IGNORED

This Life returns

northy

The thing bad about it returning it that is might ruin the fantastic way the series ended originally. And

One of them has become a commercial success after writing a book based on their friendship, and a TV production company is keen to film the group's reunion.

this doesn't fill me with hope.

• 1 month later...

I loved this when it was first on but feared that it wouldnt have held up.

I started watching the repeats last night and couldnt take my eyes off it, it was as amazing as I remembered it, it hasnt aged at all!

Fantastic. Is anyone else watching it?

Best TV drama series ever. I got the dvd box set and we're watching them atm. Its weird to think that this started off Jack Davenport's career and now hes doing Pirates of the carribean

I'm looking forward to this new one off, just hope they don't try and cram too much stuff in or make it too OTT

One of them has become a commercial success after writing a book based on their friendship, and a TV production company is keen to film the group's reunion.

:D

• 2 weeks later...

This deserves a bump.

Loving the repeats - easily the best thing on tv at the moment. Only downside is that i am permantly knackered at the mo due to the silly late start/finish times !!

Yea, I've never seen before, but I'm trying to watch in time for the new episode so i don't get left behind. Getting up for 7 i getting less and less likely...

Loving the repeats - easily the best thing on tv at the moment. Only downside is that i am permantly knackered at the mo due to the silly late start/finish times !!

Especially now the Ashes seems to come before it meaning it doesnt finish until well after 1am!

It is funny to think Miles went on to have the best acting career because I always thought his character was one of the weakest although it doesnt help he is a complete bastard.

Indeed. Holds up very well. Bought both series on DVD earlier this year, and I thought then (and think now) that This Life pretty much changed how all dramas are made. Back when it originally aired, people rang in and complained to the BBC that the camera movements made them feel sick.

Now, those techniques have been adopted by 90% of dramas.

Being a spaz, I always lumped this life with cold feet into a sort of youngish people coupling type grey goo. It's almost like I didn't appreciate they were different programs even.

Anyway, randomly turned on This Life the other day expecting to see a cheeky irishman sing soppy songs to a narcissistic woman and instead was bowled over by the bitter razor sharp quality dramage.

Its amazing. Pity its so late. Might have to pick up a boxset.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

This is quite possibly the most nauseating thing I've ever watched. What's to enjoy about watching a bunch of successful people played by smug actors? It just comes across as some kind of grotesque wish fulfillment from the writers, who must therefore be cunts of the highest order. This is the worst life could ever become. I'll take the new series of Shameless, thanks.

I know. Sometimes I forget that good drama is thin on the ground in the South.

You English are lucky that northerners exist, or you'd be stuck in a world of This Life/Closer shit.

Indeed. Taggart's on tomorrow...

-_-

I watched that Hogmanay thing on BBC4 the other night too (The Cinema Show). It was pretty entertaining & interesting - especially the way the disastrous 1984 / 85 show went tits up. Scotch & Wry looked pretty funny though - certainly a much better alternative to some of the the New Year's Eve shite that gets put out.

This is quite possibly the most nauseating thing I've ever watched. What's to enjoy about watching a bunch of successful people acted by smug actors? It just comes across as some kind of grotesque wish fulfillment from the writers, who must therefore be cunts of the highest order. This is the worst life could ever become. I'll take the new series of Shameless, thanks.

Successful? Not the programme I was watching...then.

"...Outstanding"

Finally, after watching Milly smash that smug cunt in the face as 23 year old I finally got to see how their lives turned out.

I fucking loved it.

To the haters - you just weren't there man, you wouldn't understand*

*standard vietnam flashback #23433