IGNORED

All I want for Xmas is a PSP

Monkichi 3.0

Busted. Nailed. Snagged. As many of you have figured out (maybe our speech was a little too funky fresh???), Peter isn't a real hip-hop maven and this site was actually developed by Sony. Guess we were trying to be just a little too clever. From this point forward, we will just stick to making cool products, and use this site to give you nothing but the facts on the PSP.

Sony Computer Entertainment America

They've backed down! Well, a little <_<

http://www.alliwantforxmasisapsp.com/blog/default.aspx?

You sound cheerful :lol:

It's not the same going into Playtime without hearing you tell me about how much you hate everything and chastising me for my opinions :(

I'm ok. I miss the "good" people of Nottingham :( The scumbags can fuck off mind :)

The thing that irritates me about this whole blog thing is that Sony (or the company they commisioned to make it) seem to know aboslutely FUCK ALL about the people who buy PSP's, or potentially buy PSP's.

Or maybe, just maybe, the scary thing is they got their targets dead on <_<

aah, that was a laugh.

it's kind of nice how they actually posted a response and didn't just drop the website without saying anything. actually it's kind of fucking hilarious, and gives us insight into the self-abortion of a handheld platform.

A+!

I think the reason they kept the site up was that they already seem to have loads of promotional material prepared, Sony probably wouldn't have paid them if they pulled the site anyway.

Not that they deserve any money for this shambles of a campaign.

Remember the Sony E3 thing, with the clips from "real people" about PlayStation, in Time Square New York and such?

It's like they decided that wasn't quite annoying and fake enough.

"I'm gonna beat you, it's it's gonna hurt so bad, because.............. I don't know LOLZ"

God I hated that ad.

"I'm gonna beat you, it's it's gonna hurt so bad, because.............. I don't know LOLZ"

God I hated that ad.

It was actually worse than Microsoft's "real people" campaigns. I just couldn't believe it. Imagine the atmosphere at E3, when they played that bit. The awkward silence and glances? Yeah.

It's called delicious.

looks like the people in the marketing company are a tad bitter

I noticed this at the bottom of the comments of the "cut out ad" section

"ALRIGHT, GOOD WORK, INTERNET VIGILANTES! YOUR BRAVE COMMENTS AND RESEARCH HAS SAVED ANOTHER WEBPAGE!

When you're all old and dying, i hope you look back on this moment, cuz im sure you'll say, 'Wow, i really made the net a safe place over the course of my life, Time well spent.'

LOL At least these guys get PAID for what they do.."

Time well spent indeed, if a few hours of people power can do this. <_<

I really don't like sony anymore.

It was actually worse than Microsoft's "real people" campaigns. I just couldn't believe it. Imagine the atmosphere at E3, when they played that bit. The awkward silence and glances? Yeah.

I kept expecting someone to leap up and call Kaz a son of a bitch when it finished.

Don't worry.

You can get back at them by joining Nintendo UK's Wii guerilla marketing campaign:

http://www.dubitinsider.com/team/info?1=1&teamid=12

"If you would like to work for Nintendo on this one and have the chance to win a Nintendo Wii in the process, join up today!!!!"

hardly "guerilla" if you ask me, and about 56816187981716976 times less embarrasing as sony's attempt.

"If you would like to work for Nintendo on this one and have the chance to win a Nintendo Wii in the process, join up today!!!!"

hardly "guerilla" if you ask me, and about 56816187981716976 times less embarrasing as sony's attempt.

I think it's the fact that through that website you can sign up to be a "guerilla" marketer for Nintendo and get free stuff for pretending (or not) to like Nintendo products.

I can see half the forum signing up to that now you've posted it Burai!

I think it's the fact that through that website you can sign up to be a "guerilla" marketer for Nintendo and get free stuff for pretending (or not) to like Nintendo products.

I can see half the forum signing up to that now you've posted it Burai!

we should get a few people to sign up and see what the criteria is though....

*edit*

well, i cant , they want UK addresses and phone numbers...

"You all is haters tymes 4. Dis is lee-git. Don't know why youse thinks this is a schill. Are site was registered through an external provider. We don't work for sony. And for all you dissin' my skillz I'm down for a one on one rap off or settling it street stylez if you feel me playa. Teh."

PR firm Zipatoni should never get another corporate client again, after this demonstration of their "skillz".

Microsoft used to do a similar thing and were actually caught paying off forum administrators to let them do it:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=22302

Microsoft's new thing is to send genuine employees onto forums to act as "community liaisons", much like Major Nelson does where adverts are presented as "exclusive insider information! Don't tell Bill!" and they'll answer any questions and damage control any negativity. NeoGAF have about 4 Microsoft employees working over there now.

In further news:

Busted. Nailed. Snagged. As many of you have figured out (maybe our speech was a little too funky fresh???), Peter isn't a real hip-hop maven and this site was actually developed by Sony. Guess we were trying to be just a little too clever. From this point forward, we will just stick to making cool products, and use this site to give you nothing but the facts on the PSP.

Sony Computer Entertainment America

Embarrassing.