rllmuk
Vemsie

Preacher: now an AMC TV show - No comic spoilers please

Apparently this is Seth Rogan's baby; it's been his pet project for years and it's his clout that's pushed this to pilot.

No idea if that means he's wanted to actually star in it though or if he recognises that that would be the fucking WORST.

Joseph Fiennes for Herr Starr.

I'd really really like to see this come to fruition, but I'd also really really like Ennis' works to be left unsullied by TV execs.

I actually think they'd have a far easier time getting Crossed, The Boys or his Punisher run onto TV despite them arguably being more extreme. Purely due to the lack of religious dogma in those compared to Preacher.

Apparently this is Seth Rogan's baby; it's been his pet project for years and it's his clout that's pushed this to pilot.

No idea if that means he's wanted to actually star in it though or if he recognises that that would be the fucking WORST.

He could play Arseface, I suppose.

Just doesn't seem right having it on a channel that can't say strong naughty words.

Exactly, I'm not too keen on AMC's Walking Dead compared to the comics portrayal.

In honour of Steve Dillon's art all the characters should be played by one actor wearing different wigs.

:lol:

I remember the tongue in cheek backlash in the letters page in the issue after he drew the 'cat' that Cassidy(?) traps in the toilet. If I remember correctly, there was even a poll submitted for people to guess what it actually was, due to how little it looked like a feline.

Really not happy about this at all. Not that they are making a pilot but that it's stuck on fucking AMC. How the fuck are they going to wallow in the dialogue and subject matter and not be heavily censored ? Bleh.