Pastel coloured joystick

Sponge

Argh. I'm trying to remember the name of a joystick me and mates all used to have for the ST and Amiga. It was pastel coloured (green base, two yellow buttons, pink stick (I think), was microswitched and you could move the switches around 90 degrees to make it play sideways or face on.

Can anyone help me out?

I could never get on with those. After scores of broken joysticks I settled on these as my favourite:

joy_5s.jpg

I still went through about one a fortnight playing Sensi but, damn. What a ride.

Still my joystick of choice with my Amiga. Mr Hazelby can't understand why I don't like Zipsticks!

Yep, the 125+ had a rotating grip, but I think only Flying Shark and Victory Road were programmed to take advantage of it...

I must admit I never had any problems with Cheetah sticks, found them more reliable than the Quickshot 2's.

Powerplay Cruiser also had the torque ring - you could change the stick between three levels of "firmness", so level 1 was loose and floppy, and level 3 needed a lot of effort to move.

Still my joystick of choice with my Amiga. Mr Hazelby can't understand why I don't like Zipsticks!

I never liked Zipsticks either. I think I ended up liking the Quickshot ones because they made it easy to do that diagonal shot from just inside the halfway line into the top corner on Sensi, pulling back to get the loft just didn't quite work on the clickier ones. I got a white one for the PC for SWOS too, I'd love it if you could get a USB version - just love it.

I've got black and pastel cruisers, I recall there was a game where I would crank up the stiffness with the turny thing at the base of the stick, and have it on the medium setting for everything else, can't for the life of me remember which game it was or why though.

Well, that was until I got hold of two of these bad boys, man, what joysticks these are.

qs-128f.jpg

I've got black and pastel cruisers, I recall there was a game where I would crank up the stiffness with the turny thing at the base of the stick, and have it on the medium setting for everything else, can't for the life of me remember which game it was or why though.

Well, that was until I got hold of two of these bad boys, man, what joysticks these are.

qs-128f.jpg

You're in good company:

joy01.jpg

Now, I just need a way to use them with my laptop.

I thought this was going to be a thread about the pastel coloured Zipstick like I used to have, that was great.

I used to have loads of odd sticks, this was one of my favourites,

qsIX.jpg

It wasnt a track ball, you just rested your palm on it and pushed in the direction you wanted to go. It was awsome for combat school and hypersports too.

• 3 weeks later...

I thought this was going to be a thread about the pastel coloured Zipstick like I used to have, that was great.

I used to have loads of odd sticks, this was one of my favourites,

qsIX.jpg

It wasnt a track ball, you just rested your palm on it and pushed in the direction you wanted to go. It was awsome for combat school and hypersports too.

Wow haven't seen one of those for ages... and yeah sports games were the only thing I could ever play well with mine as well. Winter Olympiad '88.

I've got two of these, boxed, mint

qs165_small.jpg

Actually, that's not strictly true. MEANFACE has two of these, they're just in my house...

Interesting tidbit about those - I got them for £2 each in One Step Beyond, in Norwich, which someone started a thread about in ATF last week.

I lied about the interesting part