rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Hubertus Bigend

'Wii left it too late' Club

If Nintendo don't pull their fingers out, they're going to lose the tremendous momentum they've built up amongst non-gamers. I know people who really want to buy a Wii, and have asked me to let them know if I see any available, but how long until they lost interest? They're not the types to keep going into a store every day in the desperate hope they'll find one, or to keep refreshing a Web page - and who can blame them? The Wii has got to become widely available - and not at £3000, or whatever the Amazon marketplace people are selling it for - for them to get one.

I'm not sure non-gamers have quite the same voracious appetite for games that we do. My Mum got quite into her GB a few years back and later she owned a SNES. Both times it was one or two games that she played for months.

My bus was caught in traffic on the way back from Uni, stopped off at Argos and someone had taken the last Wii literally 2 minutes before I arrived.

ARGHHHHHHHHHHH

You're not honestly telling me there are still shortages?

That is unbelievable. I don't believe it.

Amazon marketplace...

7 used & new available from £319.97

Stop these people by getting more stock out there, Nintendo!!

You're not honestly telling me there are still shortages?

That is unbelievable. I don't believe it.

The Wii hasn't been readily available down here...ever. You still can't walk into any shops in town and buy one without pre-ordering.

I've pre ordered one from Gamestation on sunday.

Anybody else done this ?? how long did they take and did they get in contact with you ??

Popped into HMV today on the off chance that they had a few in stock. I asked the guy and he said I could put my name down but I would be around 60th in the queue and would probably have to wait around 6-8 weeks.

Not overly impressed. It'd better be a bloody good console!

GAME seem to be the best bet - they get shipments of 20-30 in every so often and don't let you pre-order them, judging by Norwich's one. I went in three or four times and was eventually successful, though each shipment goes the morning it arrives.

They went fast. 101 in an hour they must have sold 1,616 PS3's as well.

:lol:

We may need a new "it prints money" gif.

Game is still your best bet. The one near where I live did a 'Golden Ticket' thing when they got any stock in - phone them at 9am, ask if any stock is coming in, 6 they say, I'm down at the shop within 10 minutes and I was ticket no. 4. They give you a phone whe it arrives. Et Voila.

That's the Game at Cameron Toll, Edinburgh, fact fans.

Reading all these posts makes me even more chuffed with my sub halfprice (due to having giftcertificates) Wii bagged from Amazon a fortnight ago (helped by timeley PM's from Xevious and Warszawa).

Rather niceley another Amazon Gift certificate arrived last week so I unexpectedly have another 40 quid to blow on it guiltfree :lol:

That's the Game at Cameron Toll, Edinburgh, fact fans.

How often do Game get them in, is it like one delivery a week?

I'm in Morningside so have a few Games I could get to within 20 minutes or so. I'll be trying this 9am lark next week after I get paid...

Thay can get a few deliveries a week, it's just depends. I was told that they would start to get more deliveries in and then, all of a sudden, they didn't receive any deliveries for about a week and a half, whereas the week before that they recieved 12 over 2 days and before that 12 on one day.

Incidently, it seems that the Game in Cameron Toll are the only game doing this ticket scheme (in Edinburgh) as the ones in Princes Street, St James and Newcraighall weren't (they were a be in the right place at the right time).

Right, thanks for the info. Hopefully I'll be lucky next week.

And I was!

Got my ticket at Game, Cameron Toll 10 minutes ago.

They still had 9 tickets to give out if any Edinburgh forumites are interested.

I got mine a while back but this is frankly getting ridiculous now. The fact that you cant get one nearly 3 months on is absurd and is wholy Nintendos fault.

I've been on the waiting list for a second Wii (for my brother-in-law) for about 6 or 7 weeks now ... I expected it to be about two weeks.

Where at?

It seems if you're prepared to phone Game each morning you can get one a lot quicker than that.

Telt yae geordie - nae borra at the Game at Supasava, eh?

Indeed.

I was a bit disappointed at the quality of my "ticket" though. In my dreams I pictured golden foil with some kind of hologram. The reality was a bit of Game receipt roll with "Wii 9" scribbled on it. Still the end results the same.

Thanks for the tip-off.

Got mine yesterday, direct from Nintendo (through work). They offered us Wiis in October, promised we'd get them by launch date. February 21!

Over three months after they said I'd get it, and that's from Nintendo themselves.

Still, I've got one now, so I'll shut up complaining.

I got mine a while back but this is frankly getting ridiculous now. The fact that you cant get one nearly 3 months on is absurd and is wholy Nintendos fault.

Nuts isn't it, I'm casually looking to pick one up but don't have the time to stalk internet dealer's sites every day so there's pretty much no chance of me getting one at the moment.

I'm really surprised that so few are coming in still. I guess they're just really popular...

Peops still having probs getting one? :(

A few weeks ago several stores (including GAME) had them in store - they just weren't announcing they had them in but when asked they confirmed they had some stock.

I wasn't even looking for one for myself either but thought I'd ask just to see how bad availability was.

It wasn't - and this is all around Bluewater/ Lakeside/ Bexleyheath for anyone interested - mind as I said it was a fair few weeks ago now. Haven't bothered since (I have a US Wii myself).