rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Sideshow

Dexter - Series 8 now done (US). It was the last series apparently.

Episode 6 is another good one.

Clever work from the Ice Truck Killer once again. Had Dexter shitting himself. The net was really tightening.

Like the pseudonym he used, Patrick Bateman.

I got a bit sad when it looked like he was going to throw away his trophy box. But he didn't in the end.

I know they think the person the kid drew is Jesus, but what are the chances the kid saw the Ice Truck Killer when he came back with the woman and that is the person he described?

Just noticed the actress who plays Rita, Julie Benz, did the voice for Miranda Keyes in Halo 2 and will also be returning for Halo 3.

Amazing episode, best yet in my opinion. Not sure I'm going to be able to watch if he ever does get caught and his girlfriend is told the news. Didn't see the ending come at all, I thought perhaps it would go down the route of him retiring but then Rita's ex showing up causing problems and so forcing Dexter back in to business. Brilliant, fast becoming my favourite show on TV.

Like the pseudonym he used, Patrick Bateman.

This is the only bit I didn't like. It's horribly clichéd and would be spotted instantly by anyone looking out for some sort of alias.

This is the only bit I didn't like. It's horribly clichéd and would be spotted instantly by anyone looking out for some sort of alias.

For sure, that bit didn’t really feel right.

I’ve just finished the 2 Dexter books, they’re OK but the writing style kind of grates after a while. The TV show is much better.

I’ve just finished the 2 Dexter books, they’re OK but the writing style kind of grates after a while. The TV show is much better.

That's good to hear. I was thinking of reading these, but now with a second season announced, I'll just stick with the show.

Yeah, same here. I never thought a rolleyes could be audible until last night but both the missus and I thought that was a bit rubbish.

Other than that, this is just getting better and better. Fantastic news about Weeds, too. :(

This may very well be the only show I'm watching right now that feels like it's constantly improving upon itself.

Only if American Psycho exists within Dexter's world. He says himself that it's "inconspicuous" so maybe it is just a nod to the audience, rather than a case of Dexter knowingly referencing one of his literary kin.

Doakes has proved to be a much better character than I was expecting. In the pilot he was a pretty awful caricature of the hardass cop but since then he's been given a lot more depth and, rather fortunately, his Dexter hate has been dramatically toned down.

While were on Julie Benz’s career, had anyone seen her in the American re-make of Fawlty Towers? If anyone deserves to be chopped up Dexter-style it’s the person who greenlighted this shambles. It’s one of the worst things I’ve ever seen.

Good god no, why would anyone even consider watching it.

ITV used to show it at some bizarre hour back in the day. They showed it at 2.00AM on a Friday night/Saturday morning before the rise of Quizmania and The Mint. I caught a few episodes after getting in after a night out and even after loads of pints it was still beyond terrible. Julie Benz played the Polly character. It was called Payne, I think. Very appropriate really.

great episode this week,

not suprised that it wasnt the killer in the end or at least not the person who is playing with dexter. What is he the ice truck killers publicist ?

I'm thinking now that the amputee doctor is the killer andmaybe that he's a member of dexters original family.

Loved that. Very funny episode too.

not suprised that it wasnt the killer in the end or at least not the person who is playing with dexter. What is he the ice truck killers publicist ?

I'm thinking now that the amputee doctor is the killer andmaybe that he's a member of dexters original family.

They kept hammering home that he has a high IQ and is a computer expert. So I was thinking maybe he is some unbalanced guy looking for attention and he hacked into the police computers to get all those photos and information which were not released to the public. Maybe to become a copycat and realise some kind of fantasy.

Though there is the fact that some of his mothers limbs were also cut. I'm not so concerned about the actual killing of the mother as a link. They said she was controlling his life. It's the cut limbs which confuses matters a bit.

The doctor does seem dodgy, but maybe a bit too obvious.

I thought that stuffed animal made from parts of different animals was ace!

And how Dexter seemed to be repeatedly getting owned throughout the episode, and the big grin at the end when he realises he was right all along.

Awesome episode. Yet again it's managed to get better. Not too sure what else to say about it, other than...

yeah, I reckon Perry was essentially just a fall guy, and I'm not convinced he's actually a killer at all. An unbalanced guy desperate for attention may well cross paths with a killer who wants to remain anonymous for a considerable time, given Perry's apparent morbid fascinations.

yea, it's clear that he can break into dexters apartment and see what he has to hide. So its not too far a leap to think he planted most if not all the stuff in the guys trailer.

but do you think that 'the killer' will kill in the next episode or soon after ?

I hope he doesnt and they take dex and 'the killers' relationship in a new direction now before they have to rap it up for the end of the season.

I hope he doesnt kill the abusive dad as well, it's just too easy and would bring up too many questions for people around him.

one thing that I didnt like about the episode tho. How didn't Dexter and his colleague spot each other? dexter pays alot of attention to everything, he should have noticed him!

The doctor definitely seems dodgy but I don't think he's the killer. Maybe some middle man who provides certain equipment / materials etc but no more than that.

A very revealing episode this week, but went a bit predictable.

So it wasn't the IT geek, which was hardly suprising after last weeks ending. What was a shock was the ending revleation. Mainly it being the doc seemed a bit too straight forward, but also for the fact is was a full on "this is him" setting. I was expecting drip feeds of hints and misdirections until the end of the season.

A nice variation on the "kill of the week" though. Still the best thing airing right now.

How many are there in this season? 12?

I didnt like this episode much at all

it was way too predictable and I hope they have something up thier sleeves for the next few episodes leading too the end of the series.

I think he's going to do something to his sister, dex is going to have to choose between his new friend and his sister.

Did they find all the body parts from the other kills the ice truck killer did ? I can't remember but I wouldnt be suprissed if hes keeping a part of each to make his perfect woman. Using dex's sisters legs maybe.

what I did like about the episode was the severed head interrogation :]

Just caught the first 5 episodes and now I'm hooked. The synopsis makes the show sound crap but I was interested to see what Michael C Hall would do post-6FU and I'm not disappointed.

Its not the sort of show I'd normally watch but its so well made, do we know if its been picked up by a UK broadcaster yet?

I thought this weeks episode was the best yet. I'm now well and truly hooked by this now. The idea of duelling serial killers is an intriguing one. I hope they can keep this up (let's face it heroes has some flat ones), each episode has been a cracker.

...oh and had Julie Benz in the nuddie, so smashing all round.

This week's episode was so sinister, which is saying something when it comes to Dexter. I'm glad they've made the reveal, leaving the final episodes to take on a slightly different angle.

This week:

Quite disappointed with the episode this week. The scene with the impromptu dancing was cringe worthy and just seemed so far fetched, I realise Roody(?) is calling the shots, but even so, quite bizarre. We're in some dead guy's house that may or may not be someone's dad that they never knew they had, LETS DANCE!! Then there was a side story with Doakes, I'm wondering if there will be any relevance to that whole section because it certainly didn't do much for character development. Unless, as my partner pointed out, perhaps Angel will face a similar choice involving Dexter, which does sound plausible. Also and this one really bugged me, why did Roody need to masquerade as a TV repair man and ultimately for someone who is an incredibly tidy killer, it seemed quite ridiculous to go back to where he had met one of the locals. Which leads me to my final rant, the part where Dexter drives off as the old dear calls out to him, very cliché and not something that the program had till then sunk to.

That all said, lots of interesting new information, a real dad, rare blood type, motives for Harry and I think there's a lot of potential now that Roody has been introduced.

Hopefully the last three episodes will give the story a satisfying climax.