Preacher: now an AMC TV show - No comic spoilers please

Vemsie

11 hours ago, _Pow_ said:

I can't get past Jesse looking like a chubby hipster :(

At least he has a personality here though. I'm a huge fan of the comics, but I've been thinking about this for years and I just don't think the comic Jesse would come off well as a tv character. He'd seem too wooden and brooding to be entertaining. It might work in a movie where the character could throw Clint Eastwood vibes or something. But I don't think that character would sustain TV viewer's interests over a whole series. 

Questions about the TV show's Saint of Killers:

(I know the comic answers.)

We know from the show that the two angels recruited the Saint straight from his personal Hell, with the specific task of killing Jesse and getting Genesis back.

So:

How come the Saint's guns never miss and never need to reload?

How come the Saint's guns can kill an angel?

How come the Saint has a legendary rep back on Earth?

I don't think the questions had specific answers in the TV show. But it's a show with God, angels, hell and all that, so I just put it down to being just another supernatural aspect to go along with all that. I don't think every little thing needs every detail explained. I don't particularly wonder about the mechanics of angels reappearing after they're "killed" either.

58 minutes ago, Tezcatlipoca said:

Questions about the TV show's Saint of Killers:

(I know the comic answers.)

We know from the show that the two angels recruited the Saint straight from his personal Hell, with the specific task of killing Jesse and getting Genesis back.

So:

How come the Saint's guns never miss and never need to reload?

same answer as the comic

How come the Saint's guns can kill an angel?

same answer as the comic

How come the Saint has a legendary rep back on Earth?

same answer as the comic

in-line answers in bold. And I'm not being facetious. We could have another flashback episode covering all of that.

Brilliant series - I do sometimes think they're missing out on some great scenes but I'm sure they'll adjust them and fit them in somewhere down the road. Not to mention they've added enough great moments off their own back for me to trust them with creative decisions. For example episode 2 really felt like a great moment that could've happened in the comics - they took an idea from the canon, twisted it and explored it to it's fullest. Great stuff!

I'm really enjoying this. I thought the first series was very well done and have liked the continuation.

Ep 4 spoiler chat

Spoiler

There is definitely more to Hitler than we've seen so far, I think.

I loved the fight. Very reminiscent of the church fight in Kingsman with the way it was shot and the music through it.

11 hours ago, Strategos said:

I'm struggling a bit with season two. The style has become a bit odd. The jarring cuts, cheesy freeze frames and music aren't working for me as well as season one did.

I'm the opposite. I thought season one was great but a bit saggy, season 2 has been brilliant and much pacier so far. The only show at the moment where I am genuinely gutted when the credits roll. The time seems to pass very quickly.

16 minutes ago, Vorgot said:

I'm the opposite. I thought season one was great but a bit saggy, season 2 has been brilliant and much pacier so far. The only show at the moment where I am genuinely gutted when the credits roll. The time seems to pass very quickly.

Totally agree.

On 7/7/2017 at 14:32, SeanR said:

in-line answers in bold. And I'm not being facetious. We could have another flashback episode covering all of that.

Yeah, in the comics we only had the SoK's backstory in a 4 part special separate from the main comic. I know his history was explored in S1 but not the 'recruitment' he went through.

20 hours ago, Strategos said:

I'm struggling a bit with season two. The style has become a bit odd. The jarring cuts, cheesy freeze frames and music aren't working for me as well as season one did.

Same here. I've only watched two episodes, and it's just not clicking.

I turned off halfway thru the latest episode with no intention of going back.

I half liked the first season but thought it stalled in the second half and then the ending was dire - this feels like a totally different show (not a bad thing per se) but not one I can be bothered to watch.

On 14/07/2017 at 08:14, Gotters said:

I turned off halfway thru the latest episode with no intention of going back.

I half liked the first season but thought it stalled in the second half and then the ending was dire - this feels like a totally different show (not a bad thing per se) but not one I can be bothered to watch.

Season 1 started well but then it just dragged on, went nowhere and had an odd conclusion. It was very hit and very, very miss. I'm surprised Season 2 ever got commissioned.

I've vastly preferred Season 2 though. It seems to have set along a coherent path and is fairly entertaining. 

Really enjoying season two now (up to episode 4). I thought season one was all over the place but Cassidy and even Tulip are starting to become really fun characters. Loved Cassidy's Game of Thrones bit with the casting agent, complete with soundtrack. :lol:

Really enjoyed Episode 6. The characters are finally starting to come to life this season and overall it's been a huge step up from season 1.

Tell me though comicbook readers:

Spoiler

Will there be a time where Cassidy has had enough of Jesse's shit and turns on him (complete with some super evil vampire ritual/substance which will make him immune to Genesis or whatever)?

I've been binging this over the last month, and mostly enjoyed it. I didn't really enjoy the most recent ep with the japanese company and associated gubbins springing up from nowhere.

I've not read the comics at all, so I don't really know if it's something dragged into it without explanation, but it all made no sense, and seemed to tidy a major thread away far too tidily.