rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Hello Goaty ♥

A thread for PS3 owners Here

Any reviews for the PSN Ratchet out yet?

It's basically a bit more of the same. So if you enjoyed TOD then go for it.

This may be a daft question....but do downloads stop if you stick a DD on/play an offline game?

If so.....that is very inconvenient.

It depends what you're doing. Most games offline don't stop downloads. PS2 games do. Now you can view the XMB just check when you're next in a game if the download has stopped.

This may be a daft question....but do downloads stop if you stick a DD on/play an offline game?

No. I sat and watched Escape From New York while one of my downloads ran and came back to it at over 40%.

Jesus...downloading the new Ratchet and it's going at a snail's pace. I thought my ISP had sorted out their problems with the PSN.

Makes it worse that it's over 3 gig :)

Going to take all bloody night at this rate.

Jesus...downloading the new Ratchet and it's going at a snail's pace. I thought my ISP had sorted out their problems with the PSN.

It has taken a couple of hours for the update to Everybody's Golf to d/l, I have Ratchet to get now. This is pretty slow by anybody's standards.

Are you on virgin?

The Star Wars Unleashed demo which is 950 meg took 6 minutes on xbox live, but BC : Rearmed which I had to download twice (demo and full game) both took over half an hour each over different days for 370 meg. Is it a port or DNS thing or something?

Are you on virgin?

The Star Wars Unleashed demo which is 950 meg took 6 minutes on xbox live, but BC : Rearmed which I had to download twice (demo and full game) both took over half an hour each over different days for 370 meg. Is it a port or DNS thing or something?

I'm on BE. About three months ago everyone seemed to suffer really slow downloads on them but it had seemed to right itself.

Ah, IT&F should give me an opportunity to get some more use out of that old spare Sixaxis pad I've left lying around somewhere.

I think my PS3 has just died. :)

I was playing BC:R, it crashed and the screen got some white lines all over it. Then I turned the machine off and when I turned it back on the screen stayed black! No luck using my crappy composite lead eithers so it's not just an issue with the HDMI port. I can't turn it off using the power switch on the front either.

To make things worse, it's a US machine so I don't know what I can so if I contact Sony. What are my options guys?

Anyone bought Driver off PSN yet?

Does the rumble feature work on Playstation games bought off PSN?

To make things worse, it's a US machine so I don't know what I can so if I contact Sony. What are my options guys?

Contact Sony UK anyway and say you bought it while living in the USA perhaps? It's a region free machine so I would have thought there would be some way to get it repaired out of region. You may have to pay Sony to fix it.

Try for the free repair first, lie if necessary, but they may stick to their guns and charge you. If you get some clueless twat ask to speak to the manager.

Contact Sony UK anyway and say you bought it while living in the USA perhaps? It's a region free machine so I would have thought there would be some way to get it repaired out of region. You may have to pay Sony to fix it.

Try for the free repair first, lie if necessary, but they may stick to their guns and charge you. If you get some clueless twat ask to speak to the manager.

They didnt want to know when i contacted them, good luck.

It's a region free machine so I would have thought there would be some way to get it repaired out of region.

It's region locked for Blu-Ray playback, DVD playback, and all PS1 and 2 software, so Sony can't just fix it up and stick it on the Refurb pile for the next customer to get. Don't expect miracles.

A generous friend has given me a PS Eye. Was any of the software for that any cop?

Eye of Judgment is worth a look.

As Spacehost said above: Sony really aren't to blame for that. They do and have done a lot of things wrong which they can be criticised for but this certainly isn't one of them.

This company does console repairs and they recently featured in the latest issue of Retro Gamer magazine:

Link

You would probably have to email and ask if they would repair a PS3 though.