AD/BC - Matt Berry Nativity

Not on DVD, no- it was on BBC3 over Christmas in (I think) 2004. I didn't think it was all that good, to be honest, although there are some excellent bits. It's too much of a straight parody of stuff like (I assume) 'Jesus Christ Superstar' - which I've never seen - so a lot of the references fell a bit flat, and there weren't enough actual jokes.

It's wonderful, yeah, but I don't think it can be found on any DVD release. They should have snuck it onto the Darkplace effort, ideally.

"Making love in the morning... making love in the evening... last thing at night... shepherd's delight."

• 1 year later...

Sorry for the resurrection-like bump, but this is finally getting a DVD release tomorrow. Seems fairly low-key, Amazon don't have any stock for instance. Having difficulty finding much out about the extra content: obviously full price for a 30 minute show would take the piss a bit.

I actually found this thread through googling for more info on the show: 4 and a half years and I still can't get the forum search function to work properly!

Stephen.

Sorry for the resurrection-like bump, but this is finally getting a DVD release tomorrow. Seems fairly low-key, Amazon don't have any stock for instance. Having difficulty finding much out about the extra content: obviously full price for a 30 minute show would take the piss a bit.

I actually found this thread through googling for more info on the show: 4 and a half years and I still can't get the forum search function to work properly!

Stephen.

Anywhere online selling this? Can't seem to find it.

Looking at the case in HMV it appears to only have the 28 minute show and a couple of extras, which seems a bit cheeky for the £15 they want for it. May be worth bookmarking for the inevitable post-Xmas markdown that all comedy seems to get. Particularly until they suss it and take down the Youtube version. Maybe I'm being tight but this is far too expensive a time of year to justify that pound per minute ratio.

Although if this does well, they may finally release Snuff Box. Here's hoping anyway.

Stephen.

• 4 weeks later...