Preacher: now an AMC TV show - No comic spoilers please

Vemsie

I really didn't get on with the first half of episode 1, seemed pretty slow to start then it just went all kinds of batshit insane and has been great. Pretty annoyed yesterday when I realised there had only been 2 episodes so far! :lol:

I never thought I'd say this but fuck I'm so bored watching this show. I understand they are going down the Walking Dead/GoT route of slow slow slow last two episodes of excitement but honestly the fourth episode was bloody dull. 

9 hours ago, Captain LeChuck said:

This. 

The first two episodes were great, but just what the fucking fuck have the last two episodes given us? The plot has not moved one fucking millimetre. And they changed Jesse's dad's character quite remarkably. 

Unless the next episode blows my cock off, I'm probably done. I wonder what the viewing figures are like, I can't be the only one feeling like this. For fuck's sake, just get the fuck on with it. 

Completely agree, it feels like the show is designed to be binge watched, waiting a week for the next episode and then having nothing happen is quite frustrating, especially for someone who has not read the comics.

3 hours ago, aaronlivo said:

Completely agree, it feels like the show is designed to be binge watched, waiting a week for the next episode and then having nothing happen is quite frustrating, especially for someone who has not read the comics.

I think it's more frustrating as someone who *has* read the comics, as I keep wondering WTF isn't there any progression.

7 minutes ago, Scribblor said:

Yeah. To be honest, I'm not really enjoying the comic much at all. 

I'm the same, tbh. It's ok. Very 90s. Hate the artwork. I too prefer the show so far. For reference, I've read up to the point where Jesse and Cassidy leave France, dunno how many issues that is but it's basically the first two collected books. 

Yeah. I'm not a fan of the artwork either. The sexism and homophobia are off-putting. It seems to be foul mouthed and violent for the sake of it. Character development is badly handled. The plots are rubbish too.

If I'd read it when it came out, I'd have absolutely adored it. But twenty years later, it's leaving me cold.

I find that the tv show has more warmth, humour, more intriguing plot strands, and the focus being more on the characters of Annville rather than on the wider plot is more interesting to me.

Just a personal opinion though, obviously.