IGNORED

Want a PS3? This year? Go to Japan

Spartan

I might reserve and buy one now, just to fuck the 'Oh, Splendid's such a Sony hater' crowd* off.

*That's Afterbirth and Beertiger, I think.

Why is it we are all gagging to see Sony fail? The Ps2 was good to us wasnt it?

It's certainly the only 'old' machine giving me any joy at the moment.

Why is it we are all gagging to see Sony fail? The Ps2 was good to us wasnt it?

Because it's fun, mostly. And because Sony are making it so easy to play along with.

I'm sure as many rllmuk members will own a PS3 in three years as owned the PS2 three years after it's launch. For now it's not tempting and extremely easy to insult.

sites like kotaku and theinquirer.net have been anti-sony in their reporting for a while now, nitpicking whenever they can. don't read too much into it.

They also happen to be crap in the first place. The thing is, the negative feedback here and on other sites/forums is no different to what we all gave the 360 pre launch.

I suspect pre-orders aren't the normal way to go about things in Japan. I'd be surprised if you can read anything into this.

Exactly. He even says himself:

there must be over ten different game shops in my neighborhood, including a Super Potato. So, I don't blame an indifference of the part of my neighborhood for these low pre-reserve numbers. And granted, this is just one store, but perhaps people don't know they can reserve the system at GEO or are slightly put off by the price, which is still listed as open.

Yodobashi and Toys R Us aren't doing pre-orders at all from what i hear, so it seems to be Sonys plan to get the launch day queues/fever splashed all over the news come launch day...same goes for the Wii though, most places arent doing pre-orders either.

so how is that going to work then, if people have preordered machines yet then have to, what, que for 10 hours just to collect it? What are the people in ques going to think when the doors open and there no or limited stock (on the already limited stock).

Unless Sony are trying to do away with ques in the first place...

Anyhow, whichever way around this'll be the good start off to the chapter in Sony's How not to do things book that'll no doubt accompany the launch.

so how is that going to work then, if people have preordered machines yet then have to, what, que for 10 hours just to collect it? What are the people in ques going to think when the doors open and there no or limited stock (on the already limited stock).

Unless Sony are trying to do away with ques in the first place...

Anyhow, whichever way around this'll be the good start off to the chapter in Sony's How not to do things book that'll no doubt accompany the launch.

No one has a pre-order, you line up outside the store on launch day and then they give you a ticket. When you get into the store, you then exchange that for a machine plus whatever games etc you want to buy.

Its ordered chaos or something...if they dont have enough you're fucked...

Look what I found in the comments further down on that Kotaku page:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Sony-Playstation-3-PS3...1QQcmdZViewItem

There's been no shortage of PS3's offered for those kinds of prices on ebay. The auctions always get pulled down though.

I can't even begin to imagine how stupid someone would have to be to pay $8000 for a PS3, maybe it's the prospect of the free 512 Mb SD card?

hey guys

i`m in japan at the moment and i`ve been to the gaming shops in akihabara, kyoto and den den town (osaka). There is very very little PS3 advertising anywhere. The odd poster maybe but thats about it.

Also, the 360 is surprisingly well represented everywhere. With sofcom and super potato giving it window displays and loads of LCDs showing off sylpheed, tenchu and dead rising (despite the ban)

not that its making any difference mind. ALL the gameshops are empty except for people in the DS section.

dead rising (despite the ban)

It's not really banned though is it? It just has a Z rating meaning it (usually) requires ID, and can't be stocked amongst other games. A lot of places won't stock it, but it's hardly banned

they really have shops there called super potato???

Yes. They have big retro shops too