rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
blandishment

Forgotten Bridge - Metroid Prime: Echoes

Please somebody help me.

I'm sad to say I'm stuck on this game and, yes, I've tried GameFAQs.

Okay, where I am: I just beat the boss to get hold of the Grapple Hook in Torvus Bog (Dark). According to the guides on GameFAQs I need to go back to the light world then go to the Forgotten Bridge area and jump across from the central platform to the portal. but it's too far. There are no grapple points and the platform near the waterfall is too far as well.

Is there some switch I need to press that I've forgotten? Maybe to raise the level of the water or something. If so, where can I find it because I'm almost giving up on this game now. It's like pulling teeth.

Your help will be rewarded with much digital karma. Thanks!

This is a shot in the dark as it's been ages since I payed Echoes. Is there one of those invisible floating platforms that you can only see with the dark visor? Or maybe you just need the screw attack jump to get across.

Sorry, that's not particularly helpful.

Thanks for the reply. I am at the point just before getting the Dark Visor, which I understand is the next boss. To get it I need to, apparently, go through the portal at the Forgotten Bridge. But Like I say it's too far to jump with the abilities I currently have (double jump).

I have a gravity boost but that only works in water... erm, actually is that true..?

Thanks for the reply. I am at the point just before getting the Dark Visor, which I understand is the next boss. To get it I need to, apparently, go through the portal at the Forgotten Bridge. But Like I say it's too far to jump with the abilities I currently have (double jump).

I've just had a quick go on my copy of Echoes. If you're standing on the central platform looking at the portal, there's a small platform to the right of it within double jumping range. From there, you can double jump to the portal.

However, that sounds a bit too easy. Since I've already finished the game, the Forgotten Bridge area has probably changed quite a bit since the start, and it's hard to remember what it used to look like before everything was activated. Maybe the solution involves the bomb slot that's in a dimensional flux on the upper level. From the looks of it, the bomb slot was hidden within a stone column that you need to destroy.

Hmm, that is quite difficult to make out. Something about finding a dark crystal in the Forgotten Bridge room, but I'm pretty sure I've explored all of it...

I've just had a quick go on my copy of Echoes. If you're standing on the central platform looking at the portal, there's a small platform to the right of it within double jumping range. From there, you can double jump to the portal.

As memory serves that ledge isn't there at the moment. I've been jumping around this place for the last two days so I'm sure about this. Seems like I need to activate something.

Can anyone help?

Cheers for the replies so far.

Ah, chances are you are going for the 3rd Torvus Temple Key. There's a way to use this portal, but you have to make a small side trip. Go to the room called Torvus Grove in Torvus Bog. Look at entrance... there should be a small half-pipe here. Use the boost ball to get up this half-pipe and reach onto a ledge. Once on the ledge, follow the path to the Dark Beam doors. Keep following this path and you'll be in the room the Forgotten Bridge again... but a different part of it. When you enter the room Forgotten Bridge, look to your right. There will be a spinner you can activate. So, go into morph ball mode, go inside the spinner and use the boost ball to activate the spinner. A platform will move in front of the portal, thus giving you a way to access the portal. Activate the portal and go through, the 3rd (and final) Torvus Temple key will be right there.

Designer 1: "prime had 12 keys..echoes had 9 keys and wasnt as popular"

Designer 2: "yeah we need 30 keys at the end"

Designer 1: "i like it, and a baby metroid steals your map"

Designer 2: "Go with it!"

thought that puzzle was quite simple - in fact, since I beat the spider ball boss I've been getting right back into this. I think it's great. Just got the screw attack yesterday and, in typical Metroid fashion, I'm not far from being so totally tooled up that I can whiz around the map pretty quickly.

Looking forward to corruption - muchly.

it is fucking annoying though.

i've just got up to the boost boss and there's no way of beating him through skill. it's just pure luck surely.

i've gone in with 4 energy tanks, 50 light beam ammo and 50 missiles but he's beat me around 10 times running now.

i really can't be arsed carrying on unless someone can tell me an easy way to kill him.

it's a shame as well, because the game is really good. it just seems to fall down on the bosses. well, i find them quite boring and a bit of a chore anyway.

it is fucking annoying though.

i've just got up to the boost boss and there's no way of beating him through skill. it's just pure luck surely.

i've gone in with 4 energy tanks, 50 light beam ammo and 50 missiles but he's beat me around 10 times running now.

i really can't be arsed carrying on unless someone can tell me an easy way to kill him.

it's a shame as well, because the game is really good. it just seems to fall down on the bosses. well, i find them quite boring and a bit of a chore anyway.

I thought the same on my original playthrough. Use charged light beam shots. If you run out of ammo then you're probably going to have to backtrack and get a beam ammo expansion.

There's one in Agon Wastes where the Space Pirates attacked you with the cannons. Take control of one of the cannons and fire towards the right hand side. A path should open that will take you to the expansion.

it's nothing about being casual. i just can't be arsed doing the same boss over and over again. i'd rather play something else.

i like fighting them over and over. helps you perfect them.

they are guardians after all, you should have to outwit them.

it's nothing about being casual. i just can't be arsed doing the same boss over and over again. i'd rather play something else.

no offence meant here, your preferences are your own, but you just defined 'casual gamer' in that sentence.

rubbish.

if it was possible to learn its attack patterns or it's weaknesses through repeated play then i'd agree, but this boss is invincible in most of its forms. only when it turns back into the ing creature is it vulnerable and then it seems random as to when it will appear and how long it'll stay in that form for.

there's no way you can perfect a boss like that either. it's pretty much down to luck whether you'll do it or not.

so, it's not me being casual, it's bad game design if anything.

nah, i have to disagree. once i sussed the boost guardian i mullered him. plenty of people here have done the same. its a bit of a difficulty spike admittedly but he's perfectly do-able.

its all about hammering him hard when you can, morph ball bombing his 'puddle' form and not missing the health pickups from destroyed towers.

seriously, i'm doing all that. keeping well out his way when he's boosting, bombing him in puddle form and charged light beam and super missile attacks when he's in ing form.

i still can't do it and i must have had another 4 goes since posting last.

so, how did you 'suss' him? are you suggesting there's an easy way of taking him down every time?

it really is pissing me off now. to the point where i'm going to take it out of my gc and not bother with it again.

seriously, i'm doing all that. keeping well out his way when he's boosting, bombing him in puddle form and charged light beam and super missile attacks when he's in ing form.

i still can't do it and i must have had another 4 goes since posting last.

so, how did you 'suss' him? are you suggesting there's an easy way of taking him down every time?

it really is pissing me off now. to the point where i'm going to take it out of my gc and not bother with it again.

Don't bother with the super missile. It could be that you're not bringing him out of the slime (for lack of a better word) form quick enough.

yeah, that does seem to be very random. i'm dropping morph ball bombs all over the place but it's not turning him back into ing form. he just seems to spend the next 5 minutes boosting around and generating loads of baby ings.

you need to bomb the shit out of the puddle form and just avoid the beast..its tricky.

i duno, i just have this resolve where i'l persist and persist. iv beaten harder bosses that him..i just play to the point where i know it completely backwards.