PSP firmware 3.02 hacked?

I'm playing Tomb Raider with CDDA conversion, the emulation is perfect.

Tried out Harmful Park and Einhander last night, two excellent horizontal shooters that I've not played before. Now I gotta get R-Types.

Just wanted to check. Has anyone managed to convert a PAL ISO (using p4upatch, zapper or whatever) to NTSC and get 0% border, i.e. it's not offset at all??

Every one I do has some slight border, it's improved by patching but not solved.

I just want to make sure I'm not being a retard and doing something wrong.

NTSC games have a slight border on the top and bottom, what sort of border size are you getting with your patched PAL conversions? Any chance of a pic?

ntsc games were all 320x200 pixels and the psp's display is 480x272 (hence the slight top and bottom border when the game is displayed in "original" mode.

NTSC games have a slight border on the top and bottom, what sort of border size are you getting with your patched PAL conversions? Any chance of a pic?

Here's a picture of an unconverted PAL game, Resident Evil 2

As you can see the border is bad. On the NTSC games there is a tiny border sure, but that's nothing.

resi2.jpg

Oddly enough trying to patch this game only made the border worse!! and moved the image further down.

I give up!

how do i compress already converted games then?

Use a recent version of the GUI tool PSX2PBP, open the EBOOT.PBP and click the "Extract ISO" button...

Then go through the rigmarole the other way - open the extracted ISO and click Convert

Hang on....the speed update isn't for emulation is it?

Oh and Murdock....you must seek G-darius.

That's another game added to the list then.

Been playing some random stuff, for example, Suzuki Bakuhatsu, a bomb disposal game which was only released in Japan, it's a lot of fun. The sort of game that you might expect on the DS. Had a go at Silent Bomber as well, I guess I was wrong to expect a stealth game, going on the title.

Loaded is next up.

how do i compress already converted games then?

Extract the image from the converted eboot with PSX2PSP then reconvert with compresion. Easy. I also check to see if the disc image works in epsxe once extracted before reconverting, just to be sure.

ahh ill look into that later then, cheers

popstation says to use the hot shots golf 2 eboot, but i dont have that. i was gonna use a command and conquer one, which still has the hot shots info on it? would that work?

edit: hmm psx2psp seems to only accept psx iso files?

ahh ill look into that later then, cheers

popstation says to use the hot shots golf 2 eboot, but i dont have that. i was gonna use a command and conquer one, which still has the hot shots info on it? would that work?

You need the HSG2 one to create the base.pbp eboot.

edit: hmm psx2psp seems to only accept psx iso files?

It is actually fine with .bin and .ccd as well as .iso, only file type i've had it refuse is .mds

You need the HSG2 one to create the base.pbp eboot.

Also what's the latest on this? I use a renamed Hotshots 2 eboot and just have PSX2PSP automatically assign the right GameID but isn't there another way of using a 'clean' eboot with no conflicting game data?

It is actually fine with .bin and .ccd as well as .iso, only file type i've had it refuse is .mds

Also what's the latest on this? I use a renamed Hotshots 2 eboot and just have PSX2PSP automatically assign the right GameID but isn't there another way of using a 'clean' eboot with no conflicting game data?

yeah i mean though that psxtopsp doesnt seem to accept eboot files so i can convert to psx and then back to psp. (after compressing).

also: does this mean i have to change all the icons etc again?

yeah i mean though that psxtopsp doesnt seem to accept eboot files so i can convert to psx and then back to psp. (after compressing).

also: does this mean i have to change all the icons etc again?

It does! simply browse for the EBOOT.PBP from the first input box and click open.

It then reads the name, icons, etc from the PBP file.

Then click the Extract ISO button. It is possible you are on an old version of PSX2PBP, get the latest 0.7.1 from the maxconsole forums, or PM me and I'll email it to you.

See the example screen below

BTW - The icons it reads from the PBP are placed in the same folder as PSX2PBP.exe so you can copy them elsewhere and reuse them when re-converting the ISO

eboot.png

as promised, here's the manual to final fantasy tactics. you'll need to be running OE3.03-A (which reads unencrypted DOCUMENT.DAT files) and you'll need to have assigned the correct u.s. catalogue code of SCUS94221 to your EBOOT.PBP of fft.

I scanned the images in 300dpi and made sure that they were all straight, then reduced all of the pages down to 480pxls wide (480x471 to be precise). you can scroll a page using the up/down arrows and flip from page to page using the left/right arrows.

now to get started working on creating a full colour version using the japanese guide as a template and get those missing 12 pages of information back where it belongs! :(

edit: link removed to avert any potential copyright issues

ps

I just realised that the emulator keeps track of which page you last viewed. even after you shut off your psp. so, if you go in a scroll through to page 10, and then exit back to the game, when you hit the "home" button and view the manual again, it will take you straight to page 10.