Preacher: now an AMC TV show - No comic spoilers please

Vemsie

Right, time to be that person again: can we please not put spoilers that are actually storyline book spoilers that we havent fucking seen in the series yet ffs? do we need another no book spoilers addition? or can we at least put a "book spoilers" preface to any messages you put. Ta

What spoilers? As JohnC said, ep 2 is out, trailers are out and characters who may or may not arrive are all spoilered. 

This whole 'don't talk about anything because SPOILERS' is pretty silly. It's not like people are openly discussing Jesse having sex with a goat or Tulip being turned into a half man/half pig by a Wall St banker.

the shit you've posted which Sharky and Sean replied to.

You might think it's silly. Others might not want to see discussion about future shiz. Did you see the American Gods thread before the spoilers reminder? people we're going on about characters identity, and things which happen in the book. If you guys want to talk about the comic, make a fucking comic thread, it's not difficult. people should be able to come and read this thread after they've watched this weeks episode and happily be able to read through the spoilered content without any possible talk about stuff which is yet to come. or if you do want to talk about potential future shit, make your spoiler tags obviously pertaining to this. If that fair enough?

2 hours ago, Nicky said:

Right, time to be that person again: can we please not put spoilers that are actually storyline book spoilers that we havent fucking seen in the series yet ffs? do we need another no book spoilers addition? or can we at least put a "book spoilers" preface to any messages you put. Ta

Nothing is spoilt, unless you've been opening spoiler tags! ;)

57 minutes ago, Nicky said:

You might think it's silly. Others might not want to see discussion about future shiz. Did you see the American Gods thread before the spoilers reminder? people we're going on about characters identity, and things which happen in the book. If you guys want to talk about the comic, make a fucking comic thread, it's not difficult. people should be able to come and read this thread after they've watched this weeks episode and happily be able to read through the spoilered content without any possible talk about stuff which is yet to come. or if you do want to talk about potential future shit, make your spoiler tags obviously pertaining to this. If that fair enough?

*edit*

Wait, you're annoyed because you say you've been spoiled, by reading something in a spoiler tag?

To be fair to Nicky, I can kind of understand where he is coming from. I honestly don't think I've "spoiled" anything at all I mean, I've not said Vader is Luke's dad or anything but I guess if you're really stretching then you could call it a spoiler? The thing is, it's in spoiler tags and this isn't like GoT where you've had a TV series and books running concurrently and where I can understand the separation. 

I'll bow out of discussing things then.

10 hours ago, Scruff said:

I thought the best bit of the episode was

Reveal hidden contents

the treasure chest in the fish tank opening and closing in teh background when Cassidy was asking Jesse about his mother's family. Wonder if we'll see Jody and TC this season? 

Spoiler

Having now watched this, yeah, they're totally going to go there.

Ep 2 spoilers

I get the feeling they are being quite successful at sticking to the spirit of the comic, even when they clearly have to be adding in a lot of scenes and sub-plots to make it fit the format of an ongoing TV series. 

Like Jesse ordering the cop to mace himself in the balls, definitely something comic Jesse would have done. Likewise Fiore's stint as a cabaret magician. The look of horror on his assistant's face as he played his part in the "act" was a nice touch. 

In some places I wasn't so sure though - when Jesse has the small posse of townpeople squaring up to the Saint with assault rifles and RPGs - did he use the "word" to arrange that ? (my attention might have lapsed for a moment before it all kicked off) - because I am not sure comic Jesse would have been so free and easy with innocent civilian lives. Or did I misunderstand that scene? (I know he tells them to run, and looks upset when they don't move quick enough - but it would still be a dick move if he ordered them to take on the Saint on his behalf). 

Like JP says, there was a couple of shots of the notice board and has something like 'association of gun lovers' convention on there or something.

I never thought I'd say it, but I'm glad they're pretty much only referencing the comic with characters and possibly easter eggs. The comic was a product of its time and I've been quite impressed with how they've adapted the story, despite being a massive hater on the project since it was announced.

Still wish they'd have Cass in sunglasses more often though ;) 

22 hours ago, Nicky said:

[citation needed]

2 hours ago, Anne Summers said:

I get the feeling they are being quite successful at sticking to the spirit of the comic, even when they clearly have to be adding in a lot of scenes and sub-plots to make it fit the format of an ongoing TV series. 

Like Jesse ordering the cop to mace himself in the balls, definitely something comic Jesse would have done.

Spoiler

Likewise Fiore's stint as a cabaret magician. The look of horror on his assistant's face as he played his part in the "act" was a nice touch. 

In some places I wasn't so sure though -

Spoiler

when Jesse has the small posse of townpeople squaring up to the Saint with assault rifles and RPGs - did he use the "word" to arrange that ?

(my attention might have lapsed for a moment before it all kicked off) - because I am not sure comic Jesse would have been so

Spoiler

free and easy with innocent civilian lives. Or did I misunderstand that scene? (I know he tells them to run, and looks upset when they don't move quick enough - but it would still be a dick move if he ordered them to take on the Saint on his behalf). 

Are these episode 2 spoilers?

What the fuck dude!?!

3 hours ago, Anne Summers said:

Ep 2 spoilers

Hide contents

Like Jesse ordering the cop to mace himself in the balls, definitely something comic Jesse would have done. Likewise Fiore's stint as a cabaret magician. The look of horror on his assistant's face as he played his part in the "act" was a nice touch. 

In some places I wasn't so sure though - when Jesse has the small posse of townpeople squaring up to the Saint with assault rifles and RPGs - did he use the "word" to arrange that ? (my attention might have lapsed for a moment before it all kicked off) - because I am not sure comic Jesse would have been so free and easy with innocent civilian lives. Or did I misunderstand that scene? (I know he tells them to run, and looks upset when they don't move quick enough - but it would still be a dick move if he ordered them to take on the Saint on his behalf). 

Spoiler

They heard gun fire and came running - the camera lingered on a sign saying something about a gun lovers convention. 

Jesse then used the word to say "stop him" and then, when that failed, he used it to tell them to run, but it was too late. 

2 minutes ago, Doctor Shark said:

Hide contents

They heard gun fire and came running - the camera lingered on a sign saying something about a gun lovers convention. 

Jesse then used the word to say "stop him" and then, when that failed, he used it to tell them to run, but it was too late. 

Ah, right, I guess I missed the thing that said they were gun lovers. Although I remember it now, from earlier in the episode. 

I guess it does make it slightly more palatable that Jesse would order innocent civilians into a certain death situation, if they were gun nuts - that's pretty in-line with the tone of the comic, and the show up until now, I guess). 

It does ask a lot of patience for the casual viewer, for example in this episode I kept thinking 

Spoiler

Where's the cowboy? Why didn't he turn up and kill everyone when Jesse said stop?

And while I'm thinking that loads of new mad shit happens.

Also sitting down with dinner to watch episode 3 was an error.

1 hour ago, Pete said:

It does ask a lot of patience for the casual viewer, for example in this episode I kept thinking 

Hide contents

Where's the cowboy? Why didn't he turn up and kill everyone when Jesse said stop?

And while I'm thinking that loads of new mad shit happens.

Also sitting down with dinner to watch episode 3 was an error.

regarding the spoiler.

1 hour ago, _Pow_ said:

I can't get past Jesse looking like a chubby hipster :(

I can't get over him being the chubby hipster from mamma mia who used to hang around with my sister and her friends...