rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Sideshow

Dexter - Series 8 now done (US). It was the last series apparently.

I didn't like the ending much, but by the same token i enjoyed all 8 seasons of Dexter.   I dont think the latter seasons are half as bad as some people make out.

Well I think there is definitely a dip in quality, 

Spoiler

I wasn't a fan of the DDK although him having acted alone was a nice twist. What I can't and refuse to wrap my head around is the whole Deb is in love with Dexter storyline and I hope they will bin that real quick cause otherwise *vomits*

uh oh 

I'll prepare myself for all the awkwardness, watching this show with my brother. Yay. 

tumblr_inline_mg48668J4I1qb3v7r.gif

• Upvote 2

You still have the chance to walk away and keep whatever good memories you have of the show intact.

• Upvote 1

I think it would've perhaps redeemed itself if Deb had arrested Dexter at the end of 7, and season 8 had Dexter spending the whole season behind bars, with the police forced to rely on his serial killer knowledge, almost Lecter-style, to catch one last criminal before finally executing him.

She should've arrested him at the end of 5 ffs.

• Upvote 1

I stopped watching a few eps into the final series then took about 2 years to watch the rest. They should have killed it after 4 seasons, 5 at a push.

I agree it took a dip in quality, for me season 5 was still fine, and now it's just getting worse and worse and ruining some good characters. I'm gonna finish it though, I just can't abandon it this close to the finish line. I can't. 

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, BruceBruce said:

Even when Dexter took a dip in quality, though, it was still better than most television shows.

Spoiler

ZSbEzhC.jpg

• Upvote 7

I stayed with it all the way through but it was the last episode of the last series that made me just go

seinfield.gif

• Upvote 3

Yeah I think I am prepared for the worst now. Nothing can surprise me.

Spoiler

she said and everyone laughed, "bless her"

I have 7 episodes left. The last two seasons are really one big clusterfuck aren't they :lol:

Can't wait to see how much worse it gets! (I regret nothing) 

I'm pretty certain I won't regret watching it all, but that doesn't mean I won't blame the writers for being utter shit and ruining a whole bunch of great characters. 

• Upvote 1

So I have 5 episodes left and the story is just all over the place, suspense is almost non-existent, but still, I gotta say I'm gonna be sad when it's all over.

I haven't read any fan fiction in years, but I bet there is some out there which is far better than anything that happened post season 5/6.

I only just recently found out the show is based on a series of books, has anyone read those? I assume the TV storyline has zero to do with what happens in those? 

I loved 5 but then they kinda ruined the end of it by just letting the show tread water for another year. 6 was pretty shit for that exact reason and then I never went back to it. I remember loving the first season. It used to be my favourite show. Shame they really fucked up the ending, it deserved better. 

35 minutes ago, Illyria said:

Rs

I only just recently found out the show is based on a series of books, has anyone read those? I assume the TV storyline has zero to do with what happens in those? 

The first season is based on the first book, with changes especially towards the end. The rest of the show is independent of the books. 

I understand the books go a bit mental with aliens or something.

30 minutes ago, Vinz Clortho said:

The third book ruins everything by telling us that Dexter's dark passenger is literally an ancient demon that possessed him, it's rubbish.

Urrrrgh really? I have all the books on my Kindle to read but that sounds so shit.

Hahahahaha for real? :lol:

I'm on a Dexter Hiatus until next week and just chilling out to the soundtrack a bit now. I miss Florida and their boats (without the murder).