rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Hubertus Bigend

'Wii left it too late' Club

HMV Princes Street had them last week. Of course, they may be gone by now as it was the only shop in Edinburgh to have it.

I was in there Saturday and they didnt have any so must have sold out.

If you do spot any could you drop me a quick PM? Cheers.

Got my email yesterday to confirm my play pre-order is being dispatched, hooray!

I think its selling better than anyone expected.

I tihnk this is totally true, I've been waiting on my pre-order for this long as I haven't been that bothered about it, since then between the 7 people I work with they've purchased a total of 6 Wii's from amazon or wherever, if that's even the slightest indication then it's no wonder there are shortages.

although everyone I know who wanted one has one now, got them off amazon or wherever.

My brother-in-law asked me to get him a Wii as he wasn't able to get one in Stafford where they live. Couldn't get him one on Monday, all the shops were cleared out after the weekend.

My wife rang all the Game stores near us yesterday and today, she managed to bag one in Newcastle city centre this morning. So it only took her 3 days to get one, not bad. Best idea seems to be to ring around stores first thing. She was told machines were coming in and managed to get down in time.

My mate told me last week (after yet another session on my Wii :() that he had put down £20 at Gamestation for a Wii. I was amazed that nearly three months after launch they still weren't freely available. Even the fact that this thread is still active is amazing!

My wife rang all the Game stores near us yesterday and today, she managed to bag one in Newcastle city centre this morning. So it only took her 3 days to get one, not bad. Best idea seems to be to ring around stores first thing. She was told machines were coming in and managed to get down in time.

This seems to be the key. Its possible to get them, it just requires phoning Game for a few days at 9am.

I was amazed that nearly three months after launch they still weren't freely available. Even the fact that this thread is still active is amazing!

These truely are amazing scenes.

Well i didn't get one in the initial launch and so decided to wait until March as my son has his birthday.... good excuse to get a Wii... I had assumed they would be everywhere by now, but i started looking in earnest on Monday phoning game each day... 3rd day in to day, Game Wolverhampton had 12 in, i got there at 10am and they had 6 left... so its wii night tonight!

3 days wasn't so bad....

The bloke buying after me said he's being picking them up for weeks like this and ebaying them.... selling for £245....

seriously man, the game upstairs in the metro centre (specifically the upstairs one), is a good source. i've gone in there twice to get one, and walked out successful both times.

Cheers for the tip off. I suspect the little-known Game at the top of Fenwick's in town could also be a good bet. It's crazy I can't get my mitts on one still.

I spotted them by using wiipreorder.co.uk

Just leave it open in a tab while your online

Hey thanks for the tip, got one last week using this.

I think I'd still be waiting for my gamestaion pre-order.

I've also been using the wiipreorder.co.uk tab since Friday, but not managed to get hold of one yet. A few have come up, but only in some rather weak bundled packages.

I guess I'll keep trying.

I've also been using the wiipreorder.co.uk tab since Friday, but not managed to get hold of one yet. A few have come up, but only in some rather weak bundled packages.

I guess I'll keep trying.

Sweet.