Celebrity Big Brother 2007

auntyclimax

'I'm Devastated And Sorry'

Updated: 21:42, Thursday February 01, 2007

Here is a full transcript of Jo O'Meara's statement:

Lor' luv a duck! There 'ave been many requests fer me ter talk ter da press dis week an' I appreciate what da Celebri'y Big Manhole Cover issues are still 'igh on da media agenda. However, I am really shattered an' totally devastated by da events ov da past few weeks an' 'ave needed some time ter recuperate. In da meantime, I would like ter say:

I 'ave not seen da free weeks ov da Big Manhole Cover programme footage, so I cannot commen' proper on what people are sayin' abaaaht me awer da programme. I 'ave asked Channel Roarf ter forward da tapes, but as yet I 'ave not received 'em an' I would like ter see what was shown ter da public befawer I commen' on da con'en' awer 'ow i' was edited, innit.

The ONLY footage I 'ave seen is da brief edited 'ighlights by Davina durin' my evicshun in'erview. I can only assume what uvver 'ousemates'll 'ave seen da free weeks worf ov footage by now an' therefawer are able ter commun'. I 'ave been advised what da programme tended ter show me wiv Danielle an' Jade wearin' a dressin' gown, smokin' an' swearing. I was particularly friendly wiv Jermaine, Cleo an' Ian an' I spen' a considerable amoun' ov time laughing, bubble an' singin' - I 'onestly 'ave no idea if any ov dis 'as been shown awer whether I was only pawtrayed badly.

I 'ave been told what I refused ter apologise fer any offences I may 'ave caused. This is totally untrue, I may 'ave behaved defensively when I came aaaht ov da Big Manhole Cover 'ouse an' durin' my in'erview wiv The Sunday Mirror, but I 'ad no idea ov da exten' ov da issues. . Know what I mean?

I was taken aaaht ov da Big Manhole Cover 'ouse an' put in a room wiv a camera an' a psychiatrist wiv no advisors, family awer friends an' given a pile ov newspapers ter read an' I was also infawmed what there 'ad been dearf freats over da Shilpa row. Know what I mean?

I asked Davina as we walked fruff da crowd after my evicshun if everythin' was OK as I felt what somethin' was pete tong but she assured me what everythin' was fine an' I 'ad jack ter worry about, innit.

Therefawer, my shock an' confusion was magnified by what greeted me wiv da press cuttings, dearf freats, da 'ighlights tape an' da tone ov Davina's in'erview. I now understand Danielle came aaaht wiv Jack an' they were in'erviewed together an' when Jade came aaaht there were no crowds at all. I felt like da 'rabbi' in da 'eadlights' wiv nowhere ter 'ide an' no-one ter talk to. OK?

Therefawer, my shock an' confusion was magnified by what greeted me wiv da press cuttings, dearf freats, da 'ighlights tape an' da tone ov Davina's in'erview. I now understand Danielle came aaaht wiv Jack an' they were in'erviewed together an' when Jade came aaaht there were no crowds at all. I felt like da 'rabbi' in da 'eadlights' wiv nowhere ter 'ide an' no-one ter talk to, innit.

I'm sure da public realise what da show makers don't brief da 'ousemates on what ter expect awer 'ow da programme may develop. I met a psychologist a few minutes befawer I en'ered da 'ouse who said I was fine ter join da 'ousemates an' I think what as a group we would all 'ave coped be'er if some ov da surprise stunts 'adn't been pulled by Big Bruvver. Know what I mean?

AMAZING.

The singer blamed Big Brother producers for manipulating situations inside the house.

"I think that as a group we would all have coped better if some of the surprise stunts hadn't been pulled by Big Brother.

"Jade and her family entering the house late and the introduction of a slave/master culture is bizarre by anyone's standards and automatically creates tension and a divide.

Has she NEVER watched Big Brother? Jesus wept! She's really scraping the barrel of excuses now.

I also like the bit where she says she did it for her house after losing the success/money from S Club - That's just tough shit love! Just because you used to be doing alright for yourself doesnt entitle you to that standard of living for life! Loads of people have problems in life that mean they can't afford where they are living, you just have to accept that, sell up and move somewhere cheaper!.

This made me laugh too:

Creative director Tim Hincks told Broadcast magazine: "We are not puppet-masters.

"The thing about Big Brother is it's very honest and people may be sniggering behind their cups of tea now, but if there was any evidence of briefing or skulduggery, the audience would spot it immediately."

How they have the balls to say that, I'll never know. We have spotted it you fucking idiots, it was obvious Jade knew what was going on before and after she came out of the house!

"The thing about Big Brother is it's very honest and people may be sniggering behind their cups of tea now, but if there was any evidence of briefing or skulduggery, the audience would spot it immediately."

Big, blatant lies are the best. Actually, that's not even strictly a lie, it's still a big, blatant something though. For that, I salute him. He'll get away with it.

Big, blatant lies are the best. Actually, that's not even strictly a lie, it's still a big, blatant something though. For that, I salute him. He'll get away with it.

He's clearly been learning from Hitler that guy :unsure:

Re: Miss GB - very funny, read that today in the paper. Nice of them to stick it in

Jo - she needs to grow up and simply apologise instead of fishing for excuses and stating that she wants to see the tape before commenting. She knows what she's done, she would have to be stupid to not know what she said or how she acted. Maybe that's the worst thing, that she thinks she's done nothing wrong.

Creative director Tim Hincks told Broadcast magazine: "We are not puppet-masters.

Tim Hincks:

Mohammed_Saeed_al-Sahaf.jpg

I was going to post a prediction about how Jade would go into rehab for depression, lie low for a while and then get involved in some tv show "why do people bully?" and trying to curb a bad temper/bad habits etc. We'd all see she was trying and after x months of penance including voluntary work with disabled kids she'd crawl back into some position of loud mouth gone good.*

However, I was quite amused reading about how she had checked into the Priory, but the article was explaining how that was only because it was what celebrities did after doing something bad and how it cost over £4k per week to stay there. Oh God woe is me I'm so upset, I'd better go spend a ridiculous amount of money to make it seem like I'm doing something.

*I don't think that would be a bad thing in the wider context. At the moment, people like Jade know not to blow their mouth off. They won't change though. If they see her change then they might follow her lead. She could be a big catalyst in overcoming street level ignorance and raising awareness of bullying, stranger things have happened. The media made her so why not use her for good? It would also help promote forgiveness which is pretty important.

How they have the balls to say that, I'll never know. We have spotted it you fucking idiots, it was obvious Jade knew what was going on before and after she came out of the house!

I never saw anything that suggested she knew more than the two diary room bits where big brother heavily implied that she might be pervieved as racist (which were openly broadcast). All this briefing talk is nonsense, not only would she have done better in her interview had she been briefed, but the effects of the briefing would be totally obvious on the live feed - she either would have been in the diary room for hours and hours or she would have emerged from the diary room openly distraught that she was now dispised across the world.

I never saw anything that suggested she knew more than the two diary room bits where big brother heavily implied that she might be pervieved as racist (which were openly broadcast). All this briefing talk is nonsense, not only would she have done better in her interview had she been briefed, but the effects of the briefing would be totally obvious on the live feed - she either would have been in the diary room for hours and hours or she would have emerged from the diary room openly distraught that she was now dispised across the world.

Ummm.. Wasn't it totally obvious on the live feed when she immediately started fawning to Shilpa and stating that 'all problems could be fixed'. And speaking about hearing a familiar voice in the diary room - IE her agent.

The only thing I do have sympathy for Jo with is that she was obviously the one chosen to be thrown to the wolves. Jade really got away with it, in terms of briefing beforehand, a silent eviction plus an entire week of "being kept away from the public" which is an odd way to describe "popping up on every TV show going".

Danielle had the faceless Jack there on her eviction and I doubt anyone could summon up the energy to even care about that waste of space next to her.

Jo got the full wrath, and has been left without an agent as well - through no fault of her own or BB but presumably she knew the guy well so she's got to deal with that, plus all the shitstorm.

I'm not saying I have that much sympathy for her but it is quite obvious who is the fall guy for Jade now.

shilpatop_22.jpg

;)

For 2MB of unoptimised animated GIFitude, try this:

http://www.frumious.co.uk/rllmuk/shilpatop.gif

Damn the open source community for not providing a way to do this that doesn't involve lots of silly little steps! :wub:

:D

Saved! :D

Jo's a thick bitch. She was the one who opened her mouth and said stuff, why is she pretending she didn't? She took the money easily enough.

:wub:

Saved! ;)

Jo's a thick bitch. She was the one who opened her mouth and said stuff, why is she pretending she didn't? She took the money easily enough.

If she was bullied to the point she tried to top herself, it would probably send her right over the edge to admit to herself that she bullied someone.