Preacher: now an AMC TV show - No comic spoilers please

Vemsie

On 08/10/2016 at 01:04, BitterToad said:

Has a comic readers thread for this even been discussed? Just thought I'd go back through the thread after watching the first few episodes to see if people's opinions matched my own and @K seems to completely ruin something assuming everyone's read the comic before the second ep had aired. 

Whether they stick to it in the show or not it's kind of annoying and I'll probably avoid discussing the show in here because of it. Loving it thus far, though...

Sorry about that. I assumed it was fair game because that's part of the setup of the comic - i.e. it happens at the start of the first issue, I didn't think it was any more a of a spoiler than revealing that Jesse has the voice of god, or that Cassidy is a vampire.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I hope they sort out the pacing this time round. I enjoyed the series, but it seemed to run at one of two speeds - 100mph, or completely stationary. Episodes were either rammed with incident and plot development, or nothing happened at all. 

• 4 weeks later...

Pleased to see that..

The Saint of Killers has caught up with them already. I mean, no doubt they'll escape, but I was worried it'd be a few episodes before they even encountered each other. I reckon every time Jesse uses Genesis it gives the SOK a way to hone in on him, and the SOK has only been questioning people as to his whereabouts in case Jesse figures it out.

20 minutes ago, SeanR said:

you know, the saint of killers never misses, right?

pretty sure he missed a few last night. ducking out the way isn't a viable get-out in this situation.

He never missed when shooting the cops. When he shot at Jessie etc he suddenly turned into a Stormtrooper.

Also I'm pretty sure in the advert for the magician that was briefly on TV in the background that said magician was the taller one of the angels.

I thought the best bit of the episode was

the treasure chest in the fish tank opening and closing in teh background when Cassidy was asking Jesse about his mother's family. Wonder if we'll see Jody and TC this season? 

2 hours ago, Chadruharazzeb said:

Reveal hidden contents

He never missed when shooting the cops. When he shot at Jessie etc he suddenly turned into a Stormtrooper.

Also I'm pretty sure in the advert for the magician that was briefly on TV in the background that said magician was the taller one of the angels.

indeed

1 hour ago, Scruff said:

I thought the best bit of the episode was

Reveal hidden contents

the treasure chest in the fish tank opening and closing in teh background when Cassidy was asking Jesse about his mother's family. Wonder if we'll see Jody and TC this season? 

1 hour ago, cassidy said:

Well in the same scene Jessie mentioned them and the music took an ominous turn. 

It's such an integral part of Jesse's character that they can't not do it, really, although the extent to which they go into it will be interesting!

7 minutes ago, Doctor Shark said:

It's such an integral part of Jesse's character that they can't not do it, really, although the extent to which they go into it will be interesting!

you mean

Spoiler

the beastiality?