Games TM hints at mystery Virtual Console title.

Liquid Myth

Gunmen and trampolines made me think of Earthworm Jim for some reason.

Could it be a cancelled Earthworm Jim game? Maybe an arcade version?

Although it doesn't fit all the clues, my hope is a Lucas Arts adventure game not seen outside of PC like monkey island (although Monkey Island did get to Mega CD if I remember right.)

No it wasn't bullshit, but the source is not ready to officially announce the news. I'm going to chase it up again today. It's not a console game though. Well it is, but it started off life as a computer game.

Maniac Mansion??? Or have we had that guess already? :)

Maniac Mansion??? Or have we had that guess already? :unsure:

I think the reason Ash made the original hint was because either myself or gamesTM were going to run the story the following month. Sadly we've heard nothing from the company concerned yet, and while no NDA were signed I don't think it's right to release their news until we've been given official confirmation.

Oh and it's not Impossible Mission (but you're on the right track)

I think the reason Ash made the original hint was because either myself or gamesTM were going to run the story the following month. Sadly we've heard nothing from the company concerned yet, and while no NDA were signed I don't think it's right to release their news until we've been given official confirmation.

Oh and it's not Impossible Mission (but you're on the right track)

Hmm, is this related to the System 3 buy-up of Epyx assets? (According to wikipedia)

strange that after my post, i got a smiley face from Ash and Strider saying it has been guessed in this thread, 2 posts after... Obviously saying "going back through them someone has guessed it" as a decoy.

(or maybe im looking too much into it)

It's blatantly Flashback 2. It fits all the clues.

Putty Squad was released on SNES and amiga.

nah im pretty sure it never came out on amiga.. Amiga Power reviewed it, and then it got cancelled.

Flashback 2 would be better though!

EDIT: Looking at that link a few further posts up, yeah i think your right.

No no - an actual flashback 2, in 2D, rotorscoping, etc. was made. Nothing to do with the souless 3D follow on FTB.

I think origanlly it was to be a Mega CD release, then got shoved onto GBA (and was finshed) but then for some reason never came out.

It looked great - a straight continuation of the first. But it had a lot of girlie flowers everywhere - they were garish and smelly. I hope the delay is to remove them.