rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
mindgames

Your Halloween Top 3

The Empire website is doing its writers top 3 films for Halloween. So rather than discuss it in their shitty forum I thought we could do it in here!

1. American Werewolf in London
    One of my top 3 films, funny, nasty and tits.
  2. Halloween 3
    Absolutely bonkers, not related to any of the other films either for some reason. And THAT TV advert...shudder
  3. Ringu
    Just to make sure I wont be sleeping that night :lol:

POST URS PLZ (even if you arent actually going to watch anything!)

1. The Descent - genuinely terrifying, with a wonderful score to boot

2. The Thing - one of Carpenter's finest

3. The Texas Chainsaw Massacre - powerful stuff

Also, that Simpsons episode with James Earl Jones' reading of The Raven. It's something of a tradition for some reason.

The original 1963 version of 'The Haunting' the best scares are left up your imagination...

Ooh, good call. Havent seen it in some time, proper scared me though.

As for Halloween Simpsons, The Fly spoof always makes me laugh with the little Bart-Fly tricking the spider :lol:

Halloween is by far the best of the lot. I can watch that film over and over again - love it to bits.

Halloween 3 freaked me out as a kid, but ill watch it nowadays still. I just dont think its really that good, especially regarding the woman? (was she a robot the whole time or what? wtf?!?) and the fact it kinda ends on a bad note.. different i guess.

What will you be watching?

The front door, to make sure the little bastards round here don't smear dog-shit on the handle when we tell them to fuck off.

A M.R. James Session to start i think including, Oh Whistle and I'll Come to you, A warning for the Curious and Lost Hearts, getting freaked out thinking about them :D.

Followed by the original Haunting

Devils Backbone to finish a modern classic.

A M.R. James Session to start i think including, Oh Whistle and I'll Come to you, A warning for the Curious and Lost Hearts, getting freaked out thinking about them :wub:.

Good call. Oh Whistle... scares me shitless.

The Descent? Christ, you guys are a bunch of slack jawed faggots! That film was shit and funny at best.

Seriously though, I have no idea. Someone suggests some proper horrors? (less mainstream I mean)

ooh, what's this:

[removed crap link]

The Empire website is doing its writers top 3 films for Halloween. So rather than discuss it in their shitty forum I thought we could do it in here!

1. American Werewolf in London
    One of my top 3 films, funny, nasty and tits.
  2. Halloween 3
    Absolutely bonkers, not related to any of the other films either for some reason. And THAT TV advert...shudder
  3. Ringu
    Just to make sure I wont be sleeping that night :wub:

POST URS PLZ (even if you arent actually going to watch anything!)

That'll do for me actually, excellent list sir.

why exactly..

I had to watch it as part of film studies class at Uni.

It wasn't scary, and it suffered in my view because it was a blue print (although Black Christmas came first didn't it?) for subsequent slashers which improved on the shocks/it's formula.

As a nail in the coffin the themes of teenage promiscuity in young women were awfully heavy handed and right wing.

I just didn't click with it.

A M.R. James Session to start i think including, Oh Whistle and I'll Come to you, A warning for the Curious and Lost Hearts, getting freaked out thinking about them :(.

Followed by the original Haunting

Devils Backbone to finish a modern classic.

Brrr....very creepy that one, start the night with that, dont finish it! Also check out The Stone Tape if you aint already.

I am saving the remake of The Omen for Halloween night. I am going to be really disappointed aren't I? ;)

Only if you have seen the original. And if you havent...watch that instead :(

That'll do for me actually, excellent list sir.

Cheers!