IGNORED

A thread for PS3 owners Here

Hello Goaty ♥

It was put on the Japanese store, though. As for US/Europe, mayhap they figured that the Essential Collection would be enough ? (and they wouldn't have necessarily been wrong, after all I bought one of these).

I know it was on the Japanese store- before MGS4 in fact. It just made sense to release it on the PSN in the west when MGS4 came out. Anyone who's played the 4th Metal Gear knows why you'd want to play it as well. If you looked around forum wanted folders then loads of people were looking for the original

And as far as I know I don't think it was released in Europe. Besides its missing the point of impulse purchase over a digital network.

Less then 1 hour till PS3 Outrun mayhem!!!

erm, actually, no clue how to set it up...

I've set a thread up in online, and it's getting a good early response:

http://www.rllmukforum.com/index.php?showtopic=205812

I'll be able to make it for closer to 9:30, and as games are limited to 6 players per race, it's probably best to set up a few different games. Looking forward to it though. :)

Uk PSN update up. You know I said about EA being the only publisher really bothering with psone games? Well they put two up this week - Future cop LAPD and er. Championship Bass :wub:

The other updates:

Penny Arcade Episode 2

Red faction Demo

UFC2009 demo

Some Godfather expansions (paid)

LBP Creator Pack 1 - tutorials (free)

LBP Hevaenly Sword Level kit - £2.39

Mahjong tales booster pack (£3.19)

Midnight club vehicle pack (£2.39)

Saints Row 2 expansion (£6.29)

Smackdown vs Raw roster pack2 (£3.19)

Smackdown vs Raw Roster Pack 3 (free, needed to play packs 1 and 2 online)

HAWX expansion (£3.99)

trailers for Battlefield 1943, inFamous, Bayonetta, Pixeljunk Eden Encore (plus seperate Encore wallpaper and theme - all free)

Why are PS1 classics so limited on the PSN Store I wonder? Living in the US, its even worse here, I don't think we've even had a PS1 game released on the store this year.

Also, given that they took away BC (although I do have a BC PS3), why are Sony not releasing "PS2 classics" on the PSN Store, recompiled for the PS3 like they have done with the Xbox360?

A lot of missed opportunities here I think.

Also, given that they took away BC (although I do have a BC PS3), why are Sony not releasing "PS2 classics" on the PSN Store, recompiled for the PS3 like they have done with the Xbox360?

The 360's 'Xbox Originals' are just ISOs, really. They run off the software backwards compatibility — which Microsoft seem to have given up on updating, understandably — same as a disk copy. I'm sure Sony will release some downloadable PS2 games at some point, but first they'll either have to find a way to add software emulation to all PS3 models or port individual titles, neither of which I imagine to be much of a priority given that PS2s are still readily available on store shelves.

Uk PSN update up. You know I said about EA being the only publisher really bothering with psone games? Well they put two up this week - Future cop LAPD and er. Championship Bass <_<

The other updates:

Penny Arcade Episode 2

Red faction Demo

UFC2009 demo

Some Godfather expansions (paid)

LBP Creator Pack 1 - tutorials (free)

LBP Hevaenly Sword Level kit - £2.39

Mahjong tales booster pack (£3.19)

Midnight club vehicle pack (£2.39)

Saints Row 2 expansion (£6.29)

Smackdown vs Raw roster pack2 (£3.19)

Smackdown vs Raw Roster Pack 3 (free, needed to play packs 1 and 2 online)

HAWX expansion (£3.99)

trailers for Battlefield 1943, inFamous, Bayonetta, Pixeljunk Eden Encore (plus seperate Encore wallpaper and theme - all free)

Future Cop LAPD you say?

I'm off now to buy it. One of my favourite PS1 games :)

Why are PS1 classics so limited on the PSN Store I wonder? Living in the US, its even worse here, I don't think we've even had a PS1 game released on the store this year.

Wasn't Suikoden released like a couple of months back?

After realising that I am much more inclined to play a game if it is sat on the system itself instead of messing around swapping disks I downloaded the Burnout Paradise Ultimate Box off PSN last night even though it costs £5 more than a boxed copy costs online which is pretty scandalous really. The game itself was a 3.5GB download and once it was downloaded and had been installed I still had to wait for another hour to play it because the game on the PSN store was not the latest version and I still had to download the 1.7 update to play it. Surely it can't be that hard for Sony to pre-patch the game on their system so I don't have to do it once I've downloaded it?

After realising that I am much more inclined to play a game if it is sat on the system itself instead of messing around swapping disks I downloaded the Burnout Paradise Ultimate Box off PSN last night even though it costs £5 more than a boxed copy costs online which is pretty scandalous really. The game itself was a 3.5GB download and once it was downloaded and had been installed I still had to wait for another hour to play it because the game on the PSN store was not the latest version and I still had to download the 1.7 update to play it. Surely it can't be that hard for Sony to pre-patch the game on their system so I don't have to do it once I've downloaded it?

I know what you are saying, but Burnout updates a lot. It's not entirely practical.

Crossover.

Infamous looks like it's going to be lost in the firing line of Prototype*, so the lead character has been replaced with Nathan Drake to excite the NeoGaf crowd.

* May not be true.

.::: inFAMOUS save will unlock its main character in Uncharted 2 its including powers. Something like that I suppose.

Though that would sadly confirm my suspicions that the lightning in inFAMOUS is just a 'differently shaped gun'. (Though I'm at a loss why I find that depressing for that game, while Crackdown did the actual gun thing and was superb...)

.::: Uncharted 2 multiplayer!? Oh dear... I feel Echoes welling up...

I can't say I'm entirely sold on the idea either — even if it's great, how long will players stick around? — but there's no real reason Uncharted couldn't work as a multiplayer game. It would essentially be Gears of War but with verticality, whereas seemingly the only reason Echoes had a competitive mode is because it was in first-person.

As for inFAMOUS, I reckon it's going to surprise a lot of people. I'm not really basing that on anything, I just have a feeling that it's going to turn out really well despite the rather suspect showings it's made so far. (I suppose it helps that I couldn't be less interested in Prototype.)

I'm pretty sure that inFAMOUS will be a damn decent game. Sucker Punch are a great, very underrated developer who are consistently very good. I'm personally more interested in Prototype but I'll be buying both of these in June, love my sandbox games. With these 2, Batman and Ghostbusters all being released in June I can't see there being much of a summer drought for games this year!

I can't say I'm entirely sold on the idea either — even if it's great, how long will players stick around? — but there's no real reason Uncharted couldn't work as a multiplayer game. It would essentially be Gears of War but with verticality, whereas seemingly the only reason Echoes had a competitive mode is because it was in first-person.

.::: Hopefully. But sticking MP-modes to single player games is a bit iffy imo... It certainly didn't do Metroid any favours and just like that game, makes you wonder if the dev time for a MP-mode could have been used to make the single player better. Not saying it'll turn out shit, but if there's going to be a problem in the single player, the multiplayer will instantly get flak for it. More so if it's a simple deathmatch affair.

I don't suppose we are getting some kind of shoot-ish obstacle course race, eh? I'd love something like an "Uncharted Fort Boyard", but I'm very afraid we are getting SOCOM in different clothing...

I'm pretty sure that inFAMOUS will be a damn decent game. Sucker Punch are a great, very underrated developer who are consistently very good. I'm personally more interested in Prototype but I'll be buying both of these in June, love my sandbox games. With these 2, Batman and Ghostbusters all being released in June I can't see there being much of a summer drought for games this year!

Swap Prototype for Red Faction: Guerilla and we're on the same page. Not that the former will be a bad game, it simply does nothing for me; I suppose it's a Spider-Man over Superman type of thing.

I don't suppose we are getting some kind of shoot-ish obstacle course race, eh? I'd love something like an "Uncharted Fort Boyard", but I'm very afraid we are getting SOCOM in different clothing...

I imagine it'll be a fairly token deathmatch/"Please don't trade the game in!" mode, yeah. But like you say the scope's there for them to do something interesting, so you never know. As long as the singleplayer gets the loving¹ it deserves anything else is just a bonus.

¹And v-sync.