IGNORED

MC360 v1.0.1 released

Hitcher

What does it boot up first ATM?

DASHBOARD INSTALL___________________________________________________________

Option 1. Team XBMC's shortcut tool.

It's included in the _tools folder as <<SHORTCUT by TEAM XBMC.xbe>> + <<SHORTCUT by TEAM XBMC.cfg>>.

Instructions here: http://www.xboxmediacenter.com/wiki/index....=As_a_Dashboard (Option 1).

Rename the <<SHORTCUT by TEAM XBMC.xbe>>+.cfg & also EDIT the .cfg so it matches your config.

See APPLICATION INSTALL above.

Option 2. Thanks to an app called 'Team UIX's Xbe Shortcut Maker v1.0' by JbOnE, it's now easy...

Transfer contents of XBMC folder (this is VERY important since the tool is hardcoded)

TO "E:\APPS\XBMC\". Rename <<SHORTCUT by TEAM UIX.xbe>> to something your bios can boot

(see http://www.xboxmediacenter.com/wiki/index....=As_a_Dashboard or read your

BIOS README) and transfer to location your mod solution boots. No need to fiddle with HOME tag anymore,

and future upgrades you need not to worry about this file (unless you move XBMC).

Only thing I can suggest doing is switch to another skin, delete the whole MC360 folder, then FTP it back again.

Download it from here and then download this update patch and overwrite all.

Yeah, simple re-install worked a treat :wub: Wasn't exactly much going on on that blade though. Any idea where they've hidden the file explorer now?

Successfully installed and set it as my dash. Bloody lovely. :wub:

Downloaded a bunch of these, but where do I FTP them to?

Either put them in the same folder as the TV episodes and rename them folder.jpg or if they're all in one folder rename them "title".tbn.

For games and apps rename them default.tbn and put them in the same folder.

Yeah, simple re-install worked a treat :wub: Wasn't exactly much going on on that blade though. Any idea where they've hidden the file explorer now?

Press START anywhere and select Extras.

Thanks for that, pretty annoying when you use a remote though. I miss my old edition where that blade had weather, scripts, and the file explorer on it.
Selecting 'MC360 Guide' on the media blade does the same as pressing start. You can probably set a remote button to do the same thing if you muck about with keymap.xml.

I agree, it was definitely better when the options were on the blade. It's probably a closer match to the real 360 dash this way, but I'm sure most people use that stuff far more than the XLink gubbins. :wub:

How do you get it to link to your shared folders on your PC? Long time since i updated XBMC and since installing sp2 on this machine i cant seem to set a folder to shared with a simple tick box anymore.

Right click on desired folder and click the 'sharing and security' tab.

Thanks for that, pretty annoying when you use a remote though. I miss my old edition where that blade had weather, scripts, and the file explorer on it.

I agree, it was definitely better when the options were on the blade. It's probably a closer match to the real 360 dash this way, but I'm sure most people use that stuff far more than the XLink gubbins. :wub:

Just give it a few days and the Marketplace Mod will be available again. Keep an eye on this thread - http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=524990

Um, is there a skin like the PSP/PS3 X-bar?

No but if you don't like the ones supplied there's always 'Media Center Edition 2006'.

screenshot042.jpg

screenshot028.jpg

screenshot020.jpg

Worked it out in the end. Stupid windows trying to be 'helpful'.

Anyways installed XBMC 2.0, my last one was a good two years old i reckon so this is a huge leap. Firstly, everything works, the weather channel, all the rss feeds. No messing about at all. Plus its super quick at streaming files and folders from the pc.

Cant seem to find the widescreen option though, i can only have it set to 4:3, unless thats because ive changed it to 4:3 in my dash for some reason. Will investigate. But so far lovely and it works!

You know what'd be amazing. If you could just bring up a list of your roms in XBMC, click on them, and have them run straight off in their respective emulators. It's lovely having a nice dash, but having to go from the sleek 360 style dash to the terrible frontend of ZsnesBox, for example, with it's gaudiness and added music... For all the magic it does, it's only a tiny niggle, but it'd be great says I!

You know what'd be amazing. If you could just bring up a list of your roms in XBMC, click on them, and have them run straight off in their respective emulators. It's lovely having a nice dash, but having to go from the sleek 360 style dash to the terrible frontend of ZsnesBox, for example, with it's gaudiness and added music... For all the magic it does, it's only a tiny niggle, but it'd be great says I!

Being worked on -

http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=519798

Finally got this working, and it certainly is very nice indeed. Had a bit of bother getting the network shares set up using the 360 skin (changed it back to Project Mayhem III and did it). Hmm, the MC360 skin is impressive, but much prefer PMIII, to be honest - it's cleaner and more logical.

This may be a stupid question, but is there anything out there that allows you to sort through your music folders as if you're using something similar to iTunes, so by Album name, Genre, etc? Because THAT would be the most awesome thing ever on XBMC.

They mean actually using your PC as your file store and using the Xbox as a means of playing film and music on your TV.

XBMC offers about. . . ooooh. . . three million different ways to do it.

Well, three or four at least.

sweeeeet 고마워요 스트로커

This may be a stupid question, but is there anything out there that allows you to sort through your music folders as if you're using something similar to iTunes, so by Album name, Genre, etc? Because THAT would be the most awesome thing ever on XBMC.

It sure can -

The music database is one of xbmc's strongest points. It allows organization of very large music collections by genre, title, artist, album and popularity. To get the most out of your music xbmc needs to have all this information available to it. When your collection is scanned XBMC stores all the tagging information (artist, album, year, genre) in a database which allows you to efficently search and manage your music collection. If you have never taken the time to tag your music properly, this is it. Today more pc applications and mp3 players (ipods for example) organize your music by tag information. You MUST tag your files for them to work properly in XBMC's library.

http://xboxmediacenter.com/wiki/index.php?...e=Music_Library