First chance to play PS3 in UK

Sony are actualling going to ship a couple of PS3's into the country to show of what we can't have for four more months. How nice of them. Still, I'm interested in going and seeing what it looks like. Wonder if any Wii's will be there.

Linky for News and Tickets, if you like that sort of thing

Oh, and if this turns into a meet thread, please move it. Just thought people would appreciate a chance to get hands on with the PS3.

Sony are actualling going to ship a couple of PS3's into the country to show of what we can't have for four more months. How nice of them. Still, I'm interested in going and seeing what it looks like. Wonder if any Wii's will be there.

Linky for News and Tickets, if you like that sort of thing

Oh, and if this turns into a meet thread, please move it. Just thought people would appreciate a chance to get hands on with the PS3.

I quite fancy going actually. We could all LOL at it together.

I hope millions of people buy tickets for the show, and at the last minute Sony pull out causing Massive Damage! to both their reputation and the really popular(?) magazine " STUFF "

I believe Stuff sells more than every videogame magazine in the UK, except perhaps Official PS2.

I believe Stuff sells more than every videogame magazine in the UK, except perhaps Official PS2.

92,672 vs 100,117 in favour of Official PS2. But obviously 92k is miles ahead of anything else in the gaming in world.

• 4 weeks later...

Will Sony sack the staff for importing a ps3 for demostration purpose.

Of course, it's ILLEGAL and INCREDIBLY DANGEROUS to import consoles from NTSC regions to PAL regions.

They've not said how dangerous it is to import from PAL to NTSC, mind.

It's a question that really has to be asked, though, hasn't it? These systems aren't CE marked and they're being put on display, and being used, in Europe. That's putting the public at risk according to Sony.

I was at the show yesterday, they have three set up for play, motorstorm, some dragon one and resistance fall of man.

Didnt get a chance (couldnt be bothered to queue up to be honest) but the games did look good at the very least, but nothing that was super noticeable really.

Pretty pants show overall to be honest!

Went to the What Hi Fi event earlier today, didn’t get many photos and the majority of the ones I managed to take ended up getting a bit blurred, especially Motorstorm due to the fast paced nature of the game.

The PS3 pad is seriously light; the loss of the rumble has made it feel near weightless, and it definitely doesn’t feel very solid because of it. The triggers aren’t a patch on the 360’s, the way it positions your finger results in it being to nearer to the front of the trigger, rather then in the centre of the trigger or nearer to the edge, which means that the leverage required to push the trigger down is greater.

The games they had were Lair, Resistance and Motorstorm, both Lair and Motorstorm crashed whilst I was there, Resistance didn’t look too interesting and I couldn’t be bothered queuing for it (as they were incredibly long queues) and I wanted to see the rest of the show.

The controls for Lair were a bit rubbish, to control the dragon you tilted the control pad, but even minor movements of it resulted in turning fairly sharply, making it quite difficult to control.

Motorstorm is basically just like Burnout, but it doesn’t control as well, the queue for it was the longest and it appeared to be fairly difficult (people were crashing often and no-one was coming anywhere near first place), but because it handles so similar to Burnout, my skills at it transferred over quite easily, on my first go, I came first by a good margin and crashed very little, and the set the best time of the day 5 minutes and 15 seconds or so, the next quickest time was about 20 seconds slower. And I didn’t think the graphics were very impressive, nothing the 360 couldn’t easily do, and nothing like the video of E3 2005.

Finally the images:

dscf2095ha0.th.jpg

dscf2111tv7.th.jpg

dscf2094fa5.th.jpg

dscf2112um3.th.jpg

dscf2118hc9.th.jpg

Thanks for taking the time to post that.

Was it playing at 1080p do you know?

The screens used were 1080P, but when Motorstorm crashed, I was at the front of the queue and saw in the top right of the screen '720P', the upscaling made it look like it needed a bit more AA.