rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Gwynster

Alan Wake: Tramp gamers, take a hike!

Its coming to the x360

Re read my post plz... :D

Edit: ignore (i could've sworn that 'else' wasn't there the first time I read it :wub: )

Oh it was...it's even in that Beast dudes quote.

Eh, it's the price you pay for better graphics and better controls.

But for me, I'm playing games less and less AND I'll be buying a house early next year, so I won't have the money for a new PC let alone a PS3 or X360...Probably.

We just bought a house in May and traded in some old consoles to get the 360. It's a much cheaper option unless the person is a graphic nerd.

Hot damn that looks good! The water and fire effects in particular look stunning. And it matters not if the game is shit, in that the programming expertise will filter down to other developers in due course, and at least one of them would make a decent game from it. Probably.

Why not?

I'd imagine he said that because it was running on a quad-core/SLI setup which had been rediculiously overclocked.

It'll probably 'look' similar, but it won't have a n'th as much geometry going on.

The lighting looked amazing. I've never seen anything look that good before. I know they're fairly DX10 reliant, so i just thought that the effects would have to be scaled down a bit.

It's just HDR, isn't it? The 360 can do that.

Forget the lighting, look at the draw distance, physics, geometry etc etc etc.

It's a 360 exclusive, so i'm sure it'll look great, but it couldn't possibly look as good as the super-duper PC version.

Forget the lighting, look at the draw distance, physics, geometry etc etc etc.

It's a 360 exclusive, so i'm sure it'll look great, but it couldn't possibly look as good as the super-duper PC version.

360 & PC, non?

Mission 1: Shout at people for five hours.

Mission 2: Collect 15 fag ends.

Mission 3: Curl out perfect turd.

Nah, I'd make it a lot more like Shenmue - just wandering around trying to start conversations with people, and not having anything to say. "Excuse me... uhm."

There's a tramp in Bristol who hangs around the area between Natwest and DoneChickBurg, and claims to have written some poetry while he was falsely imprisoned. He proceeds to (very elegantly) recite a series of (quite good) verses, and then claim that it gets released in 2 weeks and that he's doing a signing at Borders - but until then he needs a bit of change from generous people to make it by.

I gave him a quid the first time, but he's tried to read me the same poem twice since and it's like 3 months since his book was meant to come out. He walks about askign EVERYONE as well.

I couldn't possibly code Tramp Simulator 2007 without getting this guy to endorse it - he's just at the peak of the profession in every way.

Massive amounts of overclocking == we haven't optimised the code yet.

I suspect if someone seriouslys target multicore processors, there's not much that hacking could really do.

The Xbox 360 can run 6 hardware threads, so I'd be surprised if this game is utterly beyond it.