rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
tbb

Banjo Kazooie: Nuts N Bolts

Just to confirm that you never get to use customised vehicles beyond the various versions of the trolley. The area surrounding Showdown Town looks lovely as well and I was genuinely looking forward to heading out to explore. Realistically was never going to happen though.

I noticed a big house on a hilltop when I was looking put of Showdown Town from the highest point. I'm guessing you'll end up there at some point, probably for the final showdown with Grunty. Is that right?

I noticed a big house on a hilltop when I was looking put of Showdown Town from the highest point. I'm guessing you'll end up there at some point, probably for the final showdown with Grunty. Is that right?

Nah - the finale is in

spiral mountain

- I wondered if that was meant to be the haunted house from Kazooie.

You know what this is? This is a brilliant Robot Wars game given the wrong license!!

Well, minus the fighting part. But I like going into each challenge thinking "how can I build something that will get me through this" and then bolting a fist to the front of a tank or making a three-wheeled dragster entirely from poles and three engines stuck together. I want more parts!! I want big propellors, not weedy little ones. I guess I have to make do with what I've got for now, which is part of the challenge. Some more varied missions would be nice too, but I'm sure they will come.

The mission early on in Nutty Acres where you have to protect the jogger from the incoming robot bombs... how did people do that one? I tried using the provided 'cage' car but found it too small as I kept knocking into him. So I built a massive one the full size of the garage, but I ran out of parts before it was finished and it drove like shit anyway. So then I made an intermediate one with a neat little roof and a couple of egg cannons, which drove well and I could keep the jogger in the middle quite easily. Sadly, I still had trouble keeping him protected as the cage would blow apart on impact. In the end, I had memorised the spawn locations of the robots and simply shot them on sight, barely using the cage aspect of the vehicle at all. I couldn't think of a better way.

Oh, I did smile when I played around with making a 'bike'. I didn't think you'd be able to use just two wheels without it falling over, but you can! And the little propellor I put on the front for extra speed doubled up as a a rotor: when going up a ramp so I was vertical, it kept me hovering in the air. :(

Now I have floats to play with. Mmm... sea planes, hovercraft, so many possibilities.

The mission early on in Nutty Acres where you have to protect the jogger from the incoming robot bombs... how did people do that one?

Whenever people mention this mission I'm convinced I must have got a special easy version or something. I just built a small car covered in spikes and drove alongside the jogger, then rammed the enemies whenever they appeared. I got a TT trophy first time and I think he only took damage once.

Can anyone help me get into the Terrarium of Terror levels? I mean getting the bloody sphere over the barrier to the plinth. I guess I need a vehicle upgrade or something. At the moment I have the springs allowing me to jump but I still can't get over the barrier.

But they spawn from all sides! And dive towards him! I can't imagine how you could block them all off without surrounding him in something.

I still haven't done it and I've tried loads of different ways.

I've tried building a cage, but like you say it get smashed to pieces. I've tried shooting the robots, but I can never seem to maneuver my car quickly enough.

I've thought about scooping him up and flying to the finish line, but I can't build a vehicle to do it.

I'll probably go back to it later in the game, but it's been a nightmare the few tries I've had.

I'm a bit at odds with that one, too.

It's one of those challenges I'll leave until the very last. Otherwise, I'll end up falling out with the game and it's far too pretty for that.

I've thought about scooping him up and flying to the finish line, but I can't build a vehicle to do it.

I think that would go against the spirit of his request anyway. He wants to jog. :angry:

Didn't stop me :D I built a car with a suck and blow on the front and blew him round the course to get the trophy, it's the only way I could do it.

Never got the cage method to work, or shooting the robots. Even tried freezing him as when he is frozen he doesn't take any damage from the robots, thought it would give me more time to kill the robots, but still couldn't do it.

Picked this up yesterday (for £12!) and popped it on last night, only just started but first thing I noticed is the graphics, they are some of the best I have seen on the 360, Amazing!

Can anyone help me get into the Terrarium of Terror levels? I mean getting the bloody sphere over the barrier to the plinth. I guess I need a vehicle upgrade or something. At the moment I have the springs allowing me to jump but I still can't get over the barrier.

IIRC you have to find an underwater entrance to the fenced off area. If you drive/swim around the outside of the Uptown area (the circle of houses for the Terrarium of Terror) there should be an underwater entrance with some lights around it to mark the way.

IIRC you have to find an underwater entrance to the fenced off area. If you drive/swim around the outside of the Uptown area (the circle of houses for the Terrarium of Terror) there should be an underwater entrance with some lights around it to mark the way.

Brilliant, thanks! Will try tonight.

I built a car with a suck and blow on the front and blew him round the course to get the trophy, it's the only way I could do it.

Fuck, it's so simple it's brilliant. I'll try that tonight.

Nnghhh... Clanker's Eyes... :(

I may have to come back to this one to get the trophy later. I only have two very small rotor blades and it's not really enough to lift my proposed 'gunship' with any degree of finesse.

I started making a 'drop cage' device with the new detacher piece, but then realised that probably wouldn't protect the eyes from the beams anyway, even if I could get it into position. I'll save it for another occasion.

Nnghhh... Clanker's Eyes...

It's weird, this one. I think you just have to blow up a certain number of gruntbots to win, despite the mission description. Try concentrating on firepower rather than protection and see how you get on.

You can get over the barrier before opening the tunnel. If you stand in your trolley you can pick it up with your spanner and levitate yourself up into the air. It's really handy as a kind of portable platform to reach lots of places before you're supposed to. I think I threw the globe over and then boosted myself over the barrier with the trolley.

It's weird, this one. I think you just have to blow up a certain number of gruntbots to win, despite the mission description. Try concentrating on firepower rather than protection and see how you get on.

I'll have to come back. I've only got two egg bombs and a grenade launcher. The eyes being up quite high makes it hard to use just these.

An ammo question: what happens if you attach loads and loads of guns but only one ammo box? Do you run out of ammo? Should you ideally use one per gun? What if you have several boxes for just one gun, can you fire more ammo? More rapidly? I haven't quite worked out what difference it makes yet.

Get out of your car and smash them up with your wrench.

I did that and got the jiggy. Couldn't do it fast enough for the trophy, though.

I'll have to come back. I've only got two egg bombs and a grenade launcher. The eyes being up quite high makes it hard to use just these.

I used the egg turret for this one which makes it very easy. You just drive to a good place to get an overall view, jump in the egg turret and just sit in the one spot shooting all the baddies.

An ammo question: what happens if you attach loads and loads of guns but only one ammo box? Do you run out of ammo? Should you ideally use one per gun? What if you have several boxes for just one gun, can you fire more ammo? More rapidly? I haven't quite worked out what difference it makes yet.

It's purely the amount of ammo available. The more you have the longer it will last. All guns will share the same ammo supply so it will run out faster if you have more guns just because you are firing more stuff. When ammo runs out during a challenge there is no way to fill up again unless there are special ammo power-ups in the level.

I used the egg turret for this one which makes it very easy. You just drive to a good place to get an overall view, jump in the egg turret and just sit in the one spot shooting all the baddies.

Yeah, don't have that yet.

Clanker's Eyes - Shoot the gruntbots from a gun turret of smack them with your wrench

Protect Mr Fit - The cage method is the best method. Check back through the thread for pictures of other people's vehicles

Terrarium of Terror - It is possible to jump over the fence using the spring but can take a few attempts. The official entrance is in the water to the left of a bridge. The way is sealed by a laser door. You will need the laser attachment to get through.

Protect Mr Fit - The cage method is the best method. Check back through the thread for pictures of other people's vehicles

I TT'd this last weekend - Humba has a cage-vehicle bluprint - take that and put heavy/super blocks around the exterior to strengthen it (I did every second column as they couldn't get through that gap anyway and it kept the vehicle lighter) and if you have them stick one or more clockword Kaz and maybe a missile launcher on it. The clockwork Kaz will fire as soon as a gruntbot appears so even if off-screen you'll know they are there - if you see any ahead of you fire a missile which'll autolock onto one of them. If you do this, and don't tangle Mr Fit up when he's jogging, you'll TT it.

Oh yeah - cover the front with blocks too - enough that fit can pass under and no more - gruntbots that somehow manage a frontal attack won't get under.

You don't need the laser attachment to get in through the water, you need the scuba seat. Getting that opens up all the underwater doors.

My mistake. Going from memory. (Haven't played it for months)

One thing I find really frustrating about it is that because I'm playing it in short bursts, I always forget where I need to go and what Jiggies I still need to get when I come back to it.

Is there any kind of map, I suppose similar to the one on Mario Galaxy, where you can quickly check which Jiggies/Trophies are left in which worlds?