, Resi: Umbrella Chronicles, Guitar Hero II.

Didn't even know those had been confirmed (with the exception of RE:UC and The Sims). Obviously the Nintendo stuff is a given. How much depth do these previews have? Or is it a case of "We know it'll happen, so just to fill space we'll put some guess work on what it'll be like here!"? :ph34r:

EDIT - Note to self, read the rest of the thread before posting!

It's a decent issue but it's suffering from the post Christmas review drought

What it needs is loads of top Japanese games to be released for the Wii (not seen for a Nintendo machine since the Snes days) and that will probably happen if the Wii keeps performing as it has been doing in Japan

Big thread full of cynical. I haven't got this issue in particular, but NGamer remains pretty excellent. Even if it's idle speculation, or whatever else is suddenly considered VERBOTEN in games magazines, I could read the prose all day. It's got jokes, and they're good ones.

Worth ten times all the boring, dead-faced waffle that fills Edge (Biffovision excepted).

christ blobcat, it's a fiver. do you carry a diamond studded cane?

Well I don't smoke and I dont really drink so the habit money's got to go somewhere.

Ive been getting the magazine since issue 11 of NGC. Running out of storage space for the copies I haven't lost.

And again I say I need to write to them, haven't done so in ages.

they'l probably publish it in full on a 2 page spread, theyre desperate for material..

send them some mario kart wii times, theyre making shit up so why dont we.

princess peach park: 1:17 best lap

bowsers brisket: 3:13

Looking at that list of Wii titles, its like the Gamecube's shite release history is continuing.

I expect lots of games featuring Cartoon Network characters with the odd decent classic Nintendo series game to break the run of crap.

I don't think it's going to be anything like the Cube at all

Developers are jumping on board because it's selling like hotcakes and it's cheap to develop for

It's just the usual post launch / post Christmas lull - expect to see a load of announcements in the new year

Big thread full of cynical. I haven't got this issue in particular, but NGamer remains pretty excellent. Even if it's idle speculation, or whatever else is suddenly considered VERBOTEN in games magazines, I could read the prose all day. It's got jokes, and they're good ones.

Yep, that's pretty fair. It's the weakest issue yet, undoubtedly, but given that most mags have to produce two three-week issues over the Christmas period, every one around this time suffers from a lull in quality, particularly as there are rarely any really big releases and few big announcements until the new year. Give it another month or two and you'll see it back up to the quality of the first three issues.

It's still a really good read, mind.