IGNORED

Winter car boot

Cecil Kay

Got a nice boxed Game Gear and some other stuff.

However, was most pleased, in fact over the moon, with a superb cast iron fireplace :lol: Haggled him down to just £22. So pleased with it. Will look fantastic when I've stripped and polished it. Woohoo. Booting, I love you.

Dordogne044.jpg

My fairly recent best picks are;

Saturn + 2 MD's + Games 10.00 GBP

Gamegear TV Tuner 2.50 GBP

Mint unboxed Xbox 20 GBP

2 Dreamcasts with 4 controllers, 2 vmu's and 20 games 28 GBP

NES + boxed duck hunt, tennis and mario bros 8 GBP

Music

Beatles Blue and Red Albums 50p each

2 Original Metallica LP's 75p each

Last few weeks though, one guy has just been approaching every car as it pulls up thus wiping the place of anything and everything retro. I overheard him shouting to his mate that he did been back to his car 5 times already :rolleyes:

My fairly recent best picks are;

Saturn + 2 MD's + Games 10.00 GBP

Gamegear TV Tuner 2.50 GBP

Mint unboxed Xbox 20 GBP

2 Dreamcasts with 4 controllers, 2 vmu's and 20 games 28 GBP

NES + boxed duck hunt, tennis and mario bros 8 GBP

Music

Beatles Blue and Red Albums 50p each

2 Original Metallica LP's 75p each

Last few weeks though, one guy has just been approaching every car as it pulls up thus wiping the place of anything and everything retro. I overheard him shouting to his mate that he did been back to his car 5 times already :rolleyes:

This sort of thing is annoying but you either have to live with it, or start doing it yourself! Watch his face when you go to the car infront of the one he's tackling!

I went to a boot sale in Dorset over the summer and the guy that collects the money on the gate was asking people, as he also had his own videogames stall. Every car he'd say 'Got any DVDs, games, or mobile phones?'

Surprisingly, I didn't get a lot.

This sort of thing is annoying but you either have to live with it, or start doing it yourself! Watch his face when you go to the car infront of the one he's tackling!

I went to a boot sale in Dorset over the summer and the guy that collects the money on the gate was asking people, as he also had his own videogames stall. Every car he'd say 'Got any DVDs, games, or mobile phones?'

Surprisingly, I didn't get a lot.

Pretty much the end of the season now, and I've done quite well I suppose this year.

I'm not sure that asking everyone means you get anything decent, I've seen the local muppets running around, and if anything they have done worse than me.

Went car booting today; what a waste of time.

Got there really early, asked almost every car if they had any computer games or records for sale, and no-one had any. In most cases, I was first to the car as well, so its not like someone beat me to it.

Trying another one next weekend, if that doesn't yield any results, i'm sticking with local table tops, 2nd hand days at market etc and getting some rest on a sunday instead!

Went car booting today; what a waste of time.

Got there really early, asked almost every car if they had any computer games or records for sale, and no-one had any. In most cases, I was first to the car as well, so its not like someone beat me to it.

Trying another one next weekend, if that doesn't yield any results, i'm sticking with local table tops, 2nd hand days at market etc and getting some rest on a sunday instead!

Hey T Bone where are you going now? I didnt think there were any on in the area atm. Try Leeds out door market (im sure you already do) it can be a gold mine sometimes! I found a boxed saturn 3d pad with nights for £5, I was gonna keep it for myself but popped into GS to see how much they were offering........£25!!!! I couldnt say no to that, picked another one up now anyway. also got resi directors cut for a couple of quid which was nice and also earthworm jim for the MD for pure EWJ awesomeness. I passed up a boxed lethal enforcers with gun for the MCD for £3 the other day, i just couldnt be bothered with it.

I am going down York way now erhgiez, the nearest one to us is in Leeds reasonably near the centre I think.

Good finds at the market - which days do you usually go down there looking? I usually check down there on mondays....

I picked up Perfect Dark, Mario Kart, Sonic Adventure Battle 2 and House of the Dead 2 down there the other week for a tenner.

I presume your boxed saturn nights and pad is the one in the window at Gamestation for 35 quid then?