IGNORED

Rainbow Six killed my Xbox 360

Steve007

I don't understand this!

I just put the game into my console for the first time about 20 mins ago and the moment the disc was inserted the console froze (it's never done this). I switched the console off and restarted and the 3 red lights appeared. Now every time I start the console it freezes and hangs.

Can someone please tell me what the hell is going on? <_<

It's broke Rodney.

Yes, but what did the disc do to kill the machine? The disc was being accessed by the machine for the first time and killed the console. What if I get a replacement machine and it happens again?

I am seriously pissed off about this <_<

And it broke Rodney.

Do something useful like dropping an electric heater in the bath that's plugged into the mains whilst you're sitting in the water.

It probably wasnt the disc, its most likely a coincidence.

Hmm, an amazing coincidence though? I have another 360 in the front room but I'm a bit worried about trying Rainbow Six in that console incase it screws it up <_<

Do something useful like dropping an electric heater in the bath that's plugged into the mains whilst you're sitting in the water.

oooooooooooo get her!

Listen dude, check out the 'red ring of death threads' It explain all there. Then call Microsoft and ask if you have a leg to stand on when it comes to getting a replacement.

It's a shitty feeling. We know. But it happends and there is nothing you or our lord and savour Jesus can do to make things better

I get the impression you're mildly annoyed by this, but it's definately broken Rodney.

I don't know why you're surprised, there's about a million posts on this forum with 'a mild breeze broke my xbox 360' or the last one I heard was particularly good 'some goths stared at my 360 and three red lights came on'

When did you purchase your 360? If its still within the 12 month warranty you should be able to take it back to where you bought it from and get an exchange. I did this with my 360 which I got from GAME. If its outside the 12 months, then its gonna be a phone call to the Yanks at Microsoft unfortunately for the dreaded pick up, repair and return courier service. Hope you get it sorted.

The usual rllmuk sympathy on show here. Bad luck steve, but like people say its not uncommon, your other machine will probably be fine playing the game.

I'm just trying to work out what caused the machine to die. The machine that's knackered is a replacement for my original launch day machine whiched died Xmas last year. My other healthy 360 that's in my front room is about a year old so I'm just wondering if I dare risk putting the R6 disc inside it.

Think of it this way. A disc is a bit of plastic with a load of code on it. Like any other game. Code cannot destroy a machine (well it can if it executes stuff to do that) so all it is, is a spinning bit of plastic. Just like any other game. You could have put in Halo 2 and it may have died. My machine worked fine one night, then the next was dead, i didnt blame the power button for it dying.

well you cant live your life worrying which games to play, i would just go ahead and play it. if R6 didnt kill it, something else would. im on my 5th console so iv some experience of this bullshit unfortunately.

to clarify, r6 probably used the disc drive in some intensive way, or the ram just went..r6 probably isnt a cursed game.

oblivion got one of mine, cod2 got another one and ridge racer killed my 1st one. ridge was a game that exposed problems on the early dodgy dvd drives in the way that it loaded.

well you cant live your life worrying which games to play, i would just go ahead and play it. if R6 didnt kill it, something else would. im on my 5th console so iv some experience of this bullshit unfortunately.

to clarify, r6 probably used the disc drive in some intensive way, or the ram just went..r6 probably isnt a cursed game.

oblivion got one of mine, cod2 got another one and ridge racer killed my 1st one. ridge was a game that exposed problems on the early dodgy dvd drives in the way that it loaded.

Blimey, you've had it bad haven't you!

sadly im not alone, the big 360 problems thread is full of people on 5+ machines mate. im ready for mine to go at any point and having to phone MS again..i wont pay though. i'l quote the european 2 year guarantee and the fac t that if they dont replace it i'l simply stick to my wii.

sadly im not alone, the big 360 problems thread is full of people on 5+ machines mate. im ready for mine to go at any point and having to phone MS again..i wont pay though. i'l quote the european 2 year guarantee and the fac t that if they dont replace it i'l simply stick to my wii.

Could I buy a new 360 from GAME or HMV tomorrow and then return my knackered 360 for a refund the day after? Would they be smart enough to check the manufacturing date on the back?