It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia!

Just finished watchign the first 4 seasons. Absolutely brilliant :( Agree that season 4 wasnt as good as the others but it definitely had its moments. 'Dennis looks like a convicted sex offender' :) And lets not forget Charlie & Mac in the office, when Charlie has his freak out over PEPE SILVA!!!

• 11 months later...

Bestest show. I've found getting hold of episodes of the new series to be a nightmare though. :(

NZBs and USENET. Never had an issue.

I held off this show for ages as a mate from Philadelphia recommended it to me and I stupidly thought his view would be tainted by local pride.

Because its the greatest US comedy since Arrested Development. Plus the characters are pretty realistic compared to the twee rubbish you find in the likes of Friends or Two & Half Men etc. Series 1 is a bit hit & miss, but once Frank comes aboard on Series 2 it's non-stop laughs all the way.

Its greatest strength is it holds up to multiple views, often with small details only appearing on rewatches.

Top, top show - can't recomend it strongly enough!!!!

• Upvote 1

Demonstrate value

Engage physically

Nurture dependence

Neglect emotionally

Inspire hope

Separate entirely

:lol: Some amazing episodes but it's just so hard to explain some things to people who don't watch it, like Charlie (I just couldn't stop laughing with the teeth!!)

• Upvote 2
  • 4 weeks later...

Amazing episode :D The return of Lil Kev from all those years ago :lol: And Cutty, too. I love that they just randomly set up their DJ equipment in the hospital waiting room. :lol: And the crack pipe during the slow mo :lol: The sewer conversation at the start :lol: So many lol's. Anyone notice the lingering shot of Mac(aka the real father of the baby) with the gigantic smile on his face as Dee was being brought out? I thought it was really sweet :wub: Probably the most sweetly sincere thing that's ever happened in this show. It only lasted about 5 seconds but it was a wonderful moment. And the cute picture of the baby yawning at the end. :wub: Awwww. I think next weeks episode is just last years DVD christmas special. It has the same episode title, anyway. It never aired on FX, and it will be highly edited too, sooooooo, that's it for another year. After a slightly rocky start it turned out to be an amazing season. It had some of the best episodes the show ever did.

:lol: Some amazing episodes but it's just so hard to explain some things to people who don't watch it, like Charlie (I just couldn't stop laughing with the teeth!!)

We're not helped by there being no region 2 DVD release and, seemingly, no ETA for such a release. So I can't rent it and if I want to buy I have to import! I don't like to pirate unless I have no choice but starting to see few other options in this case.

Anyone notice the lingering shot of Mac(aka the real father of the baby) with the gigantic smile on his face as Dee was being brought out? I thought it was really sweet :wub: Probably the most sweetly sincere thing that's ever happened in this show. It only lasted about 5 seconds but it was a wonderful moment.

Yeah, that was a nice touch, especially as you knew while watching that they were going to work pretty hard to restore the usual tone before the end.