Preacher: now an AMC TV show - No comic spoilers please

Vemsie

12 hours ago, Don Wiskerando said:

and I'm looking forward to watching the finale with my son. 

12 hours ago, Don Wiskerando said:

The only bit he hasn't liked so far was Herr Starr's

Reveal hidden contents

freak, nipple-chain, suicide incident. 

It can be tough going for seven year olds ;)

People liked the last season then? It totally missed the mark for me. I couldn't have given much of a toss about any of them at the end. I didn't really warm to any of the characters actually... I potentially could have done so with Cassidy but his character from the comics tainted my perceptions, even though he never really went in that direction here.

That 40 years later bit seemed completely unnecessary. Still, I'm glad the ultimate ending concerning God was unchanged.

Something I missed - maybe nodded off during the relevant episode...

Where did the non-inbred Jesus come from? The breakdancing one? The grail were supposed to be guarding the bloodline of Christ through all the inbred clones (i.e. humperdoo) but then 'real' Jesus is there somehow and he's collaborating with Hitler...

6 minutes ago, Darwock said:

Something I missed - maybe nodded off during the relevant episode...

Hide contents

Where did the non-inbred Jesus come from? The breakdancing one? The grail were supposed to be guarding the bloodline of Christ through all the inbred clones (i.e. humperdoo) but then 'real' Jesus is there somehow and he's collaborating with Hitler...

Spoiler

He came from Heaven, as their representative for the plan. With Hitler representing Hell after becoming its ruler when Satan was killed.

I found it a strangely moving finale. Life goes on etc. One thing I thought they'd address was the whole heavenly system - are people still getting sent to hell or heaven depending on some arbitrary rules? Or has the Saint initiated a new system? Who's running hell now, given we saw what a massive bureaucracy it was?

Cassidy's coat in that last scene was fucking gorgeous.

9 hours ago, Chadruharazzeb said:

At what episode is best to join this season then, when the relevant stuff starts?

I'd say episode 6... appreciate that's quite far into the season, but honestly I can't remember anything particularly memorable in the first 5 episodes.

12 hours ago, Alask said:

I'd say episode 6... appreciate that's quite far into the season, but honestly I can't remember anything particularly memorable in the first 5 episodes.

Yeah, I’d agree with that. Episode six is where I gave up, and the previous five were largely just pointless meandering. Sure I’ll polish off the remaining few eventually, but damn that was bad pacing for a final season. 

21 hours ago, Alask said:

8 hours ago, Garibaldi said:

Yeah, I’d agree with that. Episode six is where I gave up, and the previous five were largely just pointless meandering. Sure I’ll polish off the remaining few eventually, but damn that was bad pacing for a final season. 

Cheers! I'll get on it this weekend. 

• 10 months later...