rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Weinberg

'Scary' Films....

Yeah, you're not wrong. In fact, the end scene was the only bit about BW I thought was good - the rest just annoyed me (especially the scene when the discover the compass is lost).

YES

As for HoHH, there were a few scenes in that which were slightly unsettling; the one you mentioned, the Doctor bouncing the ball in the spinning bit; the end credit scene. The ending apart (which is probably universally hated), I thought it was a really good film.

YES

A Company of Wolves scared me when I were a young lad, and I agree to an extent with those who mentioned Jacob's Ladder, too (the face in the car is just not right).

YES

Stir of Echoes (top, top film)

NO

NO NO

The Blair Witch Project is a great film. It was a breath of fresh air after about 3 years of endless, ironic slasher crap like Scream and I Know What You Did Last Summer. Plus, the marketing was genius.

The methods they used to make the film where really clever as well. The actors genuinely literally didn't have a clue what was happening most of the time.

The directors (Myrick and Sanchez) have done fuck all since Blair Witch 2 but going by IMDB they are about to make their comebacks. Should be interesting.

BW2 was so amazingly bad, the original was good though, I didnt think it was so groundbreaking as something very similar had been done years before with the stupidly violent and disgusting Cannibal Holocaust. That was a film that didnt scare me, more so made me feel sick due to the graphic nature of it (the uncut version).

The Omen (original) was pretty scary, largely due to superb use of the musical score.

The directors (Myrick and Sanchez) have done fuck all since Blair Witch 2 but going by IMDB they are about to make their comebacks. Should be interesting.

It reminds me a lot of Man Bites Dog in that way, the people who did that have never done anything since. I guess they were probably just film students who came up with one really good idea but knew that after that they didn't really have much else.