I just smashed a remote and my wall

Lovelyman

Nintendo seem to agree as they're now doing a stronger strap in the US.

In the UK, too, it appears. I have two remotes - the one that came with the console, and one that came with WiiPlay. The strap on the console one is much thicker than the WiiPlay one. It's the cord part that's thicker.

I think it's a legitimate concern - before picking up the system I thought to myself "only an idiot would let go of that", but during some heated games of Wii Tennis, I still ended up thwacking the hell out of that thing way stronger than needed. Boxing is also a major sweat enducer. Bad combination.

Someone over on GAF was recomending deep sea diving wrist lanyards FWIW...they go for a couple quid on ebay.

My Wii came with a remote that had the stronger strap and Wii Play came with the weaker one. I can tell the difference because the wheel adapter has a sticky pad to protect the business end of the remote and it got glue on my remote. Cleaning it off left some tiny scratches, so I can tell the two remotes apart.

I hadn't opened Wii Play until after doing this.

I just checked (my Wiiplay remote hadn't been removed until now) and The console remote definately has the better strap.

Interesting about the thicker wrist straps. But has anyone actually tested for for sure that they are actually stronger? They could just be 'different', not 'better' or 'worse'.

If Nintendo actually made an official statement on the matter, and offered free stronger wrist straps to early adoptors, now that would be something.

All the skins I've seen seem to be raised to the height of the buttons, which I'd imagine would make the buttons a little harder to use. But I could be wrong about that.

yep, they make pressing the buttons difficult, and you have to remove em to change the batteries, and that usially ends up with them ripping..

a better solution would be some flat, adhesive rubber studs.