IGNORED

MC360 v1.0.1 released

Hitcher

Guest Fenster

just got all this up and running properly a few days ago - never really got into XBMC before, but made the effort for so as to play a certain US TV show thats just started its 3rd series <_< - a

nyways i spent hours and hours messing around trying to get the file sharing to work and eventually realised that zone alarm was not saving my trusted zone settings - updated it and hoorah :D

i've downloaded some scripts for google vids, gametrailers stuff like that, works a treat, just gonna look into rss feeds next. And sort some of them jazzy icons out like hitcher has. Then attempt to make it my default dash, plenty left to do ! -_-

I havn't played any games in about 4 days i think, have spent every last minute fucking around with this - its absolutely great :)

Like hitcher i'm running mine on a panny plasma and im very impressed, with the whole look

OK, I tried to copy the Fat version of the T3ch build to my Xbox last night, and I completely failed to get the bugger working. My old version of XBMC seemed to have a problem copying all the files across in one go, so I had to copy it directory by directory - is/was there a limit to the number of files XBMC could copy in one operation?

Deleted the XBMC gamesave, but when I try to run the new XBMC if poops out with some sort of a 'No suitable skin found - we require at least version 2.0.0' error. I had a quick peek in the Skin folder, and there was a load of MC360 stuff in folders in there.

Thinking about it, the FAt version comes with the Project Mayhem skin too, doesn't it? So that ought to have been present in the Skin folder too. Seems like my Xbox failed to copy all the contents of the Skin folder. I guess I'm going to have to manually check that every file is copied across successfully. :blink:

Nothing's ever straightforward for me when it comes to mucking about with my Xbox :(

You need to load another dash (ie Evo-X, Avalaunch) if you want to update XBMC because it will not be able to write over the old files as they're still be used to run the skin.

You'll want to back-up your 'UserData' folder first if your using a newer version and delete the whole XBMC folder.

I've got UnleashX as my dash, and I keep the old XBMC until I've got the new one working - so I don't need to overwrite any files while they're in use. I just had to use XBMC to copy the files to the hard drive 'cos the disc I was using made UnleashX freeze ;)

It's an old version of XBMC I'm running at the mo, there's no Userdata folder to back up - I don't have too many custom settings, so there shouldn't be too much .xml editing to do or owt. My wireless network is too slow for streaming from the PC, so I probably won't even set that up.

I think the reason it's not working is missing files in the Skin directory. Going to check all the files copied across successfully tonight.

Dynamic Range Compression

Allows you to adjust how much the audio range is compressed, making the loud and soft sounds closer in volume. This is useful when watching movies with loud sound effects such as explosions at night.

Can't you just turn up the volume on your TV to match the quietest video and then for the others decrease the volume in XBMC?

Can't you just turn up the volume on your TV to match the quietest video and then for the others decrease the volume in XBMC?

Cheers for your help, I ended up using XBMP in the end as that has the normalise audio/amplify audio combination. I guess it's been removed from XBMC because there are hardly ever any reasons to use it.

I needed it because I've been trying to get a complete collection of all 7 series of Outer Limits. I recorded most off Sky onto my HDD recorder because I get better quality that way than from downloads. However Sky decided to add in the deaf woman onto the playback (which makes it pretty painful to watch). I'm filling in the gaps now from downloads but I need to get them to the HDD player and the best way to do that is through the Xbox.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I haven't managed to set up my emulator with the new XBMC, which is the only reason I still have the old one on my XBox. I had to edit the .xml file on that, but I can't work out how to point the newer builds in the right direction.

EDIT: Well I've worked it out using MC360. Yay me.

Fuck it - I thought I had the latest XBMC installed - turns out I didn't

I've got a softmod xbox - am I right in thinking all I have to do is download the new XBMC, and FTP it over to E:\Dashboard?

edit: currently running XBMC 2.0.1 Final Pointrelease (13th of November 2006) - so it should work with the new skin, but I get error message telling me: Incompatible skin, we require skins of version 2.00 or higher?? WTF?!

where's yod@ when you need him <_<

Ooooooh. xTV is well sweet, I much prefer it to MC360 (although I do appreciate the massive dedication the MC360 chaps put into creating it.) I quite like Clearity as well.... (can be found via the same forum as xTv) it's well swish.

I'm really impressed by the effort the 'skinners' put into making XBMC as lovely as it is. ;)

Fuck it - I thought I had the latest XBMC installed - turns out I didn't

I've got a softmod xbox - am I right in thinking all I have to do is download the new XBMC, and FTP it over to E:\Dashboard?

edit: currently running XBMC 2.0.1 Final Pointrelease (13th of November 2006) - so it should work with the new skin, but I get error message telling me: Incompatible skin, we require skins of version 2.00 or higher?? WTF?!

where's yod@ when you need him :(

You need the latest version of XBMC, which can be found at T3CH in the links section of the MC360 site. (Not sure if I can post direct links or not..... <_< )