Has no one ever player a game, got to a bit they couldn't do then never gone back to it?

Bit OT Im currently like that with Mario & Luigi Partners in time... started it 2 months back but stupid bitch at the end kicks my arse to high heaven! havent gone back to it since :wub:

I haven't played it, but I don't believe you.

He's right. Although the DualShock's analogue sticks have a large dead zone, it was never a problem in TimeSplitters, perhaps due to the way aiming was handled.

I can't believe they're still using convex rubber on them. Don't they know we're all sweaty nerds?! :wub:

Sony's controllers are bad enough to stop me buying certain genres altogether for their console. I won't buy PS2 driving games or platformers, or anything that's multiformat that uses analogue sticks. And it's one of the main reasons why I haven't bought a PSP and probably never will do.

O/\O

Call me a fanboy but it was the rubbish controllers that prevented me purchasing a Playstation, or a PS2 or a Xbox or Dreamcast.

For the next generation due to controller design there really are only two contenders for my money the 360 and the Wii

Call me a fanboy but it was the rubbish controllers that prevented me purchasing a Playstation, or a PS2 or a Xbox or Dreamcast.

A bit over the top, no? I dislike the DS2 as much as most but not enough to stop me buying a PS2. That'd be crazy.

The DC controller wasn't the best either, but I hope you're not bundling the DC arcade stick in with that. The DC arcade stick kicks some serious arse.

Depends on how it was filled in. Are we talking Xbox d-pad level of 'one'-ness?

Well having it filled in would at least put it some way towards having a pad which matches the comfort and effectiveness of any Nintendo console d-pad. Even the tiny Micro pad is leagues ahead of the Dual Shock one for playing SFA3. The next step beyond that is making it one circular piece. There's a good reason Capcom made that d-pad topper for the PSP that shape, and it's the reason why why the special edition Street Fighter pads were Saturn pad replicas.

The problem with the 360 pad is that there's far too much movement, it slides about a ridiculous amount and it's not clicky enough. It just doesn't feel digital.

Well having it filled in would at least put it some way towards having a pad which matches the comfort and effectiveness of any Nintendo console d-pad.

I already find it comfortable, thanks. And the Xbox d-pad is possibly the worst I have ever used, so I'll pass on the 'filling it in' idea completely, if you don't mind.

I already find it comfortable, thanks. And the Xbox d-pad is possibly the worst I have ever used, so I'll pass on the 'filling it in' idea completely, if you don't mind.

The Xbox d-pad isn't shit because it's filled in, you know. It's just a shit d-pad.

I just can't fathom how someone could find playing something requiring very fast movements across a pad with a big hole in it more comfortable than one without. The filled in corners just make diagonal sweeps much easier, and it doesn't become as painful as it does without.

Like I said before, playing Street Fighter EX on the original Dual Shock fucking destroyed my thumb. It's just not designed for that sort of movement.

The Xbox d-pad isn't shit because it's filled in, you know. It's just a shit d-pad.

Well since I (apparently) have no way of knowing what a 'filled-in dual shock d-pad' would be like to use, why even ask me?

I just can't fathom how someone could find playing something requiring very fast movements across a pad with a big hole in it more comfortable than one without. The filled in corners just make diagonal sweeps much easier, and it doesn't become as painful as it does without.

Well, sorry, I don't agree. I suffer no such pain from using it, and I prefer the accuracy of having separated segments.

I just can't see the point with this new pad.

With the Wii , its a new concept, totally different to anything else out there, developers are tied into using this new system as they have lilttle choice.

With the PS3 pad, its more of an addon, its the same old pad, but can also do the extra stuff... I really cant see many developers making proper use of it, especially as with the PS3 all the attention is on HD gfx, so the majority of time is going to spent on those ratheer than adding in some twist and tilt functionality.

Try playing SFII (or any number of XBLA games) the 360 D-pad it is by far the worst I have ever used! Closely followed by the PSP :lol:

Not buying a machine because you dilsike it's controller is clearly mad! I'm sorry you feel that way you've missed out on a lot of great games.

Well since I (apparently) have no way of knowing what a 'filled-in dual shock d-pad' would be like to use, why even ask me?

Because it would be like this - the same, but without a hole and some extra corners that you have to run your thumb across. Instantly better, in other words. It doesn't matter if you think the current one is 'fine', that would, inarguably, be better. Unless you're a "cack-handed mong".

Because it would be like this - the same, but without a hole and some extra corners that you have to run your thumb across. Instantly better, in other words. It doesn't matter if you think the current one is 'fine', that would, inarguably, be better. Unless you're a "cack-handed mong".

It's not inarguable, as I would argue it. It wouldn't be better. Why is it so hard to accept that I don't agree with you?