rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Andsom

I'm surprised nobody's started a topic yet as this went online a couple of days ago. It's this year's shonky sponsored prequel trailer. Not very good at all to be honest and, incredibly, even less subtle use of a Toyota than last years.

Still, just over a month until season 6 proper starts...

When you say "a couple of days" you mean about 6 weeks, aye? :unsure:

*edit* may be wrong, I'm avoiding anything till it starts.

You are wrong. It's different. The one which was out ages ago is just a trailer with clips from the 1st episode. The one which came out 2 days ago is an actual self-contained prequel. It doesn't really tell you anything you don't already know.

Ah, sorry, my bad. I started thinking that as soon as I posted :) Was scared to watch it though, as I said, I am avoiding anything to do with it 'till the 14th of January.

That was crap, I hope its not part of the show.

It's not. It's a thing they've done the last couple of years. It's just a wee prequel for the US DVDs.

It's not. It's a thing they've done the last couple of years. It's just a wee prequel for the US DVDs.

Not to mention an advert for Toyota. The last couple have been crap too so hopefully not too much of an indication of what's to come.

Looks like they're releasing the first four episodes on DVD the same day (well the Tuesday) they air in the States. See HERE.

Intriguing.

If two agents (mercenaries) came to rescue me, and pulled a silver Toyota from the brush, I'd tell them to get fucked, and go grab a Humvee. A black Humvee.

I was thinking about starting a topic on it but couldn't be bothered as it has nothing really do to with season 6.

Though you should change the title of the thread to Day 6 prequel so people will not get confused. The most interesting point of the prequel was how Jack's mental state was, I bloody hate the Chinese (though I love their food)

Jesus that was bad. I liked the swelling music when they revealed the Toyota. "Hooray! A Toyota!"

When they took Jack out of the car near the end I was half expecting him to say "you know, that was a surprisingly smooth ride over rough terrain. These Toyotas are really good, and economical too!" or something.

And anyway, as product placements go, aspirational imagery and all that shit - they've just told the American public that traitorous mercenaries drive Toyotas.

"Drive a Toyota and YOU could betray your country too!"

Well, in some peoples view, anyone buying a Toyota is betraying their country by definition because Toyota are not American :(

I know it was all a setup, but if I was on a covert rescue mission in China I'd use a black Toyota 4x4, NOT a stupidly bright silver one :(

Same old same old... Instantly obvious scenario from the moment they said 'it's OK Jack we're American'... Possibly not an indication on what's to come though as the trailer from yesterweek was far better directed and shot (how many times have we seen that exact same area in a series of 24? Wow, China looks a lot like similar scenes based in America from series 1, 2 4 and 5...

Anyhow, I haven't got a huge amount of hope for series 6, bar the fact that it's going to be an incrementally silly retread on what's gone before but I dare say it'll be a heck of a lot better than that prequel.

Is it just me who doesn't really 'get' the story of this? Why was staging the rescue attempt necessary when they must have known where the traitor was when they were driving to him?

They didnt know he was a traitor, that was the whole point. They used this silly escape plan fake to try and get Jack to point out whether that guy was a traitor.

Is it just me who doesn't really 'get' the story of this? Why was staging the rescue attempt necessary when they must have known where the traitor was when they were driving to him?

Yup, it was just you! :(

I'm just re-watching Season 5 in preparation for the new season. I'd forgotten how explosive the first few episodes were.

I need to hurry up and finish watching season 5, starts on sky near the end of January (not sure when exactly).

I think the new season starts on Sky on January 21st.

yeah thought it was a bit of a cheek to release the 4 episode premier on dvd in usa. its not exactly long till its out on tv. Maybe people have money to flutter away? who knows... id rather use the cash to buy the boxset eventually.

Thank God it's starting here soon. I've only got capped broadband this year, and I've already downloaded the entire 2005 season of the WSOP already, so I'll have to wait until it's on TV. Sky+ FTW!

I'm just re-watching Season 5 in preparation for the new season. I'd forgotten how explosive the first few episodes were.

People went on about how great the first five minutes of Lost S3 Ep1 were but I thought the start to S5 of 24 was much better.

I was much more excited about the first 15 minutes of 24 than much of lost series 3. Killing off a fair few of the main characters from previous series' like that was mad good stuff.

Just over 9 days till 24 starts :)

I personally cant wait.Even if the storyline gets even more ridiculous its still one of the best TV shows.

What I cant believe that they are releasing a DVD of the premiere in the US :)

1167372107_big.jpg

http://www13.cd-wow.com/detail_results_2.p...ct_code=1853314

Talk about milking it.

I'd wish they'd do the whole season like this, releasing the DVDs every week. Then I could just Netflix them and not have to make the hard choice as to how to get around the fact that Heroes and 24 are both on at the same time.

I don't watch 24 but a friend of mine has just mentioned...

There are a few releases on the major torrent sites, claiming to be the

first episode of the new 24 season. I;m downloading one right now so I

can't say whether they're real or not, but from what I've read on IRC,

they're legit. It's a rip of a FOX promotional DVD. It's not going very

fast so I'll only be able to watch tomorrow.

I can certainly vouch for the guy. Anyone else heard/seen anything?

EDIT: It's just appeared listed on www.nforce.nl

I don't watch 24 but a friend of mine has just mentioned...

I can certainly vouch for the guy. Anyone else heard/seen anything?

EDIT: It's just appeared listed on www.nforce.nl

On Usenet too.

Just found episode 1 on newzbin, downloading it now. Hope the other 3 episodes are uploaded soon.

YAY - can't wait to watch it...in...45 mins...