IGNORED

A thread for PS3 owners Here

Hello Goaty ♥

The whole download-and-then-install thing for PSN games and demos is shit. I don't think anyone sane would debate that. It's not even like they're compressed or something to speed up download: the file ends up the same size.

Firmware updates I have no issue with: as a rule they're like one a month or so, and they take maybe 10 minutes, and you get new features. I just hate when (as has happened a couple of times) they seem to rush one out and break a few other things.

Game installs seem to vary from the understandable to the inexcusable (DMC4, Everybody's Golf.)

Also, all the blacks on my telly seem to be very dark whilst playing PS3 games, is there a fix for this? (samsung lcd telly)

There's a setting in display options that will change your RGB range between "full" and "limited". People complaining about washed-out colours should set that to Full, and those complaining about over-saturation (ie you) should switch it to Limited.

That's also a tip for the guy a page or so back saying his telly's scaler was washing out the colours.

Thanks Mike, will try this out tonight, and I have only just found about about the 'Earth Visualizor' type thingy!

The Earth Visualiser is awesome. I really like it when the Sun drifts into view, and it actually seems so bright, it makes you squint.

You might wanna try adjusting your TV settings as well. The PS3 looked pretty crap on mine until I had adjusted it nicely.

Yeah, I'd set mine up (I thought) quite nicely, and then I saw someone else's HD set, and realised I'd bleached all the colours out.

Has anybody else got a HDMI>DVI cable?

Do they work properly?

I've got one to connect to my PC monitor but I don't see anything, it's all just black.

The output is there though, as the monitor doesn't switch back to the VGA input.

There's a setting in display options that will change your RGB range between "full" and "limited". People complaining about washed-out colours should set that to Full, and those complaining about over-saturation (ie you) should switch it to Limited.

That's also a tip for the guy a page or so back saying his telly's scaler was washing out the colours.

Awesome - mine is set to full and it's over saturated. I'll also have to try out that Earth Visualiser.

:)

Has anybody else got a HDMI>DVI cable?

Do they work properly?

I've got one to connect to my PC monitor but I don't see anything, it's all just black.

The output is there though, as the monitor doesn't switch back to the VGA input.

Does the monitor support HDCP?

Anyone else notice that yesterday the PS store seemed to has been running very quick. Only had my ps3 a week or so but it was certainly rapid last night.

Hopefully a sign of things to come!

Link does nothing....

I've never had a problem with speeds on PSN but if it's gonna improve it'll be with this update. I don't think it will though.

By the sound of it they need to eliminate the problems that cause the slow speeds which I assume are down to router settings or routers themselves.

I connected my iPod to my PS3 but it does not let me see or play any of the music. Help?

just check under the sound setting in the XMB, cause I think you have to enable something in there (similar to WMA)

I may be wrong though.

I connected my iPod to my PS3 but it does not let me see or play any of the music. Help?

If you press triangle (I think) on your iPod and select 'show all' you should be able to browse your iPod's directories, your music is hidden somewhere in there. Not ideal, certainly.

I have a question myself, when viewing albums via DLNA - is there anyway to get the PS3 to sort your music by track number rather than alphabetically? Weirdly if you copy the album to the PS3 it then displays correctly by track number.

I have a question myself, when viewing albums via DLNA - is there anyway to get the PS3 to sort your music by track number rather than alphabetically? Weirdly if you copy the album to the PS3 it then displays correctly by track number.

I suspect that's either a tagging issue or something in the settings of your DLNA server (whichever you're using), simply because my server and PS3 do that perfectly well.

I suspect that's either a tagging issue or something in the settings of your DLNA server (whichever you're using), simply because my server and PS3 do that perfectly well.

I'm using WM11, haven't yet found DNLA settings - the whole things a bit flaky at times. PC-wise, is there anything better for streaming to PS3?