IGNORED

MC360 v1.0.1 released

Hitcher

CLICK HERE TO JUMP TO LATEST NEWS.

At last XBMC v2.0 is here and the MC360 skin has been given a proper widescreen makeover.

There are many new features and functions that have been introduced since the 1.1.0 point-release, that we cannot list them all here. A few that are especially worth mentioning are; the enhanced GUI/skin-engine, the Project Mayhem III skin, DVD-Video menu/navigation support (with ISO/IMG image parsing), RAR/ZIP archive parsing, a new audio/music-player (PAPlayer) with crossfade, gapless playback and ReplayGain support, Karaoke CDG-file display, Xored Trainer Engine (gaming-cheats), XLink Kai (online-gaming) front-end, iTunes 6.x DAAP and UPnP-clients, and two surprise features; read-only support for FAT12/16/32 formatted USB Mass Storage Devices up to 4GB in size, and a brand new "skinnable" 3D visualizer.

There's two T3CH versions available -

T3CH now released a build based on this 2.0.0 sourcetree.

Notes from T3CH:

* I have updated 'Apple Movie Trailers' to version 0.91.

* This build is based on XBMC 2.0.0 sourcetree as found on Sourceforge.

* Other news is the added new 3D visualiser created by MrC. Great work!

* Also, Team XBMC snuck in support for USB FAT devices, read more about it here.

* If you want to report bugs, please do it the PROPER way, see here

* Full changelog since the T3CH 2006-09-24 CVS release is available here.

* Full changelog since the v1.1.0 pointrelease is available here.

T3CH made 2 builds of this 2.0.0 point-release:

* The standard 'SLIM' build is like you are used to see from T3CH - it's what's in the XBMC CVS with just a few small additions:

+Killarny & Nuka1195 & Pikes AppleMovieTrailers(info) (AMT) 0.91 (scripts: Apple Movie Trailers)

+BritneysPAIRSs ~110 choosen milkdrop presets (visualisations: MD - BPs Selection)

+EnderW's XBMCScripts Installer 1.0 SCRIPT (scripts: XBMCScripts)

+Codecs for mplayer (system\players\mplayer\codecs\:*)

!UPDATE! The original SLIM T3CH 2.0.0 build had an error (english language file missing). Make sure to get the fixed rls: XBMC-2.0.0-FINAL-SLIM-FIXED-T3CH.rar

* The nonstandard 'FAT' build will come with everything that's in the SLIM build (except the BritneysPAIRS milkdrop presets, but you get a +8000 megapack instead) and some extra stuff:

Skins:

+MC360 v0.99b by Team Blackbolt

+Project Mayhem 1 - 2.0 version by Jezz_X

+Project Mayhem II - 2.0 version by SmokeHead

Scripts:

+LaunchBrowser v1.9 by Flash

+myTV by BigBellyBilly

+Poker Timer II by Nuka1195

+XBMCLyrics_guibuilder by EnderW & Smuto

+Youtube 1.7a by Donno

Visualisations:

+milkDrop MegaPack (8265 presets)

Extras: (_extras folder)

+1800~ or so dupechecked Game trainers (no need to unzip before xferring to xbox).

+Some Game thumbnails (3D)

Here's some screenshots of mine running in 720p -

screenshot004ov5.png

screenshot006ha6.png

screenshot007ob8.png

MY Xbox is set to boot to XBMC. If I overwrite my previous instalation with this, will it work?

It should do but I'd stick it your App folder first and double check it runs OK then move it.

So can you download/play HD movies on that?

No the Xbox isn't powerful enough to run HD stuff but it can upscale hr.hdtv.ac3.5.1.xvid's to higher resolutions.

can you add a picture as a background a-la a real 360, i couldnt manage before.

You can add anything you want - there's loads of Themes, Wallpapers, Icons, etc to download here -

http://www.tintense.com/

It can do HD, just not 1080 stuff.

I d/l all the HR CSI episodes and they play just fine

Using it now and it's very swish indeed. Need to find a way to show it where my emu's and games are though. Also, how do I make it default to go to a network shared folder when going into music for eg?

just use the default tag in the relevant part of the XML file

Can I use my old xml file with this?
If yours is one of the old builds that used 'XboxMediaCenter.xml' for its settings then no, they've changed things around a little bit. The settings are spread over a few smaller files in XBMC/UserData now. It's pretty much the same format as it used to be, so if you keep your old settings file to work from it's easy enough to sort out.

If you've currently got a build made since the 'UserData' stuff then yes, you can just drop the several XML files into this release and everything should just work.

I got a component cable this week, it works ok but I don;t know if I'm outputting 720p. It doesn't look like it from this new build. How do I make it output HD? I've a pal xbox. Currently I can't boot without the chip turned on as my dash is corrupt...

If your video mode is set to PAL then you're not in 720p... Only works in NTSC mode. You need to:

1. Use Enigmah to switch to NTSC and reboot.

2. Load up the original MS dash while using your component leads and change your video options to support HD.

3. Change your resolution in XBMC's settings.

If you mean your original MS dash is corrupt you're probably out of luck with step 2 until you sort it out.

It can do HD, just not 1080 stuff.

I d/l all the HR CSI episodes and they play just fine

They're higher res than the normal episodes but not 720p mate. I think it's about 540 lines for the HR releases.

Still no v1 of the XBMC360 skin, though. We need that skin to support true 16:9 as soon as possible.

It does support 16:9 now, if you look at my screenshots you now get more items across the screen (4 columns now instead of 3).

They're higher res than the normal episodes but not 720p mate. I think it's about 540 lines for the HR releases.

It does support 16:9 now, if you look at my screenshots you now get more items across the screen (4 columns now instead of 3).

Sure, but everything else is still borked - everything else is stretched, most clearly on the guide blade and gamertag thing.

How do you get all those snazzy icons for your media files? I'm guessing the album artwork is the usual embedded id3 tag stuff, but what about the video files, and the cool icons for the emulators?

I download them ( MC360 Icons & Emu Icons ) or make them myself.

Sure, but everything else is still borked - everything else is stretched, most clearly on the guide blade and gamertag thing.

See what you mean but I don't think it'll be long as this is v0.99b.

Hmm, its not working properly for me. Chossing videos allows me to browse the files on my DVD drive and network, but not the files on my xbox's hdd. Also, the orange xbmc live blade is completely in accessable, merely takes me to the system one instead.