Preacher: now an AMC TV show - No comic spoilers please

Vemsie

3 hours ago, VN1X said:

Really enjoyed Episode 6. The characters are finally starting to come to life this season and overall it's been a huge step up from season 1.

Tell me though comicbook readers:

Hide contents

Will there be a time where Cassidy has had enough of Jesse's shit and turns on him (complete with some super evil vampire ritual/substance which will make him immune to Genesis or whatever)?

People reading the comic would likely be

asking the same question in reverse. Cassidy should probably not be portrayed quite as sympathetically

8 hours ago, Darwock said:

People reading the comic would likely be

Reveal hidden contents

asking the same question in reverse. Cassidy should probably not be portrayed quite as sympathetically

Spoiler

Oh yeah, he needs to become much more of a loveable cunt

When I try and watch from Episode 4 onwards on Amazon (watching through my PS4) , the playback is all fucked up - basically the volume of the dialogue is muted very low and all the music and effects are normal. To the point where I can't hear a word anyone is saying. 

Also it seems that everything is moving in slow motion - like the whole episode is a trip-scene, slurred speech and movements - but - without dialogue - for all I know, this is deliberate - does ep 3 have lots of scenes shot in a sort of blurry slow-motion (like TV often uses to portray someone being drunk/stoned/tripping)?

It's been like this ever since I first tried to watch Ep 4 when it first came out. I can go back and watch Eps 1, 3 and 3 and they play fine. 

Anyone got any idea what's going on? Doesn't seem to affect any other show I watch on Amazon. Is it an Amazon problem, or a PS4 thing? Or something with my setup?

28 minutes ago, Vorgot said:

Am sure it's not just me but thought I would check. Trying to watch Episode 8, and it seems to be episode 4 instead. Very annoying, hope they sort it out sharpish.

it's not just you

By M J. Tuckeron 8 August 2017

Format: Amazon Video|Verified Purchase

Yes I know episode 8 is entitled 'Holes', however Amazon video have fouled up and put an earlier episode on. Henceforth due to Amazon editing comments they feel are abusive this episode is dedicated and renamed in their honor. Hence 'A Holes'

Didn't even replace it with a good episode, they slotted 'Viktor' in.

I assume you mean the Herr Starr , erm, cock-up?

Caught up with this recently and really enjoyed it.The chapter on Starr's induction into the grail was a perfect example of why it's a great adaption. Pretty much one of the most memorable segments of the comic, which was already written/drawn in a way that would translate  a adequately into live action. But  a instead they reimagined it in a way that was just as entertaining but more fresh.

1 hour ago, cassidy said:

Nope, episode 10 this relates to.

They really missed a trick though

when they introduced The Messiah. They should have used Starr's best ever line (IMO) "Son of God or son of man. You can't fuck your sister and expect anything good to come of it" and not the bit about royalty and inbreeding they used

Every time Herr Starr speaks now all I can think about is Hugh Laurie as Evil Prince Ludwig in Blackadder 2.

Took me a few episodes to get into the second season. I think because it's such a shift in direction with them being on the road, it wasn't really working for me. Glad I stuck with it. However, not keen on episode 10 which seemed a bit like a filler episode, despite the Jesus stuff. It was one of those episodes where it seems like the writers just keep writing until they've filled 45 minutes, and then give themselves a pat on the back. Episode 10 just... ended.

I loved the episode with Herr Starr where he's going though his training though! The actor playing him is amazing.

52 minutes ago, cassidy said:

Those crazy bastards did it. And not a single person complained. I am amazed. 

I did notice that he didn't actually fling any shit - maybe they thought that was going a bit far - but yeah, having

an inbred Christ pissing on Custer as he knelt before him was really way more than we could have hoped for in a mainstream TV adaption.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...