rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
masterhand

Wii scart cable stock

For all us us low def gamers I just thought I'd let you know the Official RGB scart cables are now out there. I picked up the last one from my local game store at lunchtime. The guy in the shop said they had 25 of them and was suprised how quick they went.

I checked and there are now some being sold on ebay. So check your game store and get them fast as I doubt we'll see any more stocks of these before the new year.

Fuck. Gameplay say:

to my preorder. ;)

What are my chances of getting one from town tomorrow?

Fucking hell, Nintendo. ;)

They were saying that about my Nunchuk until yesterday, when they shipped it. They also added on an extra day to the possible shipping day with every passing day.

My cable RGB pre-order is with Play. Not a peep from them, yet.

The Game in Croydon Debenham's basement had some official ones in. At least two left after the one I bought at around half five today (there were two in the glass case behind the counter). £22.99.

On a related note, Game Focus in Goodge Street had a few Blaze Wii Component cables today. Expensive though (£34.99)

will a £20 cable REALLY make a difference?

Yes. I was sceptical before I converted from composite too, but now it's almost unbearable to go back. When you first plug it in you might not see much difference, but keep it in for a while and then try going back and I bet you can't.

Yes. I was sceptical before I converted from composite too, but now it's almost unbearable to go back. When you first plug it in you might not see much difference, but keep it in for a while and then try going back and I bet you can't.

I might take a punt then.

I can pick one up for under fifteen bob anyways.

Forgive my middle-core ignorance, but will a £20 cable REALLY make a difference? Surely I'm better off spending £20 on another remote?

For me personally it makes a huge difference. Viewing in composite is like trying to watch your tv when it's not quite tuned in properly.

A good example is if you've got a sky digital box hooked up through scart into an rgb enabled scart socket. You can change the output in the sky options menu to rgb, then have a look at a text heavy channel like sky sports news and you'll notice the text is a lot clearer. I went round a mate's house the other day and noticed his picture was quite blurry so I changed it to rgb and he couldn't believe the difference! Of course you need a rgb tv and you need the scart in the correct socket. Most newer tv's have two or three scart sockets but only one is rgb enabled, normally scart 1. If you've only got one you can buy a rgb scart switcher and then connect all your consoles, sky etc to that and then connect that to your rgb scart on your tv.

So unless your Local Game store has any left tomorrow it looks like people are going to have to pay the best part of £50 for one of these on the bay.

Worth getting for a better picture? Absolutely as the Wii gives a better RGB picture than the Gamecube.

We know Nintendo hate Europe so I doubt we will get restocks of this cable any time soon.

£22.99 which is the going rate everywhere I think.

Yup, i can live with that. Fingers crossed that my local GAME actually saved me mine - still they're normally pretty good.

Worth getting for a better picture? Absolutely as the Wii gives a better RGB picture than the Gamecube.

fantastic, i was always very pleased with the quality of the GC output so im looking forward to seeing this.

GAME in Worcester have got fucking loads of them. Get over there in the morning and you'll probably get one, as no one around here seems to have a clue about these 'games'.

These are everywhere for £20 and wow, my picture quality has increased by like 30%!

Nice, crisp and wonderful colours. Ah the Wii. 'tis a little box of magic.

I had my Wii in work today and like a stupid tw*t left the video cable in the back of the TV (30 miles away). Took a spin to the local Game after seeing reports in the component thread and luckily enough they had about 10 RGB cables in stock - my Game card had £10 on it - result ! - its lovely - much Zelda will be had tomorrow.

RGB is still lovely on my Plasma ;)

I think Meh was referring to your average mid-range LCD, which do tend to struggle with deinterlacing RGB over SCART.

I use RGB(HV) for everything on mine, all converted from HDMI, s-video or component. Lovely.

I think Meh was referring to your average mid-range LCD, which do tend to struggle with deinterlacing RGB over SCART.

I use RGB(HV) for everything on mine, all converted from HDMI, s-video or component. Lovely.

Yeah, I don't like stupid generalisations and try to point them out. Sometimes I feel a bit bad but what the hell. "RGB tends to be wank on HD tellies" is just wrong ;) Unless, as you say, he's talking about a shit LCD.